Possible Frontierland expansion

Cesar R M

I really enjoyed The Lone Ranger movie. It seemed like the critics were saying it was a flop before the movie was out and it's hard to overcome bad reviews ( even if you don't agree with them).
Disney's trend now adays is redoing movies from the past. You might as well reboot The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn :)
I actually liked John Carter but disliked half of Lone Ranger(campy but not kinda there).
Oz's weakness was its over-reliance on CGI. imho

jt04

Not if its like GRR at DCA or even worse, Kali at DAK. It needs to go for an authentic raft ride if its in Frontierland. Think boats like Pirates instead. And not if it has to take over Tom Sawyer Island or close off the river from watercraft.

It doesn't have to take over the whole island. Or close the river for all watercraft.

I like your idea about the boat. There isn't a Disneyfied version of one of those rides that I know of.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You might as well reboot The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn :)

There's a word for why using that franchise is problematic. And it begins with 'N'. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

And before anyone tries to explain how you can make it work, remember: It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

And before anyone tries to explain how you can get around diydadiyd or why it shouldn't be a case of diydadiyd: It's diydadiyd.

HauntedMansionFLA

There's a word for why using that franchise is problematic. And it begins with 'N'. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

And before anyone tries to explain how you can make it work, remember: It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

And before anyone tries to explain how you can get around diydadiyd or why it shouldn't be a case of diydadiyd: It's diydadiyd.
That darn Jim. Sounds like the he's a sore thumb like that other character from Song of the South. I say be dammed!!

S 2

This would be awesome! Or the scene where he is escaping the cave of wonder. I wish they would get rid of the Dumbo rip off magic carpets in Adventureland, replace it with this!

you're alone on that because I would die if I could do this
tumblr_nulehxtlZe1qh07vio1_400.gif
es

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

Ugh! I actually had to Google "diydadiyd". :facepalm:

Sped2424

The scene in Philharmagic isn't good enough?

There's plenty of other movies and original ideas on which to build new attractions besides the dozen or so properties Disney uses again and again.
No frankly it's not because it's a 3d film with some fans in my face? Also that argument is lame and not at all what I was saying. Of course I'd rather have an original idea as opposed to ANY ip, but that is not what Disney is about these days as awful as that is. What I was saying is that if aladdin got a dark ride that fully fleshed out the idea of flying on a carpet it would be phenomenal. No harm in stating that.

S 2

No frankly it's not because it's a 3d film with some fans in my face? Also that argument is lame and not at all what I was saying. Of course I'd rather have an original idea as opposed to ANY ip, but that is not what Disney is about these days as awful as that is. What I was saying is that if aladdin got a dark ride that fully fleshed out the idea of flying on a carpet it would be phenomenal. No harm in stating that.

I totally agree, i thought the suggestion that Philharmonic would cover that was so ridiculous I didn't say it but was thinking the same thing. Like a flying banshee but a carpet? Like Soarin' ...on a carpet. We know Disney could do it. Plus, there's Disney Movies, then there's Disney classics and they're know to cement classic IP's in their parks once they get that legendary status and Aladdin is definitely one of these films and they really don't have much for it.

doctornick

Original Poster
Disney's trend now adays is redoing movies from the past. You might as well reboot The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn :)

It wasn't all that long ago that Disney tried to do live action of those Mark Twain tales: The Adventures of Huck Finn in 1993 and Tom and Huck in 1995. Though I suppose that's enough time to consider a reboot again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom