People who "think" they know Disney ....

dixiegirl

Original Poster
So once again it happened last nite....
While at a party hubby and I like radar started listening to a couple who went on and on about Disney (more so they wife) How their going down soon , could'nt understand about liberty not be able to accomodate them on a certain nite because the park was closing early , then I proceeded to fill her in on liberty tree and the character dining comeing to an end in the new year ....Yeah she looked at me like I had a couple of heads...then went on and on about her up coming trip...Then talking about DVC (which we're members of).....Yeah more on and on......
After a while I just said nothing and took it all in as did the hubby......Later on we get in the car and hubby looks at me and said " Hate it when people "think" they know alot about Disney and really don't", .....This all started when a good friend of the family had witnessed both hubby and I and our rendition of " The trolley song" a few years back (and yes the first time we sang it for her we were sober....not so much the second though)...Well she wanted us to break out in song again for her....Which that in turn started the conversation about disney ,in the first place...the couple that seemed to "know it all" gave another" huh" look not having a clue what we were talking about....
So do anyof you encounter this? people seeming to know everything about Disney??? Yes I know hubby and I don't know everything, But I'm pretty proud of all we do know some useless some usefull ....Which by the way the knowledge does grow daily!

Anyone else?

CAPTAIN HOOK

There are always people who think they know - and its usually better to leave well alone and let them wallow in their own ignorance

Alexx

Yeah theres always people who think they know more than everyone else but in actual fact they're just ignorant idiots:lol:

Figment82

I love walking around the parks listening to people give their supposed "knowledge." I once heard a guy adamantly state that the monorails were solar powered, and how wonderful that was. Really? That's news to me! :lol:

They provide great entertainment, even if you do have to fight that urge to correct them!

EPCOT Explorer

I love walking around the parks listening to people give their supposed "knowledge." I once heard a guy adamantly state that the monorails were solar powered, and how wonderful that was. Really? That's news to me! :lol:

They provide great entertainment, even if you do have to fight that urge to correct them!

Haha,yeah,it's always fun to hear someone spout off information of Fast Track and how it was a part of EPCOT Central back in the '70's.:lol:
:lookaroun

C&D

I always relegate myself that someone somewhere knows something more that I do on every subject; that's just life. If you reread your original post, you do kind of come off a little pious yourself; just saying it sounded that way to me. No offense intended.

TAKitty

We were on ME going to BCV this winter and there was a conference going on and a lot of people were staying at YC. The man behind us was telling this younger woman whom he was sitting with all about his many trips to Disney World. He told her that you could get to all the parks via the monorail. I just laughed to myself.

Montyboy

I always relegate myself that someone somewhere knows something more that I do on every subject; that's just life. If you reread your original post, you do kind of come off a little pious yourself; just saying it sounded that way to me. No offense intended.

I had trouble reading it the first time.

Some people see Disney as a vacation spot and still manage to have a great time.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I just mainly come across people who think its just for kids, and people who do not think it can be the most romantic place in the least.

ArnyVee

I just mainly come across people who think its just for kids, and people who do not think it can be the most romantic place in the least.

Same here.

As a matter of fact, I've had a very tough time trying to get the in-laws to go to a trip. They think that it's just for kids and that they'll be bored and they will do entirely too much walking and...well, you've heard all of the excuses.

silverboyd

i hate when people think The Magic Kingdom is WDW. They dont understand that the entire "world" is made up of all that it is. I'll say, "We just got back from WDW"...and someone will ask..."How was Universal Studios?" It drives me nuts

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Is it just me or is it amazing the amount of negativity growing around here lately?? Just asked a simple question, never said I know everything, I'm constanly learning something new.....Did'nt mean to come off like that if I did....:brick:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is it just me or is it amazing the amount of negativity growing around here lately?? Just asked a simple question, never said I know everything, I'm constantly learning something new.....Didn't mean to come off like that if I did....:brick:

It's not just you, however the negativity is quite cyclical around here. It seems to breed then die off, as if there had been a giant shot of penicillin.

MrsHam

Whilst waiting at DTD check in for our Virgin flight home Thanksgiving 2006, we listened to one proud Dad telling everyone that would listen that he was staying in DTD because MK was only open until 12 midday and so there wouldn't be any point going there! Yes midday :brick: I wish we could remember some of the other jewels he came out with :brick:

Wilt Dasney

Is it just me or is it amazing the amount of negativity growing around here lately??
I think you're just seeing some honest reactions to your post. You do say at the end that your family doesn't know everything, but only after noting several times how the other woman went "on and on" about the topic (seeming to imply that she was clueless and wasting her breath).

Only you know what your real feelings are, but the way you describe other people when it comes to Disney often comes off as derogatory and sneering (to me anyway). I don't think pointing that out just boils down to negativity. Different people just see things differently sometimes. Obviously a lot of people here see things the way you do...and a lot of us don't. It's all good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom