Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach?

epcotWSC

I was thinking about taking advantage of the special (4 + 3) and I was looking at the more moderate priced resorts. I'm struggling between Port Orleans & Caribbean Beach. Which does everyone think is the better resort? I thought CB would be closer to Epcot than it is (still have to take the bus either way), but it seems like PO is pretty much just as close and is closer to DTD. I've personally seen PO and the landscape and such seems like it's very nice, haven't seen the rooms though. Anyone have some insight?

Disneyfalcon

We've stayed at both. I find them pretty equal, I don't think I have a preference.

At CBR, we stayed in the Aruba village and it was very quiet and a short walk over the bridge to the main pool and food court.

At Port Orleans it was nice to be able to use our pool and French Quarter pool, just for some variety.

We really liked both. Please ask if you have any specific questions about either one.:)

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Im a huge fan of POR!!! After staying there the last two years its the only place for my family and me. You will have fun wherever you decide.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'd opt for PO myself. Stayed at Riverside a few times, so my first choice might be French Quarter, but I'd choose either of them over CB (I'd also choose CSR over CB too, it's just my least-favorite looking mod).

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Defiitely Port Orleans for me. CB Is OK but probably my least favorite of the bunch. I like Coronado a lot as well but PO Riverside is my Southern home!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

jeffk410

CB for me!!

Ive been to both Port orleans and carribean beach. I find CB to be much cleaner the foodcourt is cleaner and the grounds are nicer. sometimes CB can be a bit of a walk ,but i sitll prefer CB!!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Port Orleans all the way! It's my home away from home (it was already booked solid when we made our reservations).

Not only is it a boat ride away from DTD, it also has:
  • evening carriage rides
  • a campfire program over the winter months (December to March, I believe)
  • cane pole catch-and-release fishing
  • two distinct sections (elegant mansions or rustic cottages)
  • Piano-man Bob at the River Roost Lounge (excellent family entertainment)
  • a children's cruise, the Sassagoula River Adventure Cruise
  • a butterfly garden
  • use of all amentities (pools, foodcourt, etc.) at its sister resort, POFQ
AllEars also agrees:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why should I choose the Riverside over another Resort?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Riverside is one of the nicest and best-themed moderate Resort at WDW. The extensive, award-winning landscaping, courteous cast, and choice of room themes will certainly add a large share of Disney magic to your vacation. While some of the "deluxe" Resorts are fancier and have more amenities, Riverside is a bargain that can't be beat.[/FONT]
Have fun planning :wave:

Upvote 0

cushion

having stayed at both resorts i would choose cb every time, i just dont get the appeal of riverside, it felt really old fashioned and frumpy to me.
the setting of cb around that huge lake is lovely and the walk over the island is something we always love to do.

but either way you will have aglorious time... 5 more days and ill be there..im soooo excited..

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I've stayed at all of the moderates and Port Orleans is my favorite... Just got back recently from POFQ and loved it!!! I will definately be going back to French Quarter next november...Both POR and POFQ are far better than CBR.

Upvote 0

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Yay, I've actually stayed at both of these. let's see here. POR is a great resort with awesome theming and a fun atmosphere. However it did seem a little far from the parks but I don't know if I remember right. Also, the buses always seemed to have the biggest lines and were always crowded.
Caribbean is themed good but I don't think it's as good as POR. But on the plus side it's really close to DHS and Epcot and the buses were never crowded.
I don't know if I could make this decision, this is a tough decision. I hope this helps a little.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The rooms at Caribbean Beach are larger. But what surroundings do you prefer? Tropical vibe with bright colors surrounded by palm trees or rustic style plantations and gardens surrounded by oaks?

Upvote 0

disneydudette

We prefer CBR over POR... but for the following reasons:

1) Overall theming... Disney is still a "vacation" to us... and I guess living in the South... POR/POFQ just doesn't have that vacation appeal. After a day at the parks... we love coming "home" to empty beaches, hammock lounging, and a laid back, tropical feel.

2) Each village feels like it's own private resort to us. Private beach area, quiet pool, courtyards, and seperate bus stops give each village a very personal and private feel. We love our walks to OPR/Main pool because it truly feels if your "walking into town". With exception to the main pool/OPR... we rarely see anyone!

3) Amentities.... we preferred the food court set up compared to POR as well how it's located right next to the main pool area (recently redone, featuring 2 slides in the main pool and 2 others in the childs play area). This made filling mugs and grabbing snacks easier and overall less hassel for a lazy pool day afternoon. The rooms are in fact larger (same size as the WL) and are in the process of being "remodeled" into a new Nemo theme (new linens, bedding, and select furniture). We loved coming back, filling our mugs, and watching glimpses of Illuminations from the beach area.

Overall... CBR appeals to us more and how we personally like to vacation. Everyone is different though... and I know I'm a minority in this group. CBR seems to be one of the few resorts where you either love it or hate it... it'll either be your top favorite (like us) or your least (like most others have mentioned)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom