Photo TR: Dan Smith's Birthday Bash Stunt Spectacular 2/11 - 2/17

"How soon hath Time, the subtle thief of youth,
Stolen on his wing my eighteenth year!"

Well, it's time for another WDW photo TR, straight from my twisted mind to your desktop. Brace yourselves for all of the joyfulness that is sure to be experienced by all Disney fans, and also purveyors of shameless puns and that's-what-she-said jokes.

For 18 years I've made it a point to let my parents know that I'm the only family member who hasn't celebrated their birthday at Disney; February just wasn't a convenient time for me to be born, apparently. So, as calculated and intentional corporate luck would have it, Disney decided to give me a free pass for my 18th birthday this year. Besides my awesome day at the Magic Kingdom on the 12th, I was at Epcot for Valentine's Day, and in between I took a campus tour at (my official new place of residence as of August) Florida Tech, which is like more awesome than Lord Vader driving in a Delorean playing "Don't Stop Me Now" with a nuclear explosion in the background.

Let's see you figure THAT one out, Einstein.

So, without further delay and slightly more entertaining blocks of text, I present my Floridian travels.

Day 1: A Fool And His Childhood Are Soon Parted

In case you were wondering (and I‘m sure you were), I share my birthday with Mr. Stovepipe down there. My 18th was his 200th. (I was also born in Lincoln Hospital in Lincoln, Ontario. Seriously. Surprised I wasn't named Abe.)

IMG_0105.jpg

All you Losties out there can imagine how wary I was of my seat number...

IMG_0108.jpg

Tunes all set.

IMG_0109.jpg

The shot that no other traveller has.

IMG_0115.jpg

For all those Tampa Airport POV enthusiasts of which I'm certain exist out there...

IMG_0116.jpg

"Welcome to Tampa, where the local time is... DAMN you, Dali!"

IMG_0119.jpg

Good. It's good to know I've arrived. Thought I was having an out-of-body experience. (13 minutes early, too.)

IMG_0121.jpg

No one ever travels to see the Leaning Tower of St. Pete...

IMG_0123.jpg

Canadian pirates unite!

"And it's a heave-ho, hi-ho, comin' down the plains,
Stealin' wheat 'n barley 'n all the other grains!
And it's a ho-hey, hi-hey, farmers bar yer doors,
When ya see the Jolly Roger on Regina's mighty shores!"

IMG_0129.jpg

1. I finally escaped 15-below weather.
2. It's actually really freakin' windy up there.
3. I asked for raspberry lemonade but instead they gave me raspberry iced tea, which wasn't that bad anyway.
4. That photo looks nothing like me.

IMG_0132.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
^The guy with the earpiece? No idea. :drevil:

Day 4: …And Not A Moment Too Soon

I think it’s become an unintentional tradition of my TR’s that I promise at least one segment for a given day, and follow up on it 3 or more days too late. Anyway…

Celebrate dedication plaques!

IMG_0578.jpg

I'm REALLY glad they didn't touch the mural during the rehab. Now we need a more dramatic Patrick Stewart-narrated script and we're good. (Descent? What descent?)

IMG_0581.jpg

I don't think SSE gets the concept of hide-and-go-seek.

IMG_0582.jpg

Couple o' flower pics

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Favourite shot of the trip!

IMG_0596.jpg

It's always nighttime in Mexico. Always.

IMG_0600.jpg

Needs more Kung Fu Panda.

IMG_0603.jpg

Celebrate more live instrumental bands!

IMG_0631.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
IMG_0634.jpg

Blatant Mickey sighting!

IMG_0636.jpg

No joke, the American Adventure is my favourite attraction in the entire park.

IMG_0637.jpg

This is exactly what Florida Tech looks like on a launch day. Yep.

IMG_0639.jpg

Yeah, I know it's the same as a picture I took last August (shameless plug #1) but I still like it.

IMG_0641.jpg

If they sold SSE balloons I would so buy one. Or a dozen and sell them to other fanboys for extortionate prices. (Yet still lower than "Disney retail price".)

IMG_0643.jpg

Celebrate 16x optical zoom!

IMG_0644.jpg

France: World-renowned for its theatres, wineries, and white balance.

IMG_0645.jpg

Speaking of balance... I liked this mostly for the Michael Giacchino Ratatouille background music.

IMG_0650.jpg

You don't mind if I put this in here, do you? Thanks, you're all right.

IMG_0652.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
The French always make their cheeses even more authentic by adding hidden Mickeys.

(Is it pathetic to see someone photographing their cheese? I've been around coaster enthusiasts a long time so I can't tell anymore.)

IMG_0654.jpg

Da-da-da-da, da-daaaaa... BAAAAAARGE!

IMG_0660.jpg

Brought to you by NASA, Rice-A-Roni and Lieutenant Dan.

IMG_0674.jpg

Gary Sinise: Space Pirate

IMG_0666.jpg

[eyebrowraise]“Prepare to be boarded.” [/eyebrowraise]

IMG_0668.jpg

“Dreams are to lovers, as wine is to friends:
Carried through lifetimes, and spilled now and then…”

IMG_0677.jpg

Went to ESPN Club to get a foot-long hot dog. Usually you have to go to Castro Street for that. (I’m so, so sorry.)

IMG_0679.jpg

This section is brought to you by Transition lenses.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Canada: Dark six months out of the year. Frozen beyond all reason the other six.

IMG_0689.jpg

Whatever amount of bright signs you show me, I still want my World of Motion back.

IMG_0693.jpg

More Mission: Sinise.

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Celebrate 11,324 Alucobond triangles!

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

Little-known fact: All Mark IV monorails come equipped with tractor beams.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

And that's all he wrote from Epcot. There's a few more various ones I'll post tomorrow, but if you're a Disney fan (unlikely…), I cordially invite you to stop reading now. If you were ever reading before. Damn.

Any comments still appreciated, even if they're bad!

PotteryGal

Loved it!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Man, if I had had a college campus like that to walk around on, I might've gotten a degree in something. :lookaroun

sweetpee_1993

Still lovin' it, Dan! Keep it rollin'!

And is it me or is Gary Sinise's hairline in the M:S preshow totally scary? I swear, if I actually watch him on the screens I can't look away from the hairline. It's just....odd...I can't explain it! I know. Shut up. It's just me. I'm weird. Right?!

dandaman

Original Poster
...More or less ending with a whimper instead of a bang. Not as much viewership than what the August one got, but I appreciate any and all of you who did manage to come in here and post comments and all that jazz!

San Francisco is of course widely known for their chocolate…

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

AT&Squawk: More bars in more places.

IMG_0725.jpg

Tasty, tasty plastic.

IMG_0726.jpg

My first-ever Disney ride back in the day. Presumably that day being around early May 1994.

IMG_0729.jpg

These guys were from Thunder Bay, Ontario. As you can see, they are performing a traditional Canadian dance which we stole from the clutches of Hungary like 100 years ago.

IMG_0731.jpg

Passing by the freakin' HUGE Florida State Fair and not going > listening to Celine Dion for over five seconds. (Heck, she could spend those five seconds on one note and still not be halfway-done.)

IMG_0733.jpg

That's all, folks! *Looney Tunes fade-wipe*

IMG_0735.jpg

...Damn. Still here. Anyway, like I said, I wholeheartedly thank all of you who've been traipsing through this (and possibly other) TR's full of crude humour and nearly-impossible pop-culture references. 'Till next time, honorary D.S.B.B.S.S. members!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
These guys were from Thunder Bay, Ontario. As you can see, they are performing a traditional Canadian dance which we stole from the clutches of Hungary like 100 years ago.

IMG_0731.jpg

Nice outfits Dan. Is that what you wear to a Canadian dance?

:lookaroun:lol:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
You should have asked the dude sharing the same outfit with a picture. Im sure he would have been cool with it.

dandaman

Original Poster
I'd talked with him for maybe a minute at most, but it totally slipped my mind. (P.S. He's already posted at the top of the last page. :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom