Once Upon A Dream: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report!

FINALLY! We’re getting married... that’s right, I said married. After seven years of dating and 21 trips to Disney World together, the time has finally come. Oh dear, where do I even start? I’m constantly splattering our faces (and vacation stories) all over the internet so I never quite know how much detail to put at the beginning of a report, because it always feels so repetitive. I guess a little background on us is a must though, seeing as how this is a pre-marriage report and all. :D

We (Holly and Brett) met in 2004 working at one of the dive bars in our little college town. We probably worked together (flirting shamelessly) six months or so before we started dating. We weren’t together two months before Brett had my first trip to Disney planned and executed. For real. I vividly remember us hanging out at a friend’s house one afternoon when the subject of Disney came up. The conversation eventually moved to other territory, except for in our little corner of the room... Brett was downright shocked that I’d never been to Disney. He was like “Let’s go.” And I’m thinking, sure, what’s the harm in playing along with this little game, it’s not like we’re going to pick up and go tomorrow. A few days later he tells me he’s worked out all the details, and if I’m still up for it, we leave next week! Talk about sweeping a girl off her feet. :)

It was a short trip, and I mean short... only two nights. We took off after work one Friday night and were at Downtown Disney by lunchtime the next day. We stayed at Caribbean Beach and somehow managed to hit up all four parks and Blizzard Beach over the course of two and a half days. It was a whirlwind. Here are some pictures from that very first trip. Yes, I had to scan them in because they’re from the dark ages – April 2004 to be precise. High quality!

Apr04.jpg

Apr04007.jpg

Apr04004.jpg

Overall the trip was a screaming success. Of course it was, otherwise I don’t think we’d be where we are today. :lol:

There are a handful of moments from that first trip that are as clear as could be for me... one was running through the Magic Kingdom at night during a major downpour, laughing like crazy and holding Brett’s hand as he drug me from one awning to the next, not caring in the slightest that I was completely drenched from head to toe.

Another was dinner at Ohana. I fell in love. In love with the Polynesian. In love with the restaurant. In love with the food. In love with the fireworks outside the window. In love with Disney. In love with the guy across the table from me. What?!? :eek: Uh-oh. Wait. How’d that happen?! And how am I gonna keep him from noticing? After all we’d only been dating two months.

Another was ice cream on Main Street on our last afternoon, just before we had to leave and head back home. I was hit so hard by how much I didn’t want any of it to end. I still get the exact same feeling every single time we leave property to head home. I think I mention it quite a bit in my trip reports, but my love for Disney is completely and totally tangled up and intertwined with my love for Brett. Falling in love with them both at the same time can have that affect on a girl. :animwink:

For us, Disney is a place where our relationship shines. Simply put... it is us at our best. And as cheesy as it may sound I come away from every trip even more in love with this man than before. THIS is why we are getting married at Disney World... it’s always been a part of our narrative as a couple and it will always continue to be.

corey154

Cruise Pics as promised

Here's me with my sign:
100_30974020.jpg

Cruise boat pics from the port going to the sea:

100_31034026.jpg

100_31054028-1.jpg

100_31064029.jpg

100_31084031.jpg

100_31094032.jpg

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.....

100_31124035.jpg

5568652751_7efb192a79_m.jpg
100_30974020.jpg
cmr154

HollyBelle

Original Poster
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

YAYYYYY Holly & Brett!!! Can't wait to hear everything!

Thanks, Karen!!

HOORAY!!! :sohappy:

These next few days will be the happiest days you guys will spend together. They'll also set the path for many more happy days to come!

Have a WONDERFUL time!! :wave:

Thanks, Erin. The days surrounding the wedding were the perfect start to our happily ever after!

Congrats Hollybelle!!!!! I am so excited, i have been reading your posts for a while now and here is the begining of the Happy Ever After!

Wishing you and Brett all the best,

Mandi:sohappy::D:sohappy:

Thanks, Mandi! I'm happy you decided to drop in and post!

Safe travels to you and Brett today!!! Have a wonderful trip! Cherish every moment of it, as I am sure you will! Can not wait to hear all about it when you guys return!!! :wave:

Thanks, Reese. As expected it came and went all too fast. Luckily I have this trip report to help ease me off the high of such an amazing wedding/disneymoon.

I just read your Pre-Trip & I just wanted to say CONGRATS!! I hope you have a fabulous wedding & a great honeymoon!! Enjoy!

Thanks so much, EnchantedRose!

Congratulations Holly and Brett!! Have safe travels!! Can't wait to read the wedding/honeymoon report!!!!:sohappy:

Thanks, meeskamickey! We're home now and I'm ready to write all about it.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
What a great day for a wedding....hope everything goes well and can't wait to hear about it when you get back! Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks, Rach! We got so incredibly lucky with the weather. And what's even better is that it lasted throughout our whole trip.

Aww, Princess, I can only imagine how you're feeling today (still asleep, likely, but smiling anyways).

My friend texted me at 12:03AM (thanks, Nicole?) and I was like IT'S THE 18TH! Much joy. It's supposed to rain here today, but the weather network tells me you have a beauty day on the way - yay!

Congrats, have a great voyage. And extend the congrats to the (new) hubs as well. Loooove.

Kenzie! Thanks for all the love and well wishes. I did actually sleep quite well the night before the wedding. A beauty day is right... from start to finish it was absolutely amazing. The hubby thanks you, as well. :lol:

Hi Holly I want to wish you both the happiest time ever ever!!!! I'm so excited for you both.
You did a wonderful job with everything.
I just don't know how you did it all and so well organized too. Thank you so very much for sharing your Pretrip Report with all of us. That is so thoughtful at such an exciting and stressful time in your life.
I am sure right about now you are about to become a married lady I am so so happy for you both.
Enjoy every second of your special day together and with your family. I wish you both Happiness & Joy and Tons More Magical Times Together. You're both ADORABLE!

P.S. You should print out this report to keep as part of your journal for your Wedding, in case you haven't done that already. hehehe.
I will be thinking of you today.
I can not believe how quickly time has passed. :sohappy:
(And They Lived Happily Ever After)........

Thanks, Chelli. I thoroughly enjoyed the planning process and the stress really wasn't that bad, mostly because we had such a small intimate ceremony. I didn't have to stress over whether or not people were having a good time.

I am indeed a married lady now! And we had the most magical day ever.

We're totally on the same wavelength with regards to printing up the pre-trip report. I actually do this for all my reports (eliminating the comments). However, this time around, I think I may try to figure out a way to incorporate everyone's comments into the printed copy. Because I'm overwhelmed by the love and support everyone has shown us. That certainly needs to be documented too! :D

Thinking of you today, Holly! Congrats! I hope we bump into each other while in WDW this week!

Thanks, Lesley. It looks like we didn't cross paths, but I hope you had the most amazing family vacation ever!

Happy Wedding Day!! :sohappy:

Thinking of you both on your big day, looks like your big concern (the weather) turned out well for you.

Thanks, Siobhan! The weather fairies (and you) were certainly watching out for us.

Best wishes Holly & Brett on your Wedding Day!

Thank you so much, TiggerTime!

30 minutes from wedding ceremony! I could only imagine what Holly is feeling right now....:)

I'm so happy for them! The weather is beautiful outside right now too, it's pretty warm....but I know it'll be beautiful pictures will such a sunny sky!

Okay lemme see... so we were running a bit behind with hair/makeup, so about 30 minutes before the ceremony I was finally getting into my dress. And I was feeling surprisingly calm during all of this. :animwink: Thanks, Corey!

Hope it's as gorgeous at the Polynesian right now as it is in South Jersey. You two deserve a perfect day for a perfect wedding! Have a blast and a life time of happiness!

Thanks again, Karen! The Polynesian came through for us in a big way.

I hope you are having fabulous weather in Florida for your wedding day! I can't wait to read your trip report when you get back! :]

Thanks, BookwormxBelle. We couldn't have asked for more!

YOU'RE MARRIED...FINALLY!!! :lol: Congratulations guys!! :sohappy:

Yes! Finally. Thanks, Shannon!

Congratulations to you both. I thought about you at 2:30 today. The weather in Orlando was gorgeous, so I'm sure your photos will be fabulous! Have a wonderful honeymoon! Best wishes to you both and can't wait to read your trip report when you return!

Pam

I'm stressing a bit as I wait for the photos, but I hope you're right, Pam. We had beautiful blue skies and sunshine through and through. Thanks for the wishes!

Big Congrats to you guys!!! Can wait to see pics when you get back!!! :wave:

Thanks, HouCuseChickie. I'm dying to see the professional pictures!

I thought of you guys today!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sure you guys are having a ton of fun!

Yay! Thanks, PartOfYourWorld. We had an amazing wedding and honeymoon trip.

Congratulations!!! You are now husband and wife!! Best wishes for a wonderful day and many happy years together!! I thought of you guys today. I hope it was like a dream.

Thanks, Melanee. The whole day was certainly a dream come true. I'm still getting used to the husband and wife titles. I vividly remember the first time I referred to Brett as my husband to someone else. It was a strange sensation, but I absolutely LOVED how it felt.

I thought of y'all at least a dozen times today!!!! I watched the clock and counted it down to 1:30 p.m. our time because that would be the time you said your 'I dos' in EST!

Many great big congrats to Mrs. & Mr. Hollybelle!!!!

:lol:

Kelly! Thanks for being with us in spirit at 2:30! I'm kinda liking the sounds of "Mrs. & Mr. Hollybelle." I think we should go with that from here on out.

Congratulations on your big day! I hope everything was perfect! Can't wait to see all your pictures and read the report!

Thanks so much, wishes2013. I can't wait to start writing the report.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Congratulations Holly & Brett!!! I can't wait to hear about everything and especially I can't wait to dish about RevKev! Yesterday was a beautiful day and I'll bet your ceremony was gorgeous!! :sohappy:

Shelley! We were super pleased with Kevin. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I'm figuring he came through for us on "looking good" up there. :lol: And thank you... it'll be your and Jason's turn before you know it. :sohappy:

Wooo Hooo! Congratulations Holly!

Best wishes for many magical years together!

Thanks, erstwo! I'm looking forward to them.

Congrats from me as well!! May you have love and laughter for DECADES to come!! :kiss:

Thanks, PirateTink. Love and laughter sound like the right combination to me.

Congratulations to you both. Im sure you have had a fantastic time over the past few days. I love all the little extra Disney touches that you created. Fab times guide!
We always enjoy your trip reports and are looking forward to reading all about your wedding celebration.

Thank you, mrtyoung. We did have a fantastic trip... the stuff dreams are made of! Hopefully, I won't be too incredibly slow in getting things posted.

Best wishes to the both of you! Hope your having a magical time on your honeymoon. Can't wait to read the trip report!

Thanks, PrincessASquare! I can't wait to write the report!

Congrats you two! Have a magical honeymoon! :D

Thanks, darthspielberg. We had the most magical time, but of course, it all went by too quickly.

Congratulations!!! I thought about you guys on your special day! I also checked the forecast for Lake Buena Vista and it looked perfect!!! :) Can't wait to see your pictures!

Thank you, Krista. We couldn't have asked for better weather or a more beautiful day. It was perfect.

I tossed you (by myself) while at dinner Friday night! Congrats and I hope all the time and planning made your special day and honeymoom even better than you dreamed!!! :sohappy:

Aww, thanks for the toast, mickeysshoes! I love toasts. Everything came together wonderfully for our big day and I can't wait to share.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Congratulations Holly & Brett! May this trip be a springboard to a long life of happiness together!

Thank you, BlizzardPoke, I really appreciate the well wishes!

Congratulations Holly and Brett,

I hope that your wedding was all that you dreamt it would be, and that your life together will be full with amazing magical moments.

Michael :D

Thanks, Michael. Our wedding day was certainly a dream come true. And I can't wait to see where this life takes us.

Haven't been able to log on, but was thinking of you on Friday!

I hope your day was as magical as you'd ever dreamed it would be. Many wishes for a lifetime of happiness! Hope you're have a blast on the honeymoon!

Thanks, Diana. The day came together wonderfully, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Congratulations to you two! Can't wait for pictures and a report!!!

Thanks so much, accord99cutie!

Well by now you are married and enjoying your Disneymoon!!! I thought of you guys at least 100 times on Friday! Can not wait to hear all about it!

Sigh... our Disneymoon has already come and gone. :cry: :lol: But it was absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to share all the fun.

I joined from another site on the recommendation of another member just to read your trip reports.

Can't believe that the first one I found is your wedding report!

Congratulations on your Disney wedding and I wish you the very best for the years to come.

I'll read your other reports to hold me over until you come back here. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Again, Congratulations.

I'm so glad you stopped in to say hello, Dianarella! Welcome to wdwmagic... this is certainly an amazing community of people. And thank you for the well wishes.

So, Holly and Brett --how does it feel to be Internet celebrities?? :ROFLOL: :D :sohappy:

I hardly know what to do with myself. :ROFLOL:

Woohoo, congrats!!

Brett, how did the monocle go over?? :lol: :lookaroun

Thanks again, Shannon. Turns out, Vicky's has a strict "no monocle" policy. They can't have the guests looking fancier than the butlers that serve them. :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I have some pictures I probably won't get to post for a few days b/c of some training at work, but I went out to the port and watched the Disney boat leave port with Brett and Holly on it! I made sure I got some pictures of the boat leaving port for them I can't wait to get a chance to upload the pics for everyone to see!

Oooh! Did they see you?! I'm so glad you made it to the port for their sail away! That's sooooo awesome!!!

I have no idea if I seen them...lol. I couldn't make the people out, but I figured when she comes back she can tell us if they were on that side of the boat and where. I was so excited I made it out there. I had been in Tampa, literally I got back, told my family to load up and made it out there just in time. I'm going to try to get the pics uploaded today for you guys! Maybe I'm a dork, but I thought it'd be cool for them to have pics of them on the boat sailing out to sea for their honeymoon.

Here's me with my sign:
100_30974020.jpg

Cruise boat pics from the port going to the sea:

100_31054028-1.jpg

100_31064029.jpg

100_31084031.jpg

100_31094032.jpg

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.....
5568652751_7efb192a79_m.jpg
100_30974020.jpg
cmr154

OMG, Corey! This is so cool. I was on the ship at the exact same time looking for you... we were trying desperately to find a green sign, but we couldn't see one. There was a large grass clearing filled with people located just after the bars/restaurants and then it looked like there was no other place for people to be after that. However, looking at your pictures, it appears that you were on some rocks and not in the grassy area (?). I'm wondering if you were farther away from the restaurants than we realized. I zoomed the camera in and took a bunch of pictures of the crowd, looking for you!! I don't have the raw files converted to jpegs yet, but I'll do that first thing.

Based on where we were standing, this could be us... :lol:

100_31084031.jpg

Thank you for the sign even though we didn't see it from the ship. I love that you posted a picture of you holding a sign for us. Gets me a little choked up, actually! Thank you.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
As I've probably already said a bazillion times over... we had the most amazing wedding and honeymoon ever. We couldn't have asked for more! I can't wait to share all the details... that being said, there's laundry to be tended to and approximately 70 gigs of photos to be uploaded and sorted through!

I still plan on posting a few little things to the pre-trip report (like the wedding dress stress) before I get going with the actual trip report, but it will probably be a couple of days.

Thanks again to each and every one of you. You're amazing! :sohappy:

plaz10

So excited you guys are back and had such a wonderful time! Congratulations again! Now it's time for our most exciting portion of your celebration...the trip report! :lol: Can't wait to hear all the dress drama and see pictures!

All jokes aside...can't be happier for you and your new hubby (who looks fantastic in a monocle, I might add!) So glad you had gorgeous weather and just the happiest of ever afters! Congrats!!

diddy_mouse

:lol: Way to rock that monocle, Brett!

I cannot wait to read all the details and see your fantastic pictures! Hooray for newlyweds!

tink65

Congratulations and welcome back! I am so happy for you and Brett! I cannot tell you how many times & thought about you guys last week and especially on Saturday! :)

Can't wait to read the trip report!

tiaragirl

Have I been checking this to see if you're back yet?

Yes.

Sometimes this website makes me feel creepy, but I actually have so much joy for you two.. Whatttt do you wanna bet I get a little teary with wedding pictures. Don't lie, you love me for it.

<3 glad everything was perfecttt.

NewfieFan

I'm just catching up on some TR reading...

Oh my goodness Holly, I laughed, I cried, it's the pre-trip report of the century!

So, happy for you guys! Congratulations on the most wonderful journey of your life! Will be looking forward to the actual TR...

And I must say all that printed stuff you did yourself is amazing, and the leis as well, color me impressed!!!

I always share this quote with my friends who get married (I'll be married 11 years this April, so I guess I qualify to pass on some wisdom)...

"In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage." --Robert Anderson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom