Park Pet Peeves

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
your too right merf, it would also be nice for me to let people that couldnt plan better in front of me to see the parade that they waited till the last minute to see. but i sat there for an hour or more and they get whats left

Which brings up this point...

OK, since I'm 6'5" , should I let everyone in front of me to see the parade even though I've been saving my spot for two hours. Should I be separated from my family by twenty or more people just because they are shorter than I? Am I a bad person for being up front?

Fun2BFree

OK, since I'm 6'5" , should I let everyone in front of me to see the parade even though I've been saving my spot for two hours. Should I be separated from my family by twenty or more people just because they are shorter than I? Am I a bad person for being up front?

Officially, parade viewing space is first-come first-serve, and so there's no problem with you being up front. After all, you spent valuable park time staking out a spot whilst others played. But morally, I would allow small children in front to see the parades better (after all, they aren't gonna block your view at 6'5") but not the parents. It doesn't matter how much a Good Samaritan one is, because you have to value your families' park experience over some rude family that demand prime treatment after showing up late. :shrug:

Tink in Pink

OK LIKE I AM SUPPOSED TO SAY GEE !!! WOW !!! GOOFY LET ME GET YOUR PICTURE AUTOGRAPH !!!!!

Come off it my imagination is as good as anybody else or I would not go to Walt Disney World in the first place but the characters are for kids.

What annoys me is adults that go up to these Disney Cast Members dressed in a Goofy suit and make a total spectacle of themselves and double that when they are not acting for their kids.

What also annoys me is when these characters know you do not want to play lets pretend and annoy you when you are trying to relax.
So basically, your pet peeve is adults getting in touch with their inner child? Disney is for kids and kids at heart. I'm sorry if you dont enjoy that, but almost everyone else does.

joanna71985

OK LIKE I AM SUPPOSED TO SAY GEE !!! WOW !!! GOOFY LET ME GET YOUR PICTURE AUTOGRAPH !!!!!

Come off it my imagination is as good as anybody else or I would not go to Walt Disney World in the first place but the characters are for kids.

What annoys me is adults that go up to these Disney Cast Members dressed in a Goofy suit and make a total of themselves and double that when they are not acting for their kids.

What also annoys me is when these characters know you do not want to play lets pretend and annoy you when you are trying to relax.

That is not true. The characters are there for everyone. That includes adults. I know plenty of adults who love meeting the characters.

dsnyfreak

ok heres the pet peeve of all pet peeves!!!
ok people let's keep up with the people in front of you so we all can have a chance to ride!!!! :fork:stop goofing off and pay attention!!!!!!!!!:brick::mad:

vorlex

Last visit I was so put off by people talking on cellphones at every darn opportunity that I actually researched cell phone signal killers. Their not too expesnisve either. Next visit theres going to be a lot of dropped calls!

On the flipside, I felt that strollers and ECV's were very well behaved compared to earlier trips.

I couldn't agree more. The cell phone use has gone way beyond emergency use or keeping in touch with family in the park.

I found the people pushing strollers to be very annoying a few weeks ago, just horrible in fact.

vorlex

-Children that are allowed to climb all over queue props and misbehave whilst their parents just stand there.
-People that sing a ride's song whilst still on it: IASW is the worst offender. I want to hear the attraction's ambiance, not some moron behind me.
-People that don't move all the way to the end of a row. Can't you follow rules?
-Elitists that look down on smokers with a 'holier than thou' attitude. Contrary to some people's opinions, most smokers are responsible, obey the rules and smoke where they're allowed. Despite the fact I don't smoke, I just feel that smokers seem to be the new 'hate' group, now that it's considered un-PC to insult other religions, races, creeds or colours.
-Cheerleaders. I admire their energy, but some of them cannot shut up. Ever.

Ooh, it's so nice to let all this negativity out! :D

This may be the best posting ever on this website, I would add,
parents who bring kids who are way too small and young to remember anything about the trip at all, but I guess if you think they deserve it at sixteen months old then by god you must fullfill your parental duties.

smk

I have two, people who stop and chat in groups in the middle of a crowded walkway, like the bridge by SP in MK and large groups who MUST walk side by side or hold hands and walk as a family (wide, not long like a train). Nothing wrong with chatting and hand holding, I like both, just step to the side of a walkway and make a train thru a crowd.

Mr.EPCOT

I always seem to end up with the family in line behind me who doesn't care how many times their kid(s) bump into me.

Yeah, the flash photography on attractions is supremely annoying, I've told off my fair share of offenders.

And, I know it's silly, but people that call the Magic Kingdom "Disney World." You're in Disney World, braincase!

sissa216

Officially, parade viewing space is first-come first-serve, and so there's no problem with you being up front. After all, you spent valuable park time staking out a spot whilst others played. But morally, I would allow small children in front to see the parades better (after all, they aren't gonna block your view at 6'5") but not the parents. It doesn't matter how much a Good Samaritan one is, because you have to value your families' park experience over some rude family that demand prime treatment after showing up late. :shrug:

I think that translates to the busses as well; wouldn't the seats (wheelchair situations aside) be considered first come/first serve?
But I also don't see the logic in waiting for the next bus just to get a seat; you can either stand at the busstop, or stand on the bus; either way you're standing. In the meantime, if you wait for the next one, you're wasting vacation time.
I have to say though, I don't have children (I have 8 younger siblings, down through age 3), and people always offer their seats to me when I'm carrying a (often sleeping) younger sister. Sometimes, I've had multiple people on the same bus offer a seat! And it is always a complete surprise for me. I would never ever expect somebody to give up their seat for that reason. (If I had an obvious physical reason or handicap, then I may be a little more expecting, since I would always give up my seat for another, but I would still be surprised if people did give up their seats)

Parents who bring kids who are way too small and young to remember anything about the trip at all, but I guess if you think they deserve it at sixteen months old then by god you must fullfill your parental duties.

Ok, I never respond to this complaint, and it's silly for me to do so now,
But why why why? How can that be a pet peeve of anyone's?
HOW does it effect you if somebody has a child you feel is too young?
I mean, isn't that the same as saying something like
"he can't afford it, he shouldn't be here"
"she's pregnant, she shouldn't be here"
"she's too old, how can she possibly enjoy it"
"their english isn't good enough, why are they here"
"he's blind, he can't even see the castle! that bothers me!"
"oh my goodness, they're from Kansas, who do they think they are showing up in MY theme park?"
"crocs? She's wearing CROCS? I demand for her to change her attire right now, or my vacation is ruined"
..."OH WELL. If you feel you NEED to be here, then by god, you must fulfill your ****** duties"

:brick:

EPCOT.nut

And, I know it's silly, but people that call the Magic Kingdom "Disney World." You're in Disney World, braincase!

I do that! :king: And I do it on accident! I said it on the monorail Tuesday. We were going to EPCOT to eat and then back to MK and I said, "When we get back to Disney I want to..."

:lol:

I think people that get annoyed at that are weird!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

yankspy

This may be the best posting ever on this website, I would add,
parents who bring kids who are way too small and young to remember anything about the trip at all, but I guess if you think they deserve it at sixteen months old then by god you must fullfill your parental duties.

You are assuming that the parents are there strictly for the kids to enjoy it. I for one will not deprive myself of disney for five or so years when I have children just because they may not remember it. :lol:

aj_steig

I understand your pain...I too am usually the guy that stands and offers my seat up. I was one of the first to board a bus back to the YC after a very long day at the MK. The bus seats were configured so that the passengers were seated facing front, none of the seats faced the aisle like the bus we rode to the park that morning. I had a window seat, my wife took the aisle seat and we each took one of our kids on our laps. In a matter of seconds the bus was filled to capacity, with people standing jammed in the aisles. I never saw a bus so packed, I was really suprised, I used to ride the CTA when I worked in Chicago everyday. I looked around and saw several people standing that could better use my seat, because afterall I am "able-bodied." When I looked around at my situation we were packed in like sardines. In order to give up my seat, I would of had to ask my kid to get off my lap, ask my wife to have our other kid get off her lap so she could stand to let me out, and put two kids on her lap or ask my other kid to stand with me. There was no room to do any of this. Just for my wife to stand she would have bumped into the people pushing up against her where she was sitting. After surveying the looks on my family's faces, being so bushed after such a long day, balanced against the glowering looks I was getting from the standees, I sided with my family, I couldn't put them through such an excercise. I felt bad for the standees, like I said I always give my seat up. I hope I wasn't judged too harshly for my brief moment of selfishness. My advice for those needing a seat would be to get in line sooner so you can get your choice of seat or hang back for the next bus.

I would have done the same thing. When you're packed in so closely like that, it would be quite difficult to move around and would take up more time(when really, you just want to get back to your resort as quickly as possible, right?)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You are assuming that the parents are there strictly for the kids to enjoy it. I for one will not deprive myself of disney for five or so years when I have children just because they may not remember it. :lol:
Not only that, whether your child remembers the place or the characters, seeing their parents enjoying life and having fun does remain indelibly with them. Life's best lessons are absorbed by children watching their parents before they can comprehend or remember specifics.

alilance

This is a quandray for me.

99 out of a 100 times I will offer my seat to someone (I am a young (37) able bodied man)

However, there have been times when I am just beat. I really want to sit.

I have waited for a standing room only bus to leave so I could get a seat on the next bus. Then I got the hairy eyeball.

So, as a able bodied young man, when is it ever proper for me to sit down. Do I let the queue run pass untill there are no more women and children?

I understand your point, and as I said, 99/100 I let people sit. In fact, I rarely sit on a bus, because they are never empty. I have sat with both of my children stacked on my lap though :)

-dave
I'm an abled body young women and ALWAYS let someone older or a parent with a young child sit down on the bus while I stand. Unfortunately on my last trip my mother, who has cancer (who refused to use a wheelchair - unless totally necessary) was on the bus and NO ONE gave up their seat for her on the bus (a couple of times)! It is quite obvious that she might be sick since she is bald and looks quite frail! It suprised me and made me a little sad too!:(

elizs77

THANK YOU!!! Why should we not only deprive ourselves Disney, but why should we feel like we must deprive our five year old just because we have an infant daughter?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom