Photoshop Pages

Coree

I'm partial to the horizon background because it gives some color to pictures that are otherwise pretty dark (since it's dark at 5:00AM). I don't know if my opinion would be different for daytime photos. I do really love the paper for the journaling!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, ladies! At least with digital I can continue to put the pages together and if I come up with a better idea for a background I can easily add it in before printing. I'm just not wowed by it the way it is now.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, I actually made it since I couldn't find anything with the marathon logo. I'm starting to think that since the journaling stationary will be consistent throughout and like you said, the clothes we were wearing will stay the same, maybe that will be enough if I switch up the backgrounds. We'll see.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Alright... so for the past couple weeks I've been trying to figure out how to add life to the marathon pages and it just isn't happening (suggestions still welcome). My ideas are so uninspired. Therefore, I'm setting the marathon book aside and just trying to have some fun with pages.

What's more fun than characters?!? Considering our love for them, I've decided to do a character book and in an effort to challenge myself and create something a little different (I feel like my style is getting a little stale of late), I've decided on one picture per page. This means I'll have to branch out and add some other elements. Look at that, actual scapbooking lingo... who knows... maybe I'll even dip into the world of real digi scrapping :eek:.

It's become a game. Brett names a character and I make a page.

We have the following three so far.

Eeyore, who's page was inspired by the very gloomy day it was at the time (and the quote is from my favorite part of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride):

eeyores_gloomy_daycopy.jpg

Marie:

mariecopy.jpg

And Figment:

figmentcopy.jpg

I've never really been happy with the standard fonts available and rarely use them because I feel they're lacking (what exactly, I don't know). So I went in search of something better and found a great website (http://www.kevinandamanda.com/scrapbook/fonts/freescrapbookfonts/) and all the fonts on the above pages came from it!! Oh no... it looks like I'm already slipping down the slope a little!

Disneyfalcon

Holly, those are awesome!! I love the one photo per page!! I always find it easier to work with one photo, as opposed to several.

They really look great. They're themed so well. Love the "lingo" too!!

I have a ton of fonts, but I need to put them in photoshop. I'll have to check out the site, thanks!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy! As for the fonts, you should definitely check them out. I downloaded them all at once and it took no time. And I think they're a huge improvement over the standards.

And based on your comment that you find a line you love and stick with it for an entire book... I'm toying with the idea of finding a digital scrapbooking line of papers and doing just that for my marathon book. Oh dear... I think I might be branching out :lookaroun.

Oh and of course I'm still waiting for you (and the rest of the club :D) to start putting those supplies to good use! As if you needed yet another reminder.

Disneyfalcon

Thanks, Tammy! As for the fonts, you should definitely check them out. I downloaded them all at once and it took no time. And I think they're a huge improvement over the standards.

And based on your comment that you find a line you love and stick with it for an entire book... I'm toying with the idea of finding a digital scrapbooking line of papers and doing just that for my marathon book. Oh dear... I think I might be branching out :lookaroun.

Oh and of course I'm still waiting for you (and the rest of the club :D) to start putting those supplies to good use! As if you needed yet another reminder.

:lol: Yes, I need to scrapbook so bad!!! I've got to get motivated again. I've got WAY WAY too many supplies to waste them!

I was still thinking about trying a digital album for my last cruise. I need to look for a line of digital papers I like to try them.

I've seen several Disney kits on ebay, but I don't want to buy something that someone scanned into their computer and is now making money off of.

It goes against every copyright upholding law in my body.:lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I've been researching digital kits myself and found that on the scrapmatters website individuals sell their designs. And from there I've found links to additional websites and, believe it or not, blogs. On a whole the kits seem very inexpensive ($3-7 approx) and once downloaded can be used over and over again. The only problem I've had is in getting the perfect Disney relevant stuff (in this case I'm thinking the classic Mickey colors for my marathon book).

Disneyfalcon

I've been researching digital kits myself and found that on the scrapmatters website individuals sell their designs. And from there I've found links to additional websites and, believe it or not, blogs. On a whole the kits seem very inexpensive ($3-7 approx) and once downloaded can be used over and over again. The only problem I've had is in getting the perfect Disney relevant stuff (in this case I'm thinking the classic Mickey colors for my marathon book).

Yes! That's what I can't decide. Classic Disney colors, or just picking a line I like.:)

Coree

I'm loving those pages! One photo per page is a great idea and the design elements you're coming up with for each page work perfectly! Nicely done (on the pages and on reminding Tammy what a slacker she is). :lookaroun :p

eagles

i think i like the idea of classic disney colors for your marathon book.

you could use one of those basic colors as your background, and then use another color for your frames around your pics and if they overlap, you could use a couple of those colors for your frames. just an idea, but i like the sound of the classic color for your pages.

i love the single photo for your characters also, good job on that.

i hope to get some scraping done very very soon. must use those supplies.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks Coree and Louella! I'm getting excited about these character pages. And I agree with you Louella, I'm going to try the classic mickey colors... I mean, it is his marathon after all!

Coree, I don't think my "not-so-subtle" hints are working with Tammy, although I've tried (over and over again :lol:). I think we need to gang up on her, and the whole host of other talented scrappers in the support group that appears to be forming right before our very eyes!

Disneyfalcon

Coree, I don't think my "not-so-subtle" hints are working with Tammy, although I've tried (over and over again :lol:). I think we need to gang up on her, and the whole host of other talented scrappers in the support group that appears to be forming right before our very eyes!

Look out!! We might outnumber you soon!!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom