Photo TR: Dan Smith's Birthday Bash Stunt Spectacular 2/11 - 2/17

"How soon hath Time, the subtle thief of youth,
Stolen on his wing my eighteenth year!"

Well, it's time for another WDW photo TR, straight from my twisted mind to your desktop. Brace yourselves for all of the joyfulness that is sure to be experienced by all Disney fans, and also purveyors of shameless puns and that's-what-she-said jokes.

For 18 years I've made it a point to let my parents know that I'm the only family member who hasn't celebrated their birthday at Disney; February just wasn't a convenient time for me to be born, apparently. So, as calculated and intentional corporate luck would have it, Disney decided to give me a free pass for my 18th birthday this year. Besides my awesome day at the Magic Kingdom on the 12th, I was at Epcot for Valentine's Day, and in between I took a campus tour at (my official new place of residence as of August) Florida Tech, which is like more awesome than Lord Vader driving in a Delorean playing "Don't Stop Me Now" with a nuclear explosion in the background.

Let's see you figure THAT one out, Einstein.

So, without further delay and slightly more entertaining blocks of text, I present my Floridian travels.

Day 1: A Fool And His Childhood Are Soon Parted

In case you were wondering (and I‘m sure you were), I share my birthday with Mr. Stovepipe down there. My 18th was his 200th. (I was also born in Lincoln Hospital in Lincoln, Ontario. Seriously. Surprised I wasn't named Abe.)

IMG_0105.jpg

All you Losties out there can imagine how wary I was of my seat number...

IMG_0108.jpg

Tunes all set.

IMG_0109.jpg

The shot that no other traveller has.

IMG_0115.jpg

For all those Tampa Airport POV enthusiasts of which I'm certain exist out there...

IMG_0116.jpg

"Welcome to Tampa, where the local time is... DAMN you, Dali!"

IMG_0119.jpg

Good. It's good to know I've arrived. Thought I was having an out-of-body experience. (13 minutes early, too.)

IMG_0121.jpg

No one ever travels to see the Leaning Tower of St. Pete...

IMG_0123.jpg

Canadian pirates unite!

"And it's a heave-ho, hi-ho, comin' down the plains,
Stealin' wheat 'n barley 'n all the other grains!
And it's a ho-hey, hi-hey, farmers bar yer doors,
When ya see the Jolly Roger on Regina's mighty shores!"

IMG_0129.jpg

1. I finally escaped 15-below weather.
2. It's actually really freakin' windy up there.
3. I asked for raspberry lemonade but instead they gave me raspberry iced tea, which wasn't that bad anyway.
4. That photo looks nothing like me.

IMG_0132.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
As I took that picture, I actually wondered if I'd inadvertently captured some of the higher-ups in action. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom