Photoshop CS3 Layouts

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks! I guess I stitched them, although that implies more work than I did. One of the rare simple-to-use tools in Photoshop is "auto-align layers", which stitches and distorts based on perspective. Then I clicked "auto-blend layers" which gets the colors correct between the layers. After that, I cropped the pictures so they didn't have weird jolting edges. All told, it took me like 15 seconds to make those.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
It's a little different in CS3 (under the "layer" menu). Let me know if you need any assistance finding it!

Here is my Dinoland, USA layout. It took a while to make, but mostly because I was tinkering around with things and lost a lot of work when Photoshop "performed an illegal operation" and had to close in the middle of my work. Twice. Lesson learned: save progress often.

Dinoland_USA_Layout.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
This is supposed to be luggage with stickers on it. It might be hard to tell that that is what it's supposed to be, but I still think it looks cool.

Epcot_Christmas_WS_1.jpg

Disneyfalcon

That's great Figment. I think it looks like luggage but if you could put two luggage straps behind the pictures, it would look even more like luggage.

k.hunter30

The luggage page is great! I at first thought they were postcards, but I can see that they're stickers since they're "peeling" off on some edges. I think it's a great effect! Well done.

Does the Chinese one really say something...?

Uponastar

Figment, as always, I am so in awe of you!
Your pages are amazing!
I agree that luggage straps would help you get the look you're going for on the sticker page.
And on the Main Street page...I think the two things that help give all your pages a special look are missing...picture framing and the unique backgrounds you always do so well.
Certainly, I'm not criticizing. Your pages are awesome!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm glad you all like the two pages from yesterday! I can't (well, I could) add luggage straps under the stickers because the straps should be above the stickers, if anywhere, and I think the page is bordering on cluttered as it is (not to mention, making straps would be very difficult via photoshop). Since the only setting people will be seeing this book in is me showing it to them, I can simply tell them the concept as I flip through. But that is a good idea of how I could establish that it's luggage!!!

The Chinese one says "China" in some weird "oriental-like" font I found online.

Here's the first layout of today--Tomorrowland:
Tomorrowland_Christmas_layout.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
These two layouts took me a while to make--not because they're good or have time-intensive techniques or anything, but because I was dead-set on getting this background. It's from my 1982 EPCOT Center book, and it takes up two pages in the book. So after I scanned in each page in high res., I had to go back and paint over the seam in the middle of the book. I didn't do a great job at it, but it still took a while. Hopefully you can't notice too much!

Epcot_Christmas_FW_2.jpg

Epcot_Christmas_FW_1.jpg

mouselvrmom

I can't see the seam at all, well maybe I can kind of guess where it is, but it is not noticeable. I like how the background is alittle bit busier so you made the frames simpler, just a solid color. It looks really nice. Where did you get that neat epcot logo?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Thanks! It was on a shirt for sale at Epcot. Like so many other times that trip, I got really close to it and took a picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom