Park Pet Peeves

aj_steig

On the flipside of this peeve (even though that bothers me too) is people that don't acknowledge when you do something nice. (ie: hold a door, give up a bus seat etc...) Just walk past or look at you like they deserve nothing less than the treatment you've given them. Or the non-acknowledgement of saying excuse me if I am the offender. Maybe it's just me.:confused:

I know what you mean! Not just at WDW, but anywhere out in public. I was out somewhere a few months ago, and young child (maybe 4?) had the courtesy to hold the door open for me. I thought it was the CUTEST thing! I figure if a small child knows how to show some manners, certainly adults can do the same ;)

EPCOT.nut

Poople who don't bathe!:hurl:

I know!!! Tuesday in the long, winding queue for SSE I was stuck behind a man who did not wear deodorant! He was European, well dressed and well groomed....but he was a stinky man. A very stinky man. The wind kept shifting and blowing in my direction and I was down-wind. What's the deal with that? :confused:

amandagibbins

I know!!! Tuesday in the long, winding queue for SSE I was stuck behind a man who did not wear deodorant! He was European, well dressed and well groomed....but he was a stinky man. A very stinky man. The wind kept shifting and blowing in my direction and I was down-wind. What's the deal with that? :confused:
it a shame you didnt have any deodorant on you , you could have given him a quick spritz!!! there is no need to whiff like that:confused:

Phonedave

Ooooo

Pet peeves. I have one, and it's not just at WDW, it's anywhere.

It's people who just don't seem to be aware of their surroundings, and act as if they are the only people there.

Examples? Sure

Grocery store, the people who park their cart sideways across the asile while they go off and compare prices. - try moving your cart to the side.

WDW, the people who look at a map smack in the middle of a walkway. How about you and your group step to the side.

Driving, peoplw who double park for 20 minutes while their passanger goes and runs errands. Find a spot or circle the block

I know, its nothing big, and I don't get worked up over it. I just amazes at times how people can be so blatantly oblivious to others around them.

-dave

EPCOT.nut

it a shame you didnt have any deodorant on you , you could have given him a quick spritz!!! there is no need to whiff like that:confused:

Yeah - it's just not something I usually carry in the parks. It was a real shame that he was so stinky, because he looked like he had money and was dressed very nicely. He even had nice legs. :lol:

Phonedave

Me and my wife and son always stand up and let the older people and mothers with little ones have our seats. I know I am shocked at how many men actually don't do this though. :shrug: The only time I usually sit down is if the bus isn't full and most of the women and older people have seats already.

This is a quandray for me.

99 out of a 100 times I will offer my seat to someone (I am a young (37) able bodied man)

However, there have been times when I am just beat. I really want to sit.

I have waited for a standing room only bus to leave so I could get a seat on the next bus. Then I got the hairy eyeball.

So, as a able bodied young man, when is it ever proper for me to sit down. Do I let the queue run pass untill there are no more women and children?

I understand your point, and as I said, 99/100 I let people sit. In fact, I rarely sit on a bus, because they are never empty. I have sat with both of my children stacked on my lap though :)

-dave

ChrisQ

I can't stand those families who will have one or two people get in line, and then the rest of the family waits until they are near the head of the line. So the family members push past hundreds of people who have been patiently waiting in line so they can "catch up" with the rest of their family. :brick:

EPCOT.nut

99 out of a 100 times I will offer my seat to someone (I am a young (37) able bodied man)

I have waited for a standing room only bus to leave so I could get a seat on the next bus. Then I got the hairy eyeball.

So, as a able bodied young man, when is it ever proper for me to sit down. Do I let the queue run pass untill there are no more women and children?

I understand your point, and as I said, 99/100 I let people sit. In fact, I rarely sit on a bus, because they are never empty. I have sat with both of my children stacked on my lap though :)

-dave

I know! So many times I have been first at the gate for the monorail out and really wanting to sit because my feet hurt and there are people with kids and I know they need to sit, too, but DANG!

ChrisQ

And then another time about 3 yrs ago, I was separated from my family on the bus. I was all the way in the back. This lady was taking sooooooooo long to get her stuff together to get off the bus. Her daughter was standing right in the walk way and no one wanted to go around her. So the kid moved over to the side and I went around and the mother yelled at me. She told me that I could wait. And I told her that my family was already gone and she said I'm sure they will wait. I said oh really? Do I know you? And she said no and I said then you don't know what my family will do and no they won't wait. We don't get to come once a month like you. She was telling someone next to her that she gets to go to WDW several times a month. Trust me, if we could go several times a month we would:D Of course at the end of the night she was on our bus back to the resort. And she recognized me and moved really slow to get on the bus. She took forever breaking down her stroller and picking up her stuff. She looked at me and smiled. I kept my cool then. I was so proud of myself!!:)

People can be so ugly, can't they?

JustPlainBill

-dave
I understand your pain...I too am usually the guy that stands and offers my seat up. I was one of the first to board a bus back to the YC after a very long day at the MK. The bus seats were configured so that the passengers were seated facing front, none of the seats faced the aisle like the bus we rode to the park that morning. I had a window seat, my wife took the aisle seat and we each took one of our kids on our laps. In a matter of seconds the bus was filled to capacity, with people standing jammed in the aisles. I never saw a bus so packed, I was really suprised, I used to ride the CTA when I worked in Chicago everyday. I looked around and saw several people standing that could better use my seat, because afterall I am "able-bodied." When I looked around at my situation we were packed in like sardines. In order to give up my seat, I would of had to ask my kid to get off my lap, ask my wife to have our other kid get off her lap so she could stand to let me out, and put two kids on her lap or ask my other kid to stand with me. There was no room to do any of this. Just for my wife to stand she would have bumped into the people pushing up against her where she was sitting. After surveying the looks on my family's faces, being so bushed after such a long day, balanced against the glowering looks I was getting from the standees, I sided with my family, I couldn't put them through such an excercise. I felt bad for the standees, like I said I always give my seat up. I hope I wasn't judged too harshly for my brief moment of selfishness. My advice for those needing a seat would be to get in line sooner so you can get your choice of seat or hang back for the next bus.

Montyboy

-dave

I hate getting the hairy eyeball!

MouseMadness

I've been on a bus that crowded once. I had 2 of my girls with me, and we had to stand, which was fine, but my oldest daughter gets kinda funny if she hasn't eaten, and I didn't realize how long it had been, and she started passing out on me on the bus :eek: We were headed to Epcot, so we got off, with me literally carrying her (and she is not a little girl) and I laid her on a bench while I went and grabbed a grape soda to get her blood sugar up enough to wake her up and get her to the restaurant. :eek: That was a very bad bus experience, but it was nobody's fault. :shrug: (Maybe mine :lol: :eek: )

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I know! So many times I have been first at the gate for the monorail out and really wanting to sit because my feet hurt and there are people with kids and I know they need to sit, too, but DANG!

Ya'll are way too nice. If people want to sit they can wait. The bus has X number of seats, if they get on once those seats are taken and then remain on despite those seats being filled, that is their choice, not your responsibility. They were in vastly more danger of bodily harm getting to WDW then they'll be in riding a WDW bus standing up should they choose to do so.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Ya'll are way too nice. If people want to sit they can wait. The bus has X number of seats, if they get on once those seats are taken and then remain on despite those seats being filled, that is their choice, not your responsibility. They were in vastly more danger of bodily harm getting to WDW then they'll be in riding a WDW bus standing up should they choose to do so.
Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

(((HUGS)))

Fun2BFree

Completely right! If there are no places to sit, you can't expect or force someone to give up their seat, and if no one does, that doesn't make them a bad person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom