Only Lincoln will speak at HoP?

durangojim

I really don't understand the point of this discussion. From what I have heard Obama will be speaking and that is Disney's choice. And if they didn't have him speak it is their choice as well.

Obama is our president for the next 4 years, like it or not. Deal with it. I didn't like the president we had for the past 8 years but that doesn't mean that I thought he shouldn't be speaking at HoP.

Besides, haven't you ever heard that the 2 things you should never discuss are religion and politics?

I'm not sure what the problem is and I hope this thread doesn't get locked. Everyone is being civil, no one's calling each other names. Isn't this a great example how people can have differing legitimate opinions and still be bound by common ground whether it is a love for your country or a love for Disneyworld?

jt04

I'm not sure what the problem is and I hope this thread doesn't get locked. Everyone is being civil, no one's calling each other names. Isn't this a great example how people can have differing legitimate opinions and still be bound by common ground whether it is a love for your country or a love for Disneyworld?

Here here! Well said!

The Mom

Premium Member
Besides, haven't you ever heard that the 2 things you should never discuss are religion and politics?

How true. Let's stay on topic, or the thread will be locked. In case you forgot, it is whether or not President Obama's AA in the HoP will speak when it reopens after refurbishment, not whether it should.

SoccerMickey

So...let me get this straight...no one cared when Disney had a singing Carton of Milk but the current President of the United States say a few words spawened a whole series of political debate.....OK!

Captain Hank

On a completely different topic...any WDW historians recall how the addition of Gerald Ford's AA was handled? As it is now, they can plan to shut down the attraction for a refurb whenever a new president is elected. In 1974, Nixon resigned and Ford was president the next day. Was his AA added pretty quickly after Watergate?
Just squeezing in before this thread gets locked...does anyone know the answer to this? I'd be interested to hear how this was handled, especially considering Nixon's history with the Disney theme parks.

Animaniac93-98

*sigh* Where's captain Picard?

I got Yzma if you want.

Yzmafacepalm.jpg

miles1

So...let me get this straight...no one cared when Disney had a singing Carton of Milk but the current President of the United States say a few words spawened a whole series of political debate.....OK!

Well I certainly cared. Everyone knows you can't trust those damned milk cartons, especially the red ones! They're all on the take from major corporations and have their own agenda to turn us all into comunists! (They're almost all "red", aren't they?!?).

WDW1974

I really don't understand the point of this discussion. From what I have heard Obama will be speaking and that is Disney's choice. And if they didn't have him speak it is their choice as well.

Uhm ... I think you just stated the point of the discussion.

Besides, some people are slow. This is very old news and has been mentioned on this site many times in many threads ... yet some people will still choose not to believe it until they see it ... hell, even then they may choose to not believe it!

Obama is our president for the next 4 years, like it or not. Deal with it. I didn't like the president we had for the past 8 years but that doesn't mean that I thought he shouldn't be speaking at HoP.

So far, I like it. It's nice to have a President who can actually form sentences. I didn't like the prior man either, but again that may be because I can actually form sentences.

As to having the current Prez speak, I am not really in favor of it. I didn't like it when it was Clinton, I didn't like it when it was Bush and I doubt I'll like it when it is Obama. I don't like it because people can't behave in public anymore and this country seems like the North vs. the South all over again (when before the 2000 election did you ever hear so much about the red states and the blue states? I thought we were all states in the USA!) ... too many snickers and comments when Bubba got caught with Monica under the desk ... too many nasty exchanges between guests (yes, I've seen it) and derisive chants/hooting applause when 'W' was in there.

You'd think people could behave in public, but the reality is simple manners and decorum don't exist anymore. And people have very short fuses today.

Yeah ... because they are both very, very, very scary ...

So ...

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

yankspy

Uhm ... I think you just stated the point of the discussion.

Besides, some people are slow. This is very old news and has been mentioned on this site many times in many threads ... yet some people will still choose not to believe it until they see it ... hell, even then they may choose to not believe it!

So far, I like it. It's nice to have a President who can actually form sentences. I didn't like the prior man either, but again that may be because I can actually form sentences.

As to having the current Prez speak, I am not really in favor of it. I didn't like it when it was Clinton, I didn't like it when it was Bush and I doubt I'll like it when it is Obama. I don't like it because people can't behave in public anymore and this country seems like the North vs. the South all over again (when before the 2000 election did you ever hear so much about the red states and the blue states? I thought we were all states in the USA!) ... too many snickers and comments when Bubba got caught with Monica under the desk ... too many nasty exchanges between guests (yes, I've seen it) and derisive chants/hooting applause when 'W' was in there.

You'd think people could behave in public, but the reality is simple manners and decorum don't exist anymore. And people have very short fuses today.

Yeah ... because they are both very, very, very scary ...

So ...

~Pass the Pixie Dust~
Only if you take them seriously. :lookaroun

WildcatDen

It's nice to have a President who can actually form sentences.

So, that is your prerequisite? :ROFLOL:

I believe the new President should have a part in the attraction. I think Washington should speak and maybe Teddy R. plus the sitting president. It would be a good mix of time periods.

Now, just for the record, to form these sentences, I gathered some shreds of paper into my hands, breathed on them and said, "Let there be Sentences '. . .

Timmay

Only the following should have speaking parts. Rotate them in and out to change the attraction

George Washington
John Adams
Andrew Jackson
Abraham Lincoln
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Ronald Reagan

You got the top ten there, give or take 1 or 2...but you could change the attraction so they all get some face time here and there.

I don't think there is any need...ever...to have the sitting President speak. For what purpose?? As somone esle said, you want to see them so bad, turn on the 24 hour news channel of your choice. It has nothing to do with any persons political leaning...it just opens the door for too many idiots to ruin the attraction.

imagineer boy

I really do think the sitting president should speak. The fact that they have gotten the real voices of the presidents really shows Disney's quality.

Only the following should have speaking parts. Rotate them in and out to change the attraction

George Washington
John Adams
Andrew Jackson
Abraham Lincoln
Theodore Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Dwight Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Ronald Reagan

You got the top ten there, give or take 1 or 2...but you could change the attraction so they all get some face time here and there.

Ooh, I like that idea. Maybe for every show during the day, a different president could speak. You'd have the sitting president, then one of the above that you mentioned, and then Lincoln closes the show. It would add a ton of repeatability value for the show.

EpcotServo

I really do think the sitting president should speak. The fact that they have gotten the real voices of the presidents really shows Disney's quality.

Ooh, I like that idea. Maybe for every show during the day, a different president could speak. You'd have the sitting president, then one of the above that you mentioned, and then Lincoln closes the show. It would add a ton of repeatability value for the show.

Not to mention the Finale show, in which the Top 7 most popular Ex-Presidents as voted for in the day's preliminary "Hall of Presidents Experience" shows compete. The winner of the Finale Show will get the coveted "Golden Ticket" which earns that president's robotic likeness a seat in the Senate.

It's like the best Fastpass EVER!

jt04

I really hope the trend is to do this more and with modern programming and animatronics it should be possible with little more than a push of a button.

Some ideas I think would work.....

Tiki w/Stitch and the classic show
Haunted Mansion in normal mode and more intense night time mode :eek:
HoP with different Presedential speeches
CBJ Seasonal shows :)

and that is just MK

jt04

Not to mention the Finale show, in which the Top 7 most popular Ex-Presidents as voted for in the day's preliminary "Hall of Presidents Experience" shows compete. The winner of the Finale Show will get the coveted "Golden Ticket" which earns that president's robotic likeness a seat in the Senate.

It's like the best Fastpass EVER!

I think this is how they choose their Senators in Illinois.

kidding, all in fun :wave::ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom