Photoshop Pages

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Why thank you, Jenn :D!

And while we're (kind of) on the subject of coca cola being a big sponsor of the parks, here is a page I just finished of Club Cool (Brett is preparing himself for a little taste of Beverly). Just how cool is he now?:

club_coolcopy.jpg

Ariels Grotto (and no I'm not gripping onto Brett for fear of Ariel stealing him from me, although she is quite beautiful while I'm rather uncool :lookaroun... I promise I was just trying not to fall off the rock):

ariels_grottocopy.jpg

And an Epcot 25th Celebration page:

epcot_25th_celebrationcopy.jpg

mouselvrmom

Love your backgrounds on those, especially the club cool page. Can you believe I STILL haven't been there to try the beverly? Even after all I've heard of it on here. I guess when I get to epcot I just forget all about it. :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Love your backgrounds on those, especially the club cool page. Can you believe I STILL haven't been there to try the beverly? Even after all I've heard of it on here. I guess when I get to epcot I just forget all about it. :lol:

:eek: You have got to do it!!! And Sam had better be holding the camera!!:lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, ladies! Jenn, I'm shocked you've never wandered through Club Cool. I don't particularly like any of the flavors, except for Krest from Mozambique... it tastes like Ginger Ale.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Okay, so I've been working to get the last few pages of Ohana Collection Volume II done. Here are some pages I'm going to include.

The Boutiki:

boutikicopy.jpg

Aloha Isle (I'm debating on whether or not to hold off on putting this one in a book until I get a close up of the dole whip):

aloha_islecopy.jpg

Star Tours:

star_tourscopy.jpg

I love the picture on the top right. We had our mickey drawings rolled up and were walking up the queue and the storm trooper had to inspect them. We figure he had to make sure they weren't evil plans to destroy the Death Star!

And last but not least, Monster's Inc.(it's such a close call but I'd have to say this is my favorite Pixar movie):

monsters_inc_characterscopy.jpg

Looking at these pages, 3 out of 4 follow a similar layout (one large picture in a corner with others wrapping around the side). Clearly I go to this style layout too much :dazzle: !

Disneyfalcon

Those are so good Holly!! Your pictures are so fun. You guys don't take the same ole, same ole stand by the character photos!:lol:

That picture of stitch in the top right completes that layout! It's perfect!

mouselvrmom

More great pages, Holly! I like your style. :D No seriously, having the one larger focal picture with the surrounding pictures wrapping around it really makes the pages stand out. I love how you use so many coordinating background pictures to emphasize your focal picture. I love the stormtrooper picture and the monsters inc picture where you're getting scared. :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Those are so good Holly!! Your pictures are so fun. You guys don't take the same ole, same ole stand by the character photos!:lol:

That picture of stitch in the top right completes that layout! It's perfect!

Thanks, Tammy. Everytime we stand in a meet and greet line we try to come up with something to say to the characters that will help to change up the picture. And I really loved that little Stitch sitting in the store!

More great pages, Holly! I like your style. :D No seriously, having the one larger focal picture with the surrounding pictures wrapping around it really makes the pages stand out. I love how you use so many coordinating background pictures to emphasize your focal picture. I love the stormtrooper picture and the monsters inc picture where you're getting scared. :lol:

Thank you! That's exactly why I have trouble getting away from that layout style... there's always a picture I want to draw the eye to. I was very excited about the Monsters background... I actually took a picture of Sully's backside while we were waiting in line to meet him. And the Star Tours background is the wall outside of Tatooine Traders.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yay!! I'm ready to print volume 2. Here are the last few pages I finished for it. The Inaugural Expedition Everest Challenge. For whatever reason, I really struggled with this one and I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I guess not every page can be my favorite page!

Left side:

everest_challenge_1copy.jpg

Right side:

everest_challenge_2copy.jpg

Here is one I am happy with. One of my new favorites... the China Pavilion:

china_pavilioncopy.jpg

And my Table of Contents pages for this book:

table_contents_left_volume2copy.jpg

table_contents_right_volume2copy.jpg

If anyone notices any misspelled words on these pages, please let me know!!

mouselvrmom

More great pages, Holly! I love your table of contents pages! And I also really like your expedition everest challenge pages! They are really neat! And I thought your recent marathon was your first time running. You're starting to look like an old pro. :lol: Yay for getting another book done! :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
great pages hollybelle. i also like the way you spice things up a bit with the characters.

Thanks! I heart characters :lol:!

More great pages, Holly! I love your table of contents pages! And I also really like your expedition everest challenge pages! They are really neat! And I thought your recent marathon was your first time running. You're starting to look like an old pro. :lol: Yay for getting another book done! :sohappy:

Thanks, Jenn. The Expedition Everest Challenge was a 5K... aka 3.2 miles, with an obstacle course and scavenger hunt to follow. Not nearly the pain of 26.2 long miles. It was our very first "race" with the marathon our second.

mouselvrmom

Now you're trying to mislead me, Holly. I was under the understanding that you just walked into a full marathon with no running experience. So really it is recommended to try something shorter to make sure you survive that. :lol:

You sure have implanted the suggestion into my head. I can't seem to get it out. I should probably be able to do it even though I haven't run a mile in my life, right? :lookaroun

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Absolutely, you can do it!!! I'm not kidding when I say a year ago, it nearly killed me to run a mile. The 5K was fun and while it prepared me for what to expect with regards to using a chip, waves/corrals, and crowds, etc. it in no way prepared me for the mental challenge of a marathon. We were on the course for 30 minutes or so during the 5K... vs... 7 hours for the marathon!

You should totally look into one of the races... they have a Tower of Terror 13K (something like 8 miles) in October. I want to do that one because there are apparently villians out all over the course :sohappy:! I really liked the EE 5K but was disappointed because there were NO characters, whatsoever. So from one character lover to another, I don't recommend that one :D, even though it was fun.

I say go for it though... I'm a perfect example of someone who is not a runner, but was still able to conquer the distance.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Also, I forgot to mention that they do a Family Fun Run/Walk 5K the Friday before the marathon and during a few other events throughout the year so the kids can get involved, too (and get a medal :D).

mouselvrmom

So these characters that you can meet while running the marathon, is there usually a long line to see them? I'm guessing you couldn't afford to take up too much time waiting in lines. How long would you say an average wait was?

HollyBelle

Original Poster
It depends on the character... most of them were a minute or two. We waited 5 minutes for Donald/Mickey/Goofy in the MK, and that was the longest line. That same line that took us 5 minutes to get through had enough people in it to have easily been a 30-45 minute line on any given park day due to a myriad of things like playing, taking autographs and families taking 10+ different pictures when it's there turn :brick:. But everyone is trying to move quickly during the marathon so no one is monopolizing the characters time. It was literally a snap of the picture and then we were off.

Jack Sparrow's line looked to be about 5 minutes as well.

Chip and Dale at MK, Darkwing Duck, Donald and Daisy, and Minnie in the AK were all next to nothing waits... we just walked right up! Jammin Jungle Mickey was not out when we came upon his set up at the AK so we were the first in line when he walked out a minute later. People were starting to get in line as we took off. So I'd say it just depends.

Then there are some that surprised me. For example, Piglet was in the MK and had a really long line :shrug:, and I wouldn't have expected that.

Many people are not out there to take character pictures (crazy people concerned about their finish time and all !)... leaving more time for us:sohappy:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom