Photoshop CS3 Layouts

Disneyfalcon

Those are super cute snowflake frames!! I love it when the clothes we're wearing match the colors I want to use.

I think for our next Disney trip everyone's going to have to wear red, yellow or black!

mouselvrmom

Those are super cute snowflake frames!! I love it when the clothes we're wearing match the colors I want to use.

I think for our next Disney trip everyone's going to have to wear red, yellow or black!

:ROFLOL:That would work out nicely for your layouts! Too bad you can't make the characters do the same!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Not pleased with this design at all (any suggestions?)...I'll probably revisit it later:
Main_St_USA_layout.jpg

mouselvrmom

Hmm, maybe if you just switched around the pictures a little. Maybe you could put your picture of your sign more in the middle instead of on the right side. idk, just a thought.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
The first layout of our holiday resort tour. Not enough content to make individual layouts (with the exception of Grand Floridian, which I already made and posted):
Contemp_Poly_Layout.jpg

Coree

I love the resort pages. Splitting your background so each side is specific to the resort and yet blend together so nicely is beautiful.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks! I've found that the blend technique I use on Photoshop is actually easier to perfect and simpler to perform than a lot of the other affects I use, and I thought it would be perfect for the resort tour, since I didn't have enough unique pictures for each resort to have their own page (we went in mid-late Nov. and sadly, the resorts only had some of their decorations out...AK, which is actually the "sixth" resort in our "days of Christmas" scroll, had none of their decorations out, causing us to waste an hour plus in transportation on the last day). I took the photos for the backgrounds of the mural at the Contemporary (took multiple photos, actually, then blended them together) and the Christmas tree at Beach Club (another instance of me getting really close to things and taking pictures...I wonder how many people who saw me doing this thought I was crazy?).

Here is the "travel" page:
Christmas_Travel_layout2.jpg

peters

Not pleased with this design at all (any suggestions?)...I'll probably revisit it later:
Main_St_USA_layout.jpg

If you're looking for suggestions on this one, I would get rid of the duck pic(the jacket is the first thing the eye is drawn to) & maybe crop the ceiling out of the barbershop quartet pic. I feel a bit like a dolt giving you ideas since you are clearly very talented at this! I believe I read you're studying to be a lawyer, but I think these layouts are proof you would also be a talented graphic artist. Very impressive pages!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
If you're looking for suggestions on this one, I would get rid of the duck pic(the jacket is the first thing the eye is drawn to) & maybe crop the ceiling out of the barbershop quartet pic. I feel a bit like a dolt giving you ideas since you are clearly very talented at this! I believe I read you're studying to be a lawyer, but I think these layouts are proof you would also be a talented graphic artist. Very impressive pages!

Thanks for the flattering compliment! I am in law school, but I work IT for a university (although it's more of an administrative position, I do very little that involves graphic design), if that means anything? :shrug:

As for this layout, I could probably crop the picture of the ducks so less of the coat shows. The problem with totally eliminating it is that I don't have many Main Street pictures (definitely not making this mistake next trip. There's plenty on Main St. to photograph) besides the ones I use in other layouts of us with the Roy statute. As for cropping the ceiling with the Barbershop quartet, I can't do that, because it crops out the instrument-thing (I am musically inept...I'm sure that's a common instrument, yet I don't know the name of it), too. However, I could put a logo in that area, since both that picture and the Main St. Trolley picture have a lot of empty space at their meeting point. I don't like the Main St. logo I made, so it's back to the drawing board on that, too. Too much wrong with this to correct now, I will have to come back at it with a fresh perspective in a couple of days.

But you offered some helpful suggestions that I will definitely incorporate, thanks very much!

eagles

using those suggestions, instead of cropping, use the free transform tool, and change perspective, make it thin on the one end and work your way to the larger end, where you would still have those instruments showing.

also, if you are afraid of not having enough to fill in blank space. how about making several layers of one photo, stack them on top of each other, just move each one slightly around. it will look like you have several photos stacked on top of each other.
sort of like a deck of cards pushed over.

clear as mud right?

sorry, just a thought.

i like the duck photo, but i agree with you, perhaps cropping out a little more of the jacket, or even making the background a bit blurry, keep the ducks in focus.

again, just some ideas.

but overall i like the photos, the one thing i would consider changing would be the cut out of the baby care center. to me it throws the photos off.

again, sorry, just trying to help and give other ideas.

mouselvrmom

I love your magical express page. It' s so fun. We always make sure to take travel pics of us, too. I think sometimes people focus on the trip so much and forget about the how we got there.

I love the countdown on the fridge pic and the pic on magical express where figment is in the background. Very cute!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
using those suggestions, instead of cropping, use the free transform tool, and change perspective, make it thin on the one end and work your way to the larger end, where you would still have those instruments showing.

also, if you are afraid of not having enough to fill in blank space. how about making several layers of one photo, stack them on top of each other, just move each one slightly around. it will look like you have several photos stacked on top of each other.
sort of like a deck of cards pushed over.

clear as mud right?

sorry, just a thought.

i like the duck photo, but i agree with you, perhaps cropping out a little more of the jacket, or even making the background a bit blurry, keep the ducks in focus.

again, just some ideas.

but overall i like the photos, the one thing i would consider changing would be the cut out of the baby care center. to me it throws the photos off.

again, sorry, just trying to help and give other ideas.

Eagles, THANK YOU! I love the 'layer of images' idea, and will definitely be using it on at least one of my layouts (I will try it here first, but I definitely want to make sure to incorporate it somewhere). I probably won't do the free transform just because I don't like to distort pictures like that. Just my personal style, thanks for the suggestion though.

Also, please don't apologize for critiquing my pages. Especially when I asked for the critique! (Even if I hadn't asked, I love receiving constructive input). I've only been doing this a few months...you all have far more experience than me, and I love to learn new things or look at my work from a different perspective. Please, if you ever think anything about one of my pages is amiss, tell me. The worst I can do is fail to heed the advice. I won't be offended, trust me. :wave:

I love your magical express page. It' s so fun. We always make sure to take travel pics of us, too. I think sometimes people focus on the trip so much and forget about the how we got there.

I love the countdown on the fridge pic and the pic on magical express where figment is in the background. Very cute!

We had to do something to pass the time. Since we have a thirty minute drive to the train station, two hours worth of train rides, and usually four or five hours at the airports and in the air (starting all of this at 3:45 a.m., mind you) we need to do something to have fun. My travel layout from last trip was a major disappointment, but I like this one much better, too. Thanks!

Here are the Port Orleans layouts. I had so much I could have scanned in for these, but I scanned in a lot for the Saratoga layouts from the summer, and I figured since they'll be in the same book, I didn't want to "copy" the style, I like these, nonetheless:
Port_Orleans1_Layout.jpg

Port_Orleans2_Layout.jpg

...I think I'll peruse some Photoshop tutorials and learn a new trick today. I haven't incorporated anything "new" into the layouts in a while...I don't want them to get stale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom