Pixie Hollow

joanna71985

Thanks for the pics of Tink! My daughter (2) is now obsessed with Tink since returning from WDW! I guessing this will be on our "must see" list for Aug. 09!

So what is in the tent in Toontown now? It is three lines or two? One is for the princesses, right? And the other is for Pixie Hallow?

There are only 2 rooms operating now. One for the princesses, and now the other for the Fairies.

hauntdmansion79

Disneylands's Pixie Hollow totally kicks! It is what I thought Magic Kingdom was supposed to get. I am often impressed with Disneyland and Disney parks abroad, while feeling more and more jipped at WDW lately. Oh well, at least Disney is still putting out quality stuff, regardless of which park it is at.

tirian

Disneylands's Pixie Hollow totally kicks! It is what I thought Magic Kingdom was supposed to get. I am often impressed with Disneyland and Disney parks abroad, while feeling more and more jipped at WDW lately. Oh well, at least Disney is still putting out quality stuff, regardless of which park it is at.

The MK's Pixie Hollow was originally planned to go into the Fantasyland Skyway station. The concept art was gorgeous. I don't know why they chose to put it in Toontown because I can't see how it saved much money.

wannabeBelle

n500357288_1594809_5781.jpg

n500357288_1593142_6450.jpg

My friend is close friends with Tinker Bell, and she was able to catch a couple amazing photos

Um can I just say AMAZING!!!!! Great job!!! Id like to see some of Tink's friends as well!!! Thanks!! Belle

TP2000

The MK's Pixie Hollow was originally planned to go into the Fantasyland Skyway station. The concept art was gorgeous. I don't know why they chose to put it in Toontown because I can't see how it saved much money.

Maybe the wheelchair access prevented them from putting it up there?

The Disneyland Pixie Hollow doesn't allow wheelchairs through the main queue that winds around the ponds and waterfalls and past the pixies homes and little statues and such. Wheelchairs are sent on a separate queue that goes around the perimeter of the 10 foot tall grass and meets up with the queue as it enters the giant flower garden and before it meets the overturned teapot that Tink jumps out of to meet guests. The other pixies at Disneyland meet guests in little pockets built around the giant flower garden near the giant teapot, and wheelchairs can get into those areas fine.

But they did clearly think about wheelchair access, and built a dedicated entry for them that unfortunately skips about two thirds of the amazingly detailed queue.

It is a little odd that a supposedly "identical" concept that opened on the same day would turn out so differently between WDW and Disneyland. Disneyland obviously spent some serious cash on Pixie Hollow, and it turned out quite nicely I have to admit. I'm not a fan of these meet n' greet things, but this one looks and sounds very cool at Disneyland. Especially at night.

curt3333

It's cute. And it already has very long lines even though it doesn't officially open until the 28th. Pics of the outdoor Disneyland version of Pixie Hollow can be found here halfway down the page, and more on the next page. http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/106353-pixie-hollow-open-3.html

WOW! It looks sooo much better than ours! It made me want to come back to DL so badly. I don't know Disney can make a simple meet-&-greet to be so elaborate and immersive. MK definitely need more of this! This kind of stuff adds up to the overall charm of the park!

krankenstein

n500357288_1594809_5781.jpg

n500357288_1593142_6450.jpg

My friend is close friends with Tinker Bell, and she was able to catch a couple amazing photos

WOW!! I DO believe in Fairies.....:lookaroun

I agree Disneyland's looks better, but it is just another meet & greet. Which simply means it is not a big deal to me.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Also just wanted to say thanks for the micechat link. The DL Pixie Hollow does look great, they've thrown lots of money at it for sure. But Tink really does deserve the attention.
Does anyone know if Tink and the fairies will be apart of the WDW MK parade?
Please keeping posting more photo's

jmuboy

I vote Pixie Hollow to replace the Pooh Playground! It's obvious from the photos WDW choose to save $$. DL's Pixie Hollow looks SO COOL!

hauntdmansion79

Having it over by the Skyway station is what I remember reading too. I remember reading it in the blue sky Fantasyland re-do, which included Little Mermaid Dark Ride, Snow White Mine Coaster, Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride, and Pixie Hollow.

I don't do meet and greets or Toontown anyway so it's no big deal, but I always want to see WDW putting out top quality stuff. At least match was Disneyland does.

WDWFREAK53

Now, I'm not saying this because she's attractive...because she is...

But, she really is the perfect Tinkerbell. She has the poses down...and her face actually LOOKS like Tinkerbell!

Bravo to the person that cast her as Tink. Great job. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom