Only Lincoln will speak at HoP?

haveyoumetmark

Now I see why they close these threads.
Kinda makes you feel like :fork: towards people you ordinarily wouldn't think twice about.
I think I better just leave this thread and not come back. Disturbs my radically liberal calm.:cool:

I could not agree more.

yankspy

Well, folks...we can debate economics, or we can keep the thread open. Personally I was enjoying the discussion of how different presidents have related to Disney over the years. :shrug:
Yes, there seem to be quite a few Adam Smith wanna-be's here.:lol:

Anyway, I personally think that any top ten list would have to include Jefferson. There is also another name for consideration, James K. Polk.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I understand that the current topic of this thread is both timely and important but it is really better suited to a political forum or if you choose through private messages. It would be appreciated if we could return to the original topic and its relation to WDW so this thread can remain open, if not it will have to be closed. We have no interest in moderating political discussions here, after all this is WDWMagic not "Meet the Press". Thanks!

bjunderwood

Definitely need TJ on that list, but don't know who I would remove. Maybe just make it a top 11 list?

Anyway, every other post in this thread by jt04 has made me laugh out loud. Great sense of humor...

jt04

Definitely need TJ on that list, but don't know who I would remove. Maybe just make it a top 11 list?

Anyway, every other post in this thread by jt04 has made me laugh out loud. Great sense of humor...

Hey, thank you very very much.:wave: I'm not always sure people "get it" when I make my comments. It's all in fun usually.

And TJ is a great choice imo.

Figment632

How advanced will Obama's AA be. When it first opened Lincoln standing up was break through technology. Will we see something like this now? Could the make him walk or something?

jhastings74

What I don't understand about the guests who 'boo' the completely non-human and unable-to-respond animatronics is why they would enter the attraction in the first place...do they realize that they are booing robots? :shrug:

sorry...it just doesnt' make that much sense to me and I had to get it off my chest. :wave:

yankspy

What I don't understand about the guests who 'boo' the completely non-human and unable-to-respond animatronics is why they would enter the attraction in the first place...do they realize that they are booing robots? :shrug:

sorry...it just doesnt' make that much sense to me and I had to get it off my chest. :wave:
True. However, there are a lot of things that people do that do not make much sense. Is it poor taste? yes. Does it surprise me, not at all.:)

Timmay

I like the idea and your list, though I would add Jefferson. If it had to stay at 10, I'd boot Adams.

I don't know about that, after watching the John Adams series on HBO I was really surprised how the majority of our government was formed by his ideas. I'd get rid of Jackson, Truman, or Eisenhower before Adams or any of the others.

I thought about getting rid of Truman or Eisenhower, too. I guess I'm a little sentimental toward both...Truman for de-segregating the Army, Eisenhower for his military-industrial complex warning that looks so prescient now...while Adams' actual presidency (as opposed to his life as a whole) seems like such a failure.

That is kinda' why I said give or take 1 or 2:animwink: It is all subjective.:D

DisneyDefenders

The applause is mightier than the boo

Those who champion America have always been and will always be bigger and better than her staunchest critics.

While I don't agree with all of his politics and I didn't vote for him, I for one will be drowning out any "boos" President Obama will receive with my applause, and I invite you all to do the same.

The person who occupies the Office of the President deserves our respect. It is in total respect for what our President stands for that I cheer on good policy and fight hard against erred policy.

With the inspiring words President Obama is known for, I'm sure his role in the Hall Of Presidents will remind everyone in the audience of the great principles the United States of America emodies, just as Bill Clinton's and George W. Bush's Hall Of Presidents role did.

durangojim

Those who champion America have always been and will always be bigger and better than her staunchest critics.

While I don't agree with all of his politics and I didn't vote for him, I for one will be drowning out any "boos" President Obama will receive with my applause, and I invite you all to do the same.

The person who occupies the Office of the President deserves our respect. It is in total respect for what our President stands for that I cheer on good policy and fight hard against erred policy.

With the inspiring words President Obama is known for, I'm sure his role in the Hall Of Presidents will remind everyone in the audience of the great principles the United States of America emodies, just as Bill Clinton's and George W. Bush's Hall Of Presidents role did.

Well said:sohappy:

awallaceunc

I'm happy the current presidential greeting will remain intact when the new show opens. I've always been very impressed that the President of the United States has it among his earliest duties to record a speech for Walt Disney World.

If anyone is interested, I discuss this topic on the newest episode of my podcast, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, which can be found on iTunes or my website.

-Aaron

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Thanks to all who answered my question. I didn't mean to start a firestorm.....should have known better since I'm from politically notorious Louisiana:lol: The thing I've always enjoyed about the HoP was that it wasn't about the politics; it was about how great America is. My students and I will just have to be satisfied with the American Adventure at Epcot next month. I love to show Rosie the Riveter to my girl students.

36 days until we are Orlando bound with 24 teenagers on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

jt04

Thanks to all who answered my question. I didn't mean to start a firestorm.....should have known better since I'm from politically notorious Louisiana:lol: The thing I've always enjoyed about the HoP was that it wasn't about the politics; it was about how great America is. My students and I will just have to be satisfied with the American Adventure at Epcot next month. I love to show Rosie the Riveter to my girl students.

36 days until we are Orlando bound with 24 teenagers on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

The "Rosie the Riveter" depiction should be an inspiration to all students shouldn't she? And everyone else for that matter.

Sorry, couldn't resist but it is true. :wave:

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
The "Rosie the Riveter" depiction should be an inspiration to all students shouldn't she? And everyone else for that matter.

Sorry, couldn't resist but it is true. :wave:
True, Rosie SHOULD be, but this isn't always the case. I teach at a school where we stop classes, have the newstation present, and hold a reception when a boy signs with LSU, but when one of our freshmen girls wrote an essay and beat out 1000s of other students in the state and, as a result, won a trip to DC to meet the President at the White House......she was "honored" with a cheap plaque by the school board.:brick: So, when the opportunity arises for me to show my rural, overlooked girl students examples of great women doing great things, I do. I encourage them to talk to the CMs in World Showcase, hoping they will see that there really is a world outside of their small parish.

"steps off soapbox"

34 more days until we are Orlando bound with 24 teenagers on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

jt04

True, Rosie SHOULD be, but this isn't always the case. I teach at a school where we stop classes, have the newstation present, and hold a reception when a boy signs with LSU, but when one of our freshmen girls wrote an essay and beat out 1000s of other students in the state and, as a result, won a trip to DC to meet the President at the White House......she was "honored" with a cheap plaque by the school board.:brick: So, when the opportunity arises for me to show my rural, overlooked girl students examples of great women doing great things, I do. I encourage them to talk to the CMs in World Showcase, hoping they will see that there really is a world outside of their small parish.

"steps off soapbox"

34 more days until we are Orlando bound with 24 teenagers on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

Well said! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom