Photo TR: Dan Smith's Birthday Bash Stunt Spectacular 2/11 - 2/17

"How soon hath Time, the subtle thief of youth,
Stolen on his wing my eighteenth year!"

Well, it's time for another WDW photo TR, straight from my twisted mind to your desktop. Brace yourselves for all of the joyfulness that is sure to be experienced by all Disney fans, and also purveyors of shameless puns and that's-what-she-said jokes.

For 18 years I've made it a point to let my parents know that I'm the only family member who hasn't celebrated their birthday at Disney; February just wasn't a convenient time for me to be born, apparently. So, as calculated and intentional corporate luck would have it, Disney decided to give me a free pass for my 18th birthday this year. Besides my awesome day at the Magic Kingdom on the 12th, I was at Epcot for Valentine's Day, and in between I took a campus tour at (my official new place of residence as of August) Florida Tech, which is like more awesome than Lord Vader driving in a Delorean playing "Don't Stop Me Now" with a nuclear explosion in the background.

Let's see you figure THAT one out, Einstein.

So, without further delay and slightly more entertaining blocks of text, I present my Floridian travels.

Day 1: A Fool And His Childhood Are Soon Parted

In case you were wondering (and I‘m sure you were), I share my birthday with Mr. Stovepipe down there. My 18th was his 200th. (I was also born in Lincoln Hospital in Lincoln, Ontario. Seriously. Surprised I wasn't named Abe.)

IMG_0105.jpg

All you Losties out there can imagine how wary I was of my seat number...

IMG_0108.jpg

Tunes all set.

IMG_0109.jpg

The shot that no other traveller has.

IMG_0115.jpg

For all those Tampa Airport POV enthusiasts of which I'm certain exist out there...

IMG_0116.jpg

"Welcome to Tampa, where the local time is... DAMN you, Dali!"

IMG_0119.jpg

Good. It's good to know I've arrived. Thought I was having an out-of-body experience. (13 minutes early, too.)

IMG_0121.jpg

No one ever travels to see the Leaning Tower of St. Pete...

IMG_0123.jpg

Canadian pirates unite!

"And it's a heave-ho, hi-ho, comin' down the plains,
Stealin' wheat 'n barley 'n all the other grains!
And it's a ho-hey, hi-hey, farmers bar yer doors,
When ya see the Jolly Roger on Regina's mighty shores!"

IMG_0129.jpg

1. I finally escaped 15-below weather.
2. It's actually really freakin' windy up there.
3. I asked for raspberry lemonade but instead they gave me raspberry iced tea, which wasn't that bad anyway.
4. That photo looks nothing like me.

IMG_0132.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Okay, Dan. First of all, Happy Birthday.

It only took me a few moments to figure out that this was THE Dan, the one who will make me double up laughing at the comments. My soon-to-be 13 year old (only a few more days... :lookaroun) sat with me, read along, and had some good laughs with me. Just think, your report is like a family bonding experience! WooHooooo!!!!

Your sister's birthday card totally rocks! The ones that are made, not bought, are my favorites too. After seeing all your BTM pics it's easy to see how thoughtful she was to include your favorite attraction in your card. Tell her she got some shout-outs from us! :wave:

Can't wait to read more!

DormaNesbit

Happy Birthday for a second time because I believe I wished you that in the chit chat section. Great trip report too! My I'll be 18 in Sept. son loves BTM too! Looking forward to more installments!:wave:

Nicole220

Finally! The TR I've been waiting for! :sohappy:

I also had my first-ever gelato, and it was on the house! (Metaphorically. If it was on the roof it’d still be worth the climb though.)

IMG_0228.jpg
You've never had gelato?!
The stuff is to die for.
It looks delicious! :slurp:

Part II will come tomorrow or the next day, so go do something... eat... sleep... go outside... I really don't care. But be prepared to interrupt all three when Part II is posted!
I love you...and your TRs. :lol:

More! Please.

dandaman

Original Poster
It only took me a few moments to figure out that this was THE Dan, the one who will make me double up laughing at the comments. My soon-to-be 13 year old (only a few more days... :lookaroun) sat with me, read along, and had some good laughs with me. Just think, your report is like a family bonding experience! WooHooooo!!!!

Your sister's birthday card totally rocks! The ones that are made, not bought, are my favorites too. After seeing all your BTM pics it's easy to see how thoughtful she was to include your favorite attraction in your card. Tell her she got some shout-outs from us!

I never thought my blatant innuendo could be considered a family bonding experience... :lookaroun :p

And I'll be sure to tell her!

Forget that.

Says the OSU student. :lookaroun

I love you...and your TRs. :lol:

I'm beginning to suspect you just love me for my TR's. :drevil:

Part II coming soon, so break out the midday popcorn and enjoy!

dandaman

Original Poster
Part II… the time for being productive is over, get back here!

*ahem*

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID:

IMG_0285.jpg

The following will be presented in Briarvision 2-D.

IMG_0290.jpg

This is about one second before the water cannons decided to break my camera for an hour, though about 15 minutes AFTER it got wet in the first place... it really ISN'T a Dan-friendly water ride!

IMG_0292.jpg

I've always liked the word 'elixir'...

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Drop shot fail

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Celebrate Disney concert music! ("Hidden" Mickeys in the corner, too.)

IMG_0308.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
I'd never seen the flag-raising ceremony; it was a nice surprise. (And my camera went from out-of-commission to beautiful photos in one shot.)

IMG_0309.jpg

I love me some instrumental bands.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Flag starting to be lowered by a member of the Army.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Aaaaaand back to music!

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

#3 Roger E. Broggie goes so fast, it's a blur. Yep. Nothing whatsoever to do with my unsteady hand.

IMG_0329.jpg

Hot logo action!

IMG_0331.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
No trains in one shot AGAIN! I'm just that good.

IMG_0334.jpg

Celebrate Walt references!

(This is what Mickey would look like if he watched Matlock and yelled at kids to get off his cartoon lawn.)

IMG_0335.jpg

...All right, fine. Here's ONE decent shot of myself that I'll post, but that's ALL you'll... oh, right, the gelato.

IMG_0337.jpg

If this is what people are comparing Disneyland Paris' castle grounds to... I really wanna visit Disneyland Paris!

IMG_0344.jpg

Cinderella Castle... THROUGH THE HEDGES!

IMG_0347.jpg

A lot more castle pics to come shortly.

IMG_0351.jpg

Instant nighttime, just add Michael Bay!

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Celebrate the Rapture!

IMG_0383.jpg

...Oh, wait, it's just Pegasus escaping from the APOCALYPSE CAROUSEL!

IMG_0384.jpg

Poor Sir Topham Hatt. All they found after the meltdown was his namesake.

IMG_0385.jpg

"Now which four of you are gonna be responsible for the end of the world?"

IMG_0394.jpg

Holy schnikies! Whatever Dumbo's on, STAY AWAY from it!

IMG_0396.jpg

“...All right, who's the wiseass who put a Delorean on the Speedway?”

IMG_0399.jpg

The D.S.B.B.S.S. proudly presents Wishes! in glorious Blur-O-Vision 3000.

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Best castle shot I could get with a flat surface.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Only two months 'till Earth Day, people! Get recycling or else Captain Planet will kill you in your sleep!

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

I saw two whole people in Tomorrowland about 15 minutes after Wishes... if you want some good night shots I recommend sticking around a bit.

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Classical reference moment

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

One final Main Street Station-based shot for good measure.

IMG_0541.jpg

So overall a pretty awesome birthday... crowds were kinda thick but all the great CM's and surprises were more than enough to make my 18th the best one yet.

IMG_0549.jpg

More action from Epcot later, but tomorrow, a sidetrip to my future campus, Florida Tech! (I *ahem* GREATLY appreciate any and all comments!)

Aw, Danny, great TR! All the hilarious commentary aside, your pics are (as always) wonderful and really really really make me want to be there so bad. I was going to show this TR to Em, but am afraid it might put her in a tailspin...she's already talking every day about how much she misses Disney.

Great job! :sohappy:

Nicole220

Gah. I wasn't able to stop what I was doing to come and read the latest.
My appologies.

Another great segment, Dan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom