Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Crockett

Banned
Hats off to our troops and our president. May God bless them all and keep them safe.

This is truely a day to celebrate! Cheers. :sohappy::sohappy:

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
i3izw2yu.jpg

Love this! Lets hope the world can start to heal now!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whilst I agree this isn`t WDW specific, the revenge that has been threatened should Bin Laden be killed could impact tourist plans all over again should it happen.

The Mom

Premium Member
I moved this to chit chat, not to minimize the news, but in tribute to the 9-11 thread, which was posted here originally.

I opened Chit Chat that day to read the most horrible thing posted here, and it is only fitting that others who posted in 2001 will get a chance to click on Chit Chat to see the best news in a long, long time. I'm saddened that Tramp did not live to see this day - I know that old former Marine would have tears in his eyes again, but of happiness and pride.

DABIGCHEEZ

This is wrong to move this to the CHIT-CHAT forum. This great news needs to remain in the most viewed threads. It should be spread in every thread! It is an insult to all those who have fought and are fighting for us everyday and especially to those who died on that horrible day, to have it buried in a slightly viewed forum.

Wrong move WDWMAGIC! :mad:

Jimmy Thick

Fantastic news!!!

The only thing I wish was I could have put the bullet in his head myself.

Never forget our fallen Brothers and Sisters, you have been avenged!!!

Jimmy Thick- Proud to be an American!!! Proud to be a Marine!!!

Lucky

I'm glad we finally accomplished this. Personally I'm not in a celebratory mood, because it brings back memories of the thousands of people he killed, including a friend of mine on the plane that hit the Pentagon.

[I agree with the mods that this belongs under "General Chat & Non-WDW Discussion."]

The Mom

Premium Member
This is wrong to move this to the CHIT-CHAT forum. This great news needs to remain in the most viewed threads. It should be spread in every thread! It is an insult to all those who have fought and are fighting for us everyday and especially to those who died on that horrible day, to have it buried in a slightly viewed forum.

Wrong move WDWMAGIC! :mad:

If you look over in the right hand column, you will see that Chit Chat actually has more posts, so it gets just as much "traffic."

Also, members have different ways of reviewing posts. After I check the Moderators section, I use the New Posts option, as do many other forum members when they log on. So, as long as people are posting, the thread will be on the top, or close to it, on that list. A large number of "older" posters check Chit Chat and News and Rumors first.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Prince gets married, there's a new beautiful Princess, and the bad guy is dead! This is turning out to be a real Disney weekend!

But thats what he gets for registering his Playstation.

The Mom

Premium Member
Anyone have any celebratory stories to share?

When I was driving this morning, I spotted a jogger running along holding an American flag aloft.

sweetpee_1993

First & foremost, lemme just say that I come from a military family. I stand behind our troops, those who serve not for money or glory but for honor and love of country. I'm as hot-blooded an American girl as any could be.

That said, although I'm glad to know we finally popped this evil human being and took him out for good, I'm sorta embarrassed that it took nearly 10 years to do it. I praise our leaders for their perseverance. I do. I just can't help but feel that politics & red tape made it take a lot longer than it ever should have. The war on terrorism will never be over because for every radical leader they take out there will be 2 more willing to step up & continue. Killing Bin Laden was a great thing. It'll cause his group to disorganized a while or maybe fall apart. There are so many others. I wish it was possible to eliminate them all. And even with Bin Laden on his eternal adventure in hell, it'll never undo what was done, bring back what was lost, heal the hurt he inflicted, or return the innocence he stole.

Sorry. Don't mean to be the downer. I'm glad he's dead. Don't think it's something that will fix this country. Don't really feel the urge to run out & celebrate. I dunno. Balance the budget. Preserve our freedoms. Secure our borders. Eliminate the trade deficit. Make our nation the strong beacon of freedom where we can have faith in our leaders. That's when I'll celebrate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom