People are so ignorant...

Jekyll Baker

ca
HennieBogan1966 said:
I think sometimes we mistake people being uninformed about situations as being stupid, or ignorant. Personally I think those are pretty harsh terms to use when describing people, and can do nothing but breed bad things on a board like this.

Just remember:
Ignorance is curable - Stupidity isn't.

TheBig2er

I think the most ignorant people are the morons like yourselves who actually get worked up about this stuff. You act like freaks when someone says something wrong. perhaps you should ge tout of the house more. I am sure you have all made mistakes before. I know I have, most recently reading these moronic posts.

wannabeBelle

not a particularly nice posting. If you dont want to read about what we consider to be pretty funny, please dont read the post. These boards are frequented by people who are HUGE fans of Disney, this is ignorant to us. I had to chuckle at several of the things people have said ( I thought the one about the oceanview while sitting at the dock was hilarious) If this posting doesnt bring a smile to your face, please feel free to unsubscribe and ignore it in the future. Belle

tnemgif

I know how you feel but don't get too grumpy about it. It gets more annoying when a person acts like a know it all. That's happened to me before.

tnemgif

and while I'm at it...just stop putting other people down and fighting! That is one thing I hate about these forums. People fight way too much! Just calm down. :animwink:

Fido

pooh071567 said:
It drives me crazy that people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World...they have no idea there is so much more.

When I first started going in the 70's, MK WAS the only park! :lol:
There should be no excuse now, though. A lot of people that aren't big park fans tend to jumble all of the parks together in their minds. It is a little insulting when someone compares Six Flags to WDW, but sometimes it can't be helped. :hurl:

CaptainMichael

Today in Advanced Math people were discussing Grad Nite. One kid was going on and on about Alien Encounter, telling people that it is a must do...I sat there shaking my head saying,"it's Stitch now!" to myself. I love when people talk about Walt Disney World, it makes me feel so much smarter!

Chase24

Fido said:
When I first started going in the 70's, MK WAS the only park! :lol:
There should be no excuse now, though. A lot of people that aren't big park fans tend to jumble all of the parks together in their minds. It is a little insulting when someone compares Six Flags to WDW, but sometimes it can't be helped. :hurl:

But we have an excuse (79,81):D. I still find myself refering to WDW as the Magic Kingom and then bring the rest of the parks into any discussion. Maybe it is just the memory (going away) or I have given up trying to change.

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It's funny how the people who are always complaining on how things should be kept positive are the one who are always trying to turn threads into a huge fight. This was supposed to be a fun thread, but "certain individuals" just can't help themselves but to be the wet blanket. Hypocrites....:rolleyes:
BTW: Ignorant means uninformed not STUPID! It doesn't always mean a negative thing :wave: *

Coaster3001

The best example I had of ignorance was when I was working at the Studios in merchandise. I was at the porch location of La Prop and a family stopped in front of the store with a puzzled look gazing towards The Hat. Suddenly a member of the family said, "What did they do with the giant golf ball"? I had to stop myself from bursting out into laughter.:lol:

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Original Poster
amylynn9281 said:
YES the room keys do work that way. we just got back in december. you can still use your room keys for passes to the parks.
Our room keys were our "tickets" as well when I was there in August.

Kadee

Halfling418 said:
Yeah! As I posted earlier, one of the movies that people confuse with Disney is Anastasia--which is Fox.

My history teacher said the exact same thing.

I personally think that it's an amazing movie, with great songs.

But yes, it isn't Disney. Everyone likes to blame things on Disney.

Anyways, I wouldn't call it "distorting history". As in movies like Pocahontas and Mulan, they were basing the movie off the legend, not straight historical fact. Legends constantly are twisted and changed. I never, even when I was a child, thought the story of Pocahontas went like it did in the movie. That's what school was for. The movie is about entertainment, art, and the themes and lessons you retain, not to mention the magic.

And....if they actually showed the REAL story of Pocahontas (and all teh others), no one would want to go see it or take their kids to it.

pluto77

I used to be a CP at Casey's Corner and one time this person came in with this huge cup from universal (it was actually a water bottle thing, it was like 2 feet tall) and they wanted me to fill it up with pop for them, for free. I tried explaining that Universal is owned by a different company, but she didn't get it and eventually just walked away.

EpcotGrl

Kadee said:
And....if they actually showed the REAL story of Pocahontas (and all teh others), no one would want to go see it or take their kids to it.

What a marketing feat that would be: "Pocahantas eventually married some other guy, not John Smith. Then she died. Dreams really do come true!" :lol:

Ringo8n24

Halfling418 said:
and movies people refuse to believe are Disney:
--Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and many other Touchtone--hello! Touchtone is Disney!
--some people still don't know Pirates is Disney...
--The Nightmare Before Christmas (I had to explain to a few that Tim Burton was a former Disney animator, made up the poem that inspired the movie while he was still working at Disney, came back, checked to see if Disney stilll had the rights to the poem and the idea, Disney did, so he struck a deal and they were off and running with the film)

Did anyone mention "Bridget Jones" being a Disney movie? I love those movies!!!

Brooke

RedBaron said:
Brooke said:
"I've also seen a bunch of people who think that they can use their Disney resort room key to get into the theme parks."

Actually the last time I was there (what seems like 1 thousand years ago) when we stayed at the WDW resorts our room key was also the park ticket and charge card all in one. I guess that has changed now?? :wave:

But the people I was talking about thought that if you bought a room at a Disney hotel you automatically got into the theme parks for free!! The CM had to explain to them that they had to buy tickets to get into the park and they got all mad.

mwc1996

My wife and kids went with my parents last November. On the plane ride to Orlando my Step Father asked why we bought tickets for 5 days. He thought we could do Magic Kingdom for a day and Epcot for a day. He was planning all kinds of other things to do during our week there. I told him he could do what he wanted but my wife and kids would be going to Animal Kingdom and MGM as well as the other 2 parks. He then told me that our tickets wouldn't work there because they weren't Disney parks and I just wasted a bunch of money. :hammer: The really funny thing is I planned every little detail of the trip and told him how much he owed me. If he thought it was a waste of money why would he just write me a large check without asking any questions. He was still telling me that the tickets wouldn't work when we walked up to AK on our 3rd day there. :brick: When he saw Mickey, Goofy, Chip, and Dale greeting everyone at the front gate he realized what an idiot he was. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom