Possible Frontierland expansion

Kman101

mj-laughing.gif

He likes to troll but doesn't do a very good job at it.

Phil12

He likes to troll but doesn't do a very good job at it.
Actually it's common sense. I don't really care how old or how new an attraction is. The real question is, does the attraction pull its weight? Peter Pan and Small World are rather poor attractions but they are very popular with guests and do a great business. It's just not a good idea to remove such crowd pleasers.

CBJ, Tiki, CoP and Stitch get very little business. It just makes sense to gut those venues and replace them with attractions that would draw guests in. As it stands now these attractions only get guests when the park is at capacity or during the numerous afternoon showers. Woody's Roundup with Jesse, Bullseye and Stinky Pete would make a great replacement for CBJ.

Of course the Tiki Room has grown very long in the tooth. Even the under new management version could not save this worn out show. I think part of the reason is that most people just don't have an affinity for birds due to the bird's constant squawking and that they can't control their poop. After all we eat chicken, duck and turkey legs. I'd suggest they create a show with likeable animals such as cats:

CoP and Stitch should be easy to replace with GotG, Star Wars or The Incredibles.

cheezbat

Actually it's common sense. I don't really care how old or how new an attraction is. The real question is, does the attraction pull its weight? Peter Pan and Small World are rather poor attractions but they are very popular with guests and do a great business. It's just not a good idea to remove such crowd pleasers.

CBJ, Tiki, CoP and Stitch get very little business. It just makes sense to gut those venues and replace them with attractions that would draw guests in. As it stands now these attractions only get guests when the park is at capacity or during the numerous afternoon showers. Woody's Roundup with Jesse, Bullseye and Stinky Pete would make a great replacement for CBJ.

Both Tiki Room and Country Bears take up such small spots...no real room for anything of size.

No. The parks don't need any more toy story. There are far too many other valuable properties not represented in the parks.

Now if you were talking Aladdin, or The Incredibles, or Jungle Book, you'd be in business.

Cesar R M

Exactly. The Tiki Room has no business in Adventureland. It was stuck there by Walt as his personally owned attraction to make money. It would be much more appropriate as the entertainment in a fried chicken themed restaurant. And CBJ doesn't belong in Frontierland. It would be more appropriate in a Chuck E. Cheese or as entertainment at a table service venue at Blizzard Beach.
Chuck E. Cheese... Fried Restaurant... Magic Kingdom... Tiki room no business...

jzDp0XG.gif

TeriofTerror

Of course the Tiki Room has grown very long in the tooth. Even the under new management version could not save this worn out show. I think part of the reason is that most people just don't have an affinity for birds due to the bird's constant squawking and that they can't control their poop. After all we eat chicken, duck and turkey legs. I'd suggest they create a show with likeable animals such as cats:

CoP and Stitch should be easy to replace with GotG, Star Wars or The Incredibles.

Touch my bears and I will cut you. End of story.

FigmentJedi

Princess Leia

Other than the former stage show at DCA, it's a shame that Aladdin doesn't have a great representation at the parks. Three parks have the spinner (and TDS wins the award for the prettiest of the three), Epcot has a M&G (in Morocco of all places), and DLP has a walk through attraction, but it looks like it was a last minute addition and could definitely be updated. Adventureland could use a better Aladdin attraction, like a ride or a copy of the DCA show (this is never going to happen) that occurs in a newly built theater on an Adventureland expansion pad.

BrianLo

Other than the former stage show at DCA, it's a shame that Aladdin doesn't have a great representation at the parks. Three parks have the spinner (and TDS wins the award for the prettiest of the three), Epcot has a M&G (in Morocco of all places), and DLP has a walk through attraction, but it looks like it was a last minute addition and could definitely be updated. Adventureland could use a better Aladdin attraction, like a ride or a copy of the DCA show (this is never going to happen) that occurs in a newly built theater on an Adventureland expansion pad.

Arabian coast also has the Magic Lamp Theatre. No park has a book report ride, granted.

Animaniac93-98

DLP's Aladdin walk through is very charming and nicely done, actually.

The park also has the Cave of Wonders on their Storybook Canal boats.

DLP%20Storybook%2009.gif

No park has a book report ride, granted.

No park needs one either. Unless it's an indoor carpet coaster, I don't really want another Aladdin ride in the parks.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Does the theater have Aladdin performances, or is it used for something else?

It's a 3D/live actor original show. . It doesn't feature Alladin, I guess an earlier lamp-finder. But genie is featured prominently. I can't think of a WDW equivalent... sort of like the Terminator show at Universal in concept.

No park needs one either. Unless it's an indoor carpet coaster, I don't really want another Aladdin ride in the parks.

Agreed, that wasn't really an opinion I was stating, more a factual statement for what the OP seemed to be asking around.

Arabian coast is really enough as far as I'm concerned in terms of a truly serviceable Aladdin park offering. Plus Sindbad is way better than a book report movie ride could hope to be.

Arabian coast is probably one of the last vestiges between the park design of old with light movie integration and the park design of new with dedicated movie lands.

brb1006

I've only watched YouTube videos, and while I think it's nice, I think some of the figurines could use a little sprucing up.

Does the theater have Aladdin performances, or is it used for something else?

It's a 3D/live actor original show. . It doesn't feature Alladin, I guess an earlier lamp-finder. But genie is featured prominently. I can't think of a WDW equivalent... sort of like the Terminator show at Universal in concept.

Agreed, that wasn't really an opinion I was stating, more a factual statement for what the OP seemed to be asking around.

Arabian coast is really enough as far as I'm concerned in terms of a truly serviceable Aladdin park offering. Plus Sindbad is way better than a book report movie ride could hope to be.

Arabian coast is probably one of the last vestiges between the park design of old with light movie integration and the park design of new with dedicated movie lands.

For those that never seen it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom