Once Upon A Dream: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report!

FINALLY! We’re getting married... that’s right, I said married. After seven years of dating and 21 trips to Disney World together, the time has finally come. Oh dear, where do I even start? I’m constantly splattering our faces (and vacation stories) all over the internet so I never quite know how much detail to put at the beginning of a report, because it always feels so repetitive. I guess a little background on us is a must though, seeing as how this is a pre-marriage report and all. :D

We (Holly and Brett) met in 2004 working at one of the dive bars in our little college town. We probably worked together (flirting shamelessly) six months or so before we started dating. We weren’t together two months before Brett had my first trip to Disney planned and executed. For real. I vividly remember us hanging out at a friend’s house one afternoon when the subject of Disney came up. The conversation eventually moved to other territory, except for in our little corner of the room... Brett was downright shocked that I’d never been to Disney. He was like “Let’s go.” And I’m thinking, sure, what’s the harm in playing along with this little game, it’s not like we’re going to pick up and go tomorrow. A few days later he tells me he’s worked out all the details, and if I’m still up for it, we leave next week! Talk about sweeping a girl off her feet. :)

It was a short trip, and I mean short... only two nights. We took off after work one Friday night and were at Downtown Disney by lunchtime the next day. We stayed at Caribbean Beach and somehow managed to hit up all four parks and Blizzard Beach over the course of two and a half days. It was a whirlwind. Here are some pictures from that very first trip. Yes, I had to scan them in because they’re from the dark ages – April 2004 to be precise. High quality!

Apr04.jpg

Apr04007.jpg

Apr04004.jpg

Overall the trip was a screaming success. Of course it was, otherwise I don’t think we’d be where we are today. :lol:

There are a handful of moments from that first trip that are as clear as could be for me... one was running through the Magic Kingdom at night during a major downpour, laughing like crazy and holding Brett’s hand as he drug me from one awning to the next, not caring in the slightest that I was completely drenched from head to toe.

Another was dinner at Ohana. I fell in love. In love with the Polynesian. In love with the restaurant. In love with the food. In love with the fireworks outside the window. In love with Disney. In love with the guy across the table from me. What?!? :eek: Uh-oh. Wait. How’d that happen?! And how am I gonna keep him from noticing? After all we’d only been dating two months.

Another was ice cream on Main Street on our last afternoon, just before we had to leave and head back home. I was hit so hard by how much I didn’t want any of it to end. I still get the exact same feeling every single time we leave property to head home. I think I mention it quite a bit in my trip reports, but my love for Disney is completely and totally tangled up and intertwined with my love for Brett. Falling in love with them both at the same time can have that affect on a girl. :animwink:

For us, Disney is a place where our relationship shines. Simply put... it is us at our best. And as cheesy as it may sound I come away from every trip even more in love with this man than before. THIS is why we are getting married at Disney World... it’s always been a part of our narrative as a couple and it will always continue to be.

mrtyoung

Congratulations to you both. Im sure you have had a fantastic time over the past few days. I love all the little extra Disney touches that you created. Fab times guide!
We always enjoy your trip reports and are looking forward to reading all about your wedding celebration.

DisneyRed95

Congratulations!!! I thought about you guys on your special day! I also checked the forecast for Lake Buena Vista and it looked perfect!!! :) Can't wait to see your pictures!

mickeysshoes

I tossed you (by myself) while at dinner Friday night! Congrats and I hope all the time and planning made your special day and honeymoom even better than you dreamed!!! :sohappy:

corey154

I have some pictures I probably won't get to post for a few days b/c of some training at work, but I went out to the port and watched the Disney boat leave port with Brett and Holly on it! I made sure I got some pictures of the boat leaving port for them :) I can't wait to get a chance to upload the pics for everyone to see!

Septemberman

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations Holly and Brett,

I hope that your wedding was all that you dreamt it would be, and that your life together will be full with amazing magical moments.

Michael :D

DiPSU224

Haven't been able to log on, but was thinking of you on Friday!

I hope your day was as magical as you'd ever dreamed it would be. Many wishes for a lifetime of happiness! Hope you're have a blast on the honeymoon! :)

sweetpee_1993

I have some pictures I probably won't get to post for a few days b/c of some training at work, but I went out to the port and watched the Disney boat leave port with Brett and Holly on it! I made sure I got some pictures of the boat leaving port for them :) I can't wait to get a chance to upload the pics for everyone to see!

Oooh! Did they see you?! I'm so glad you made it to the port for their sail away! That's sooooo awesome!!!
:sohappy:

corey154

Oooh! Did they see you?! I'm so glad you made it to the port for their sail away! That's sooooo awesome!!!
:sohappy:

I have no idea if I seen them...lol. I couldn't make the people out, but I figured when she comes back she can tell us if they were on that side of the boat and where. I was so excited I made it out there. I had been in Tampa, literally I got back, told my family to load up and made it out there just in time. I'm going to try to get the pics uploaded today for you guys! :) Maybe I'm a dork, but I thought it'd be cool for them to have pics of them on the boat sailing out to sea for their honeymoon.

disneygirl1

Well by now you are married and enjoying your Disneymoon!!! I thought of you guys at least 100 times on Friday! Can not wait to hear all about it!

Dianarella

I joined from another site on the recommendation of another member just to read your trip reports.

Can't believe that the first one I found is your wedding report!

Congratulations on your Disney wedding and I wish you the very best for the years to come.

I'll read your other reports to hold me over until you come back here. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Again, Congratulations.

Brett

ZOMG! We're married!!

Thanks for all the love everyone! Holly will be on here tomorrow-ish, but until then we just want to say how much we appreciate the outpouring of support and well wishes!

And just to let you know, the wedding was spectacular! Can't wait to share it with you all.

MillerPoppins

ZOMG! We're married!!

Thanks for all the love everyone! Holly will be on here tomorrow-ish, but until then we just want to say how much we appreciate the outpouring of support and well wishes!

And just to let you know, the wedding was spectacular! Can't wait to share it with you all.

YAY!!!! So excited to hear all about it and that everything went so well! :sohappy:

disneygirl1

ZOMG! We're married!!

Oh I CAN NOT wait to hear all about it!!! Congratulations to you both again!!! :sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have no idea if I seen them...lol. I couldn't make the people out, but I figured when she comes back she can tell us if they were on that side of the boat and where. I was so excited I made it out there. I had been in Tampa, literally I got back, told my family to load up and made it out there just in time. I'm going to try to get the pics uploaded today for you guys! :) Maybe I'm a dork, but I thought it'd be cool for them to have pics of them on the boat sailing out to sea for their honeymoon.

I joined from another site on the recommendation of another member just to read your trip reports.

Can't believe that the first one I found is your wedding report!

Congratulations on your Disney wedding and I wish you the very best for the years to come.

I'll read your other reports to hold me over until you come back here. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Again, Congratulations.

So, Holly and Brett --how does it feel to be Internet celebrities?? :lol: :ROFLOL: :D :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom