Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Clever Name

fct_9ef91b26b9764f0.jpg

I can tell you that just like 9/11, these pins will sell out at WDW! :wave:

The Mom

Premium Member
I have to shake my head and roll my eyes at this one. The only conclusion I get is you were never in the military.

Jimmy Thick-Some people just don't understand...

This sort of response is why political discussions are not allowed. Instead of simply restating your opinion, in response to a politely stated counter opinion, you responded rudely.

The Mom

Premium Member
Again, if the posts get too heated, this will be closed - which is NOT what I wish to do. Please try to respond to others in a respectful manner, even if you do not agree.

I'll put the scalpel away for now; I know people's feelings are running high today.

Tater48

Thanks, Mom.
Thank you to all members of our armed forces who have and are serving in our Military, and a special hats off to the members of "Seal Team 6", although they don't technically exist. Great job guys.

Jimmy Thick

This sort of response is why political discussions are not allowed. Instead of simply restating your opinion, in response to a politely stated counter opinion, you responded rudely.

It was not rude at all. It was my feeling about being a Marine on the front lines and have actually seeing combat. That being said, I have seen war and terrorism first hand, and have seen violence I would not wish others to see, and because of that, I have no respect for terrorists. No one should.

The individual replying to my posts opinion gave me an impression of being a civilian responding to things from a civilian point of view, to which that is there right, but my opinion differs from an unfortunate hardened perspective.

Its easy to "label" things, but quite difficult to truly understand. That being said, I wash my hands of this subject, its too personal.

Jimmy Thick-Whats that honking...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I couldn't quite express myself in an appropriate way, so I'll borrow someone else's words:

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”

Crockett

Banned
Okay everyone, so how did YOU hear the glorious news yesterday? This question is inspired by images of fans attending a Mets/Phillies baseball game in Philadelphia last night. There were images of fans all across the stadium checking cell phones, i-phones, texting, etc and cheering for joy as the word spread. Players, fans, coaches...everyone soon knew the historical event that took place. Then the place erupted with chants of: U.S.A, over & over again. This gave me goosebumps just seeing these images replayed on TV. How I would have loved to have been there at that moment.

God bless baseball...it has truely been there for America during good times & bad. Love the sport or hate it..it is our national pastime!

So, back to the question. How did you learn of USB's death? Was it simply watching TV at the right moment? For me, I had gotten off work and was about to turn in for the night. I wasn't really planning on watching any more TV for the evening. Then my little sister sent me a text message: "bin laden is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (< verbatim, even with the 16 "!"'s) Needless to say, on the TV went, and I was too excited to sleep for the majority of the night. :)

A certain current president once said: "There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America." Seeing the happiness and unity brought on the day after...I couldn't agree more. We put down our divisions, didn't give a hang what side we were on politically, and celebrated like hell. I wish more days felt like today, and didn't require extreme historical events to cause us to unify the way we were in the past 24-hrs.

Either way, this one's for the victims and their families. A major debt to society has been repaid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom