Photoshop Pages

mouselvrmom

That was kind of what I was figuring, but I wasn't sure. Have to check up on the important thing, you know. It would be the ONLY reason I would ever consider doing a marathon. :lookaroun:lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Jenn, Brett and I will let you hop in the crazy boat with us :lol:!! Because I wasn't kidding when I said the characters were our motivation... never in a million years would I run a marathon anywhere other than Disney!!

And you just wait til I get a little further into my trip report... the Studios (which according to my research is usually packed with rare characters) were void of any. I was not a happy camper at that point, to say the least :cry:.

mouselvrmom

That must have been hard considering that you were probably completely exhausted by that point. :eek:

The place better be packed with rare characters if I decide to do this. :lol:

I've been talking it up to Sam as a couples retreat to have some time away from the kids. :lookaroun I'm sure we'll be feeling like enjoying ourselves after we get done with the race. :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Unbelievably hard... it almost broke me :dazzle:. Emotions were high and I was really mad about it.

Now, there were some characters out on the half marathon that I would have killed to meet... namely Captain Phoebus and Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame... talk about rare!

You two should totally see it as a weekend away! And you should do the marathon together... I know I wouldn't have made it through it without Brett. It was a good weekend for relaxing at the resort (and utilizing the hot tub)!

If you want to have some fun dreaming about who you might meet on the marathon, try looking at pictures from past marathons on the following website... www.disneyrunning.com. Brett and I stumbled upon this website when we were dreaming of all the rare characters!!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy! The majority of people (especially the fast ones) probably do wave as they speed on by. For me they were they main event:ROFLOL:.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I'm going through some serious Disney withdrawal, as this is the first time in a long time that we don't have an upcoming WDW trip to look forward to. I can't really complain though, as we are going on our first cruise with my parents in May (unfortunately it's not Disney) who have cruised multiple times!! I'm actually looking forward to having some new subject matter to scrap when we return :sohappy:.

I find that creating pages helps at least a little bit with the withdrawal, so here are some recent ones I've put together!

Biergarten (I'm really happy with how the title turned out on this one):

biergartencopy.jpg

Characters from the Jungle Book:

jungle_book_characterscopy.jpg

A little Pluto, Part II:

pluto_part2copy.jpg

And Toy Story Midway Mania (I wish you could tell what the background is... I opted for Andy's wallpaper but it doesn't quite show through):

toy_story_midway_maniacopy.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Holly those are wonderful!! I've missed seeing your layouts recently!! Hey I'm cruising in May too!! When is yours and where are you headed? I think you'll love it!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy! We got a great deal ($399 pp) on the Carnival Liberty, May 2-9, going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I know you'll be on a Disney cruise :D, but when and where?!

Any shore excursion suggestions? My parents have been to both Grand Cayman and Cozumel before, but not Ocho Rios. Brett and I are considering the "Race Fantastique" (Amazing Race style competition) in Cozumel... have you heard anything about it?

Disneyfalcon

That sounds great! I've hard good things about the Sting Ray excursion in Grand Cayman if that appeals to you. The Race Fantastique sounds really fun to me too. It gets pretty good reviews from past cruisers too. I love The Amazing Race!! :)

We are going at the end of May 23-30. We're going to St. Thomas/St. John, Tortola and Castaway Cay. Can't wait!!:sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yeah, I've read a lot about Stingray City, but don't know if we'll end up doing it. We're definitely leaning towards the RF in Cozumel. I'm excited because it seems to take you out of the tourist areas a bit, and I'd really like to experience at least a little authentic culture! I just hope there are some physical tasks to complete in addition to clues/puzzles.

I'll be looking for another great cruise report from you when you return! And where are those scrapbook pages from the last couple cruises?!? We haven't forgotten around here :D!

Disneyfalcon

Yeah, I've read a lot about Stingray City, but don't know if we'll end up doing it. We're definitely leaning towards the RF in Cozumel. I'm excited because it seems to take you out of the tourist areas a bit, and I'd really like to experience at least a little authentic culture! I just hope there are some physical tasks to complete in addition to clues/puzzles.

I'll be looking for another great cruise report from you when you return! And where are those scrapbook pages from the last couple cruises?!? We haven't forgotten around here :D!

:eek: Ah man, I was hoping you forgot!!:lol: I am actually toying with the idea of digital albums for the cruises. I really haven't decided yet though. If I go traditional, I want to do it all in the same papers and I have used my current line to death on my Disneyland album.

Sadly, there are NO scrapbooking stores around here to go inspire me. I think I've found one about 30 minutes away that I'm toying with driving too.:)

HollyBelle

Original Poster
:eek: Ah man, I was hoping you forgot!!:lol: I am actually toying with the idea of digital albums for the cruises. I really haven't decided yet though. If I go traditional, I want to do it all in the same papers and I have used my current line to death on my Disneyland album.

Sadly, there are NO scrapbooking stores around here to go inspire me. I think I've found one about 30 minutes away that I'm toying with driving too.:)

We welcome you on the darkside if you do decide to go digital!! However, I do love how you use the same line of paper throughout a book/trip. Would it be completely sacrilegious to use colors other than the infamous Mickey color scheme?! Because I think an assortment of blues would be a great backdrop for cruise pictures.

Loving those pages, Holly! :sohappy:

Thanks, Jenn!

I just looked through all 17 pages of this thread, and what a fantastic job you have done!! :)

Thank you for the compliment, HopLow!!

Disneyfalcon

We welcome you on the darkside if you do decide to go digital!! However, I do love how you use the same line of paper throughout a book/trip. Would it be completely sacrilegious to use colors other than the infamous Mickey color scheme?! Because I think an assortment of blues would be a great backdrop for cruise pictures.

No, I don't think it would be wrong at all to use different colors!! But I still want to go to a scrapbooking store, find a line I love, and buy a ton of it!!:D

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Agghhhh... I NEED HELP!!!

Okay, so I've been trying to find some inspiration to work on our marathon scrapbook. This is my first full length book centered around one thing and so I definitely want there to be some cohesion throughout. Brett and I have been trying to figure out if all the "race" pages should have the same background and if so, what? I've been through a million ideas and can't find one that really pops. Below is the same double page spread with different backgrounds. Thoughts? Do you like either of these or have any ideas for backgrounds??

Layout 1: The background is a "horizon" and it actually came from the disney marathon site.
Left page:

marathon3_left_familyreunionareacop.jpg

Right page:

marathon4_right_startcopy.jpg

Layout 2: this background is a road heading into the horizon
Left page:

marathon3_left_familyreunionarea_ro.jpg

Right page:

marathon4_right_start_road.jpg

So... thoughts?

I'm thinking that the horizon is too boring to carry throughout. It lacks punch. Brett likes the horizon, though. I'm a little more partial to the road, but it just lacks color. In my opinion the background makes or breaks pages and in this case I don't want to settle; I want something that really enhances the pictures. And I don't know if either of these are it.

Another thought I've been toying with is using the road for the background on some pages and then when I get to the pictures from the parks, doing some kind of background with each individual park icon :shrug:.

Please help!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Oh and I forgot to add... I'm journaling for this one!! Some of you might be so proud :D. I realized the book wouldn't be complete without the story. I'm basically just pulling sections from my trip report. So... what are your thoughts on the "stationary" theme carried throughout the pages? Also, I'm worried about it's size and how easy it will be to read.

I'm going to drive myself crazy proofreading this thing when I'm done!

Disneyfalcon

They look great so far!

When I'm trying to keep cohesion, I use different papers from the same line, so they're all the same basic colors.

Now for digital, I'm not sure how that would really apply. I will say that this album will naturally have some cohesion since you'll be wearing the same thing on every page.

I really like the colors of the horizon background!

So, I'm not much help!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom