Ohana Menu Change

tigsmom

Shrike said:
Sorry Brich. My post was rather facetious, was intended to be commentary on the prevailing winds that have been blowing around these boards recently.

I have nothing against change, but if something is working (and it must be because the place is always full) then why change? I would have no problem with different polynesian foods being introduced, but au gratin potatoes do not remind me of polynesian food. Sorry.

goofyfan13

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Can someone explain to me what exactly the new ohana's menu will be?

is it still all you can eat shrimp? they come in bowls now? lol..

what about meats? its just sausage? is going on..

I think im gonna cancel my ps for dec and switch to whispering cany one or soemthing.. i dunno.. UGH:(

As of now, all you can eat shrimp is gone, all you get is the bowl they give you. As for the meats, I'm assuming the sausage will replace the all you can eat shrimp. So that will be the fourth meat.

wannabeBelle

Sausage????? I know this USED to be a part of the meal but obviously it was a while before I went for the first time!!!! I am not terribly into sausage as most places make it with a recipe I dont care for. I have a great little Italian deli that makes it absolutely perfect for me ( two varietes no less!!!) I doubt that any commercially made sausage could stack up. Belle

Shrike

tigsmom said:
I have nothing against change, but if something is working (and it must be because the place is always full) then why change? I would have no problem with different polynesian foods being introduced, but au gratin potatoes do not remind me of polynesian food. Sorry.

I guess I should be more clear.

I agree with you.:wave:

I heard for years that change was good (regardless of the changes), and that several like-minded individuals were blowing things out of proportion. We were attacked for saying that Disneyland wasn't nearly as "Magical" as it used to be, that the people in charge knew better than we did, and that Burbank was never wrong. Cynthia Harriss would bring financial "Sensibility" to Disneyland, and that we were over-reacting.

We weren't. Burbank didn't know better, and the Pressler/Harriss team nearly destroyed Disneyland. Yes, destroyed.

I'm not saying that's what's happenig today at WDW...far from it. If it were I wouldn't be flying my family to stay on property for a week this Saturday.

But some people need to realize that questioning why Disney makes some of the decisions it does isn't the sign of a bitter malcontent. That there's nothing wrong with questioning menu changes. That there's nothing wrong with lamenting yet another merchandising location or meet and greet. That there's nothing wrong with wondering why story has sometimes been replaced by expediancy. Not always, and not to the exclusion of recognizing the things that are being done right, and the things that keep people like myself spending many thousands of Dollars each year on their products.

But contrary to the opinion of some here, there's nothing wrong with asking why?

Some of us have, after all, been right before.

LaughingGravy

passholder said:
I regret to commit sacrilege, but the bread pudding and the potato stuff was great. I could have done without the bananas in the caramel, but all I had to do was ask and they got some caramel for me without the bananas. We had the feast over this past weekend and it was wonderful. I am sorry to squash the nostagia for many of you and I hope this post is not burned at the pit in Ohana, but this time IMHO the change was good.
Passholder,
How was the rest of the meal? Please give a mouthful by mouthful playback(no repeating,though,please):slurp:.
I think we would all benefit if you could provide as much detail as possible.
Did others in your party try different things? I didn't base the reservation only on the rice, pineapple & caramel or shrimp, but those are three of the items after all.
This past week, I cancelled another reservation to get into 'Ohana based on the menu. Now, I doubt I can get back into the other place for the beginning of October. 'Ohana's menu as allearsnet.com had it was just enough to be interesting, but not too exotic that the kids would balk and do chicken fingers.
If anyone else calls Ohana directly, please post what they say.
To anyone who now has reservations...get it..? We all now have reservations:p:lol:. But seriously folks...
If you have reservations at 'Ohana for anytime in the next few months, it's getting tough to get in anyplace at a reasonable dinner time. Make sure you secure something you want before dropping 'Ohana.

DisKid

tigsmom said:

I completely agree. Also, what's wrong with adding variety to the buffet/menu instead of changing things?!?! Why couldn't they leave the menu the same and just add these items as an option...why can't they give us the option of "do you want bread pudding for dessert or pinapple/caramel?"!?!!?!?! :veryconfu

Geez. (I think it's management at Disney that needs to change...not the menu at O'hana's!!!!)

wannabeBelle

DisKid said:
I completely agree. Also, what's wrong with adding variety to the buffet/menu instead of changing things?!?! Why couldn't they leave the menu the same and just add these items as an option...why can't they give us the option of "do you want bread pudding for dessert or pinapple/caramel?"!?!!?!?! :veryconfu

Geez. (I think it's management at Disney that needs to change...not the menu at O'hana's!!!!)
Well said!!!! Belle

dflye

So how many shrimp does each portion in the bowl contain (not clear if it is one shared bowl for each section of a table, or one per adult meal.)

As a lover of shrimp (at least when properly de-veined or kept live in clean water long enough to purge their digestive tracts before cooking) this is a very very sad day! :cry:

diddy_mouse

hcswingfield said:
Looks like they are converting the menu to take out all the Polynesian food.

this to me is just wrong...to me the whole point of eating at Ohana's is to have a Polynesian dinner, a South Seas meal, a *different* type of dining experience. :veryconfu

that's why I would go to Ohana

Nansafan

This is the first year since 1993 that we did not eat at the Castle for dinner. This was due to menu changes. What a disappointment! We gave up eating at Tony's Town Square Ristorante a few years back because of menu changes. The Castle and Tony's were restaurants we ate at every trip, now we have to find a new every trip place. When they start changing signature items like the pineapple and caramel, they are really messing things up. Some things are classic and should be treated as such.

Laura

Premium Member
brich said:
Weren't you basing your Ohana PS on the fireworks and then they changed the fireworks time? And now they change the menu and your thinking of eating elsewhere? Oiy Not meant to be eh? :brick:

I know!! Insane huh. They really don't want me there. :p

darthdarrel

tigsmom said:
I whole heartedly agree with you!
This new menue does not remind me of the polynesian Islands at all :hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Is there going to be a quota on shrimp?

I have to say that I dont care how its prepared as long as its available.

As for the desert tend to stick to the cocktails and the kids can make do with whats on offer. :slurp:

tigsmom

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Is there going to be a quota on shrimp?

I have to say that I dont care how its prepared as long as its available.

As for the desert tend to stick to the cocktails and the kids can make do with whats on offer. :slurp:

One bowl of shrimp per table. Don't know how large the shrimp are, how they are spiced or cooked.

Yellow Shoes

It occurs to me that I DON'T want to be the CM that has to tell people that they can't have more shrimp.

Can't pay me enough to deliver that bad news.........

DiPSU224

The shrimp does not bother me, as I don't like seafood, but I still can't get over the rice!! I love the wontons as well, but is it still unconfirmed that they are also going? I will still have to eat there again to decide whether or not it will continue to be a place we eat every visit. Who knows, maybe I'll love the new potatoes. :(

bgraham34

I think variety is good. Adding more to it is excellant and give people some options. I dont have a problem with that. Why cant I choose between bread pudding and pineapple with caramel.

tigsmom

bgraham34 said:
I think variety is good. Adding more to it is excellant and give people some options. I dont have a problem with that. Why cant I choose between bread pudding and pineapple with caramel.

But no options were given, and I would have no problem with giving people a choice as I know some people just don't like rice and some would rather have a more substantial sweet at the end of the meal.

The meal here is so different from the generic burger/fries/chicken fingers and they have a very loyal following. Change for change sake is not always a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom