Park Pet Peeves

bayoumoon

My peeve is people who forget the simple words---please, thank you, excuse me.........small words that go such a long way.

I found them missing from my first trip to the world. I was shocked, but it's not stopping me from going back:ROFLOL:

sissa216

:lol: Ok, didn't mean to cause debate! I should say, crossing fingers and sending up a prayer that all goes well and I DO have a six month old next spring break. :eek: :) I'm about 7 weeks pregnant right now. There, all clarified. :lol: Child #5 :eek:

Congrats by the way! I thought you meant this year, not next, and that's what I was trying to point out. If it makes sense, I thought you were trying to sneak in a trip this year, and I was wondering if you meant to write that instead, that's why I was laughing.
Because (as silly as it is), even though I re-typed what you said, in my mind I replaced "6 months" with "new", haha. I was wondering how someone could know they were having a baby 12 months from now :hammer:

joanna71985

:eek:

I'm fourth of four... If I'd been 21st of 21 I'd be very skinny! :lol:

Yeah, it's a long story. But the short version is that my grandmother's father was married twice. His first wife had 10 kids, then died. So he went back to Italy (where they were from) and married his second wife (my grandmother's mother). She had the remaining kids. My grandmother is one of the youngest in the family.

And I am the second-oldest of the 8 kids in my family.

EPCOT.nut

Yeah, I'm probably going to the Adventurer's Club meet (Kungaloosh!), and I'm definitely going to Animal Kingdom's 10th!

Don't worry, if you get too offensive, I'll trick you onto Stitch's Great Escape and jam your shoulder harness into place. :p

:sohappy: See you at both of those events!

I will try to keep myself in line - but I see you have thought of appropriate disciplinary action!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I just wanted to ask if anybody had any specific pet peeves at the parks when they visit.

Of course, as always when someone asks this sort of question, it's because they wanna tell you THEIRS, so here's mine:

Definitely, absolutely, the worst... the one that ruins it for me? HAS TO BE talking during some sort of important part of a rides show.

Best example is probably Haunted Mansion.

"Our tour begins here in this gallery..."

Random tourist:"Jessie...JESSIE! Stop it! Hey, when are the Big Thunder fastpasses for? Are we gonna eat lunch after this. Susie, stop scaring your brother!"

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! FRIGGIN' SHHHHHHH!!!! The ghost host is talking...

...and I'd be lying if I said it'd be better if they lowered their voices. Nope. It'd be better if they sat their in awe of the stretching room! Hey, that's why it's a peeve folks.

AMEN! People talking ticks me off worse than anything there. It destroys the effect and often times, one has to wait in line again to redo the experience!
AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!:brick:

EPCOT.nut

What about Cheerleaders?

I was in line for DHS today at about 12:30 and it took FOREVER to get through the ticket-scanners. It seems they need to post diagrams and do rehearsals for these girls next year.....

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
What about Cheerleaders?

I was in line for DHS today at about 12:30 and it took FOREVER to get through the ticket-scanners. It seems they need to post diagrams and do rehearsals for these girls next year.....

Too funny! A friend from work has a daughter in the cheer-leading thing this weekend. She called me yesterday to ask me if Disney had the finger scan at the turnstiles. I still am not entirely clear on why she wanted to know that, but obviously there were a whole lot of 'em trying to get in!!

EPCOT.nut

Too funny! A friend from work has a daughter in the cheer-leading thing this weekend. She called me yesterday to ask me if Disney had the finger scan at the turnstiles. I still am not entirely clear on why she wanted to know that, but obviously there were a whole lot of 'em trying to get in!!

When we were standing in line, a group of them got a little way behind us and did a cheer together..I turned to Tom and said "I owe you more than just dinner tonight, huh?" and he just nodded and smiled. :lol:

sissa216

We got along just fine without them when I was a kid. Those people can wait for the length of a ride to talk to their loved ones.

True, but things do happen. Just because we got along with them before, doesn't mean that we don't have use for them now.

Hammer1310

I have a sick family member who is in and out of the hospital monthly. How would my family be able to reach me when I'm at the parks for 13 hours today and Dad gets taken to the hospital again?

I don't use my cell phone on rides. If I get a call while on a ride, I check it when I'm off the ride. I don't walk blindly around the park wandering into people while chatting, I find a spot to park my butt and have my conversation (usually in a smoke spot so I can kill two birds with one stone).

1. I think most of us only have a problem with people on rides or attractions using phones. 5 minutes won't make a difference.

2. If you are as considerate as you claim then I doubt anyone here was talking about you anyway.
:D

Hammer1310

True, but things do happen. Just because we got along with them before, doesn't mean that we don't have use for them now.

I have several uses for them, I love tech. I just think in general people should be more considerate and follow rules.

...even if they have to be forced.
:animwink:

iKat

Don't go to Disneyland Paris -- you might get into a fistfight. There must be something different about continental Europe in terms of lines. On my last trip to DP (solo), I actually heard a Spanish family behind me talking to each other, out in the open, about how to get around "the American" in front of them. The father was actually directing the kids to try to coordinate movement to get in front of me. I finally turned around and said "Hablo espanol" ("I speak Spanish"). He was at least quiet in his schemeing until we got on the ride. Incredibly, virtually the same thing happened to me later in the day, only this time the family was French...and I don't speak enough French to talk back.

I went when it was still Eurodisney in like '97... I always tell people that it's the saddest place on Earth.
We were on POTC, and the people in the boat behind us starting screaming "Stupid Americanos!" and splashing us! (We weren't doing anything to provoke this). More stuff like that happened throughout the trip... it was horrible - I thought maybe a few years later it would change, and that kinda saddens me to hear it hasn't - we also had a big problem with the amount of people that decided they could cut us off in line... oi...

sissa216

I have several uses for them, I love tech. I just think in general people should be more considerate and follow rules.

...even if they have to be forced.
:animwink:

Oh I totally agree. I just think people are completely generalizing and saying all cell phone usage should be banned, when its probably just a few rude people who are causing the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom