Ohana Menu Change

1stStarIC2nite

When we went in December, we loved the changes! I do miss the old wontons... but the chips are good. However... my whole family LOVED the bread pudding! Wow! It was great... definately one of our favorite meals. I can't wait to eat there again on Sunday night! :sohappy:

GoofyMom2

Horizons78 said:
We will require pictures.....at least then I can print the pictures out, place them over the top of my non-disney boring food, and feel better about my meal.:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing I just bought a new digital camera!

PS I am starting my pre-Disney diet so I can really enjoy all of these meals we have planned!

jiddng

We just came back from a weekend at WDW and trying out the new menu at O'Hana. I liked the shrimp, mainly because it's easy to overcook them on the skewers. On past trips, more often than not, the shrimp would arrive overcooked and dried. I didn't realize though that they would also be all-u-can-eat. I would've definitely ordered more, because I'm not a sausage or turkey fan.

The dessert was a wee bit small for the 4 adults that was eating there, but our cousin was prompt in bringing out a 2nd one right away.

My only criticism, is that it seemed the skewers were coming out slower than in the past. On previous trips, you would barely finish what's on your plate, and another cousin would appear to ask if you wanted more. This time, there were definite moments (yes, plural, happened more than once) where we had clean plates and had to flag down a cousin to get another piece of steak. It's good for the diet though, I suppose.....

frazierle

We ate there this week and really enjoyed the meal. This was our first time back since the changes to the menu and honestly it was still one of our favorite stops. We actually liked the changes. We were hoping to be able to order the pineapple at the end, but it was not available. Cousin Ed told us not to knock the bread pudding till we tried it and I have to say it was our best dessert we had last week. We plan to go back again and again, and again....

Tom

Beta Return
The first three pages of this thread were getting depressing, with everyone jumping to conclusions and boycotting Ohana. However, the recent posts, since it was bumped, have reassured me that our choice to dine there on June 22 was still a good choice. It would really take a MAJOR overhaul for me to boycott a restaurant. Seems so childish for all those people who just jumped to the overreactive conclusions and refuse to eat there now.

Shrike

1. Nice use of the search function. /applause

2. Ohana isn't as good as it used to be. It's still very good and worth the price however.

3. I was right on in my post about the "Disney has never made a mistake" crowd.

4. Wannab@dis, as is par for the course, completely missed the point.

ErickainPA

We just ate at O'hana's this past weekend. The food was great. The turkey and sausage were a little dry but the pork and steak were awesome. The shrimp, wings and O'hana potatoes were all great. Definately will go here again. The wonton chips were pretty good, I liked them better without the sauces, hubby ate them with the sauces though. Bread pudding with ice cream was nice and moist and with the bananas foster sauce, it was a perfect touch.

Don't knock it until you try it. Still don't care for it, that's just more for the rest of us. :)

srd1969

MiklCraw4d said:
For those of us who remember the early, early days of Ohana it's even worse... they had this AWESOME lo mein with salmon wayyyy back in the day. That stuff was fantastic. My brother and I still wax poetic about it...

I've been eating there every year since 1997, and thought my meal there 2/17 was the best I've had in a long time. You mention the salmon, but does anyone remember the banana leaf chicken? Just a note, I am not a bread pudding fan, but this was awesome!! Sausage was good, better than I remember it being when they had it before, and three of us ate and the bowl of shrimp probably had 20-25 shrimp in it, you can get more, no problem.

PhilharMagician

frazierle said:
We ate there this week and really enjoyed the meal. This was our first time back since the changes to the menu and honestly it was still one of our favorite stops. We actually liked the changes. We were hoping to be able to order the pineapple at the end, but it was not available. Cousin Ed told us not to knock the bread pudding till we tried it and I have to say it was our best dessert we had last week. We plan to go back again and again, and again....

That is weird that the pinapple is not available. In December you could order it seperately.

frazierle

You may have been able to in December, but they told us it was not available any longer. I really liked the pineapple but I must admit the bread pudding with the banana sauce was awesome.

PhilharMagician

frazierle said:
You may have been able to in December, but they told us it was not available any longer. I really liked the pineapple but I must admit the bread pudding with the banana sauce was awesome.

I must agree. We also loved the bread pudding with the banana fosters sauce.:slurp:

shoppingnut

O'hanna's was never high on my list to begin with because their menu didn't have enough items on it that I would eat. It has even less appeal now and my favorite thing of all time was the pineapple w/carmel made eating there when someone talked me into it worthwhile.

Dubman

PhilharMagician said:
I must agree. We also loved the bread pudding with the banana fosters sauce.:slurp:

We loved it also!! Would have been cool if it was actually served flaming!! It was our first time there.. My brother took us there and was highly recommending the grilled shrimp and pineapple dessert.. Didn't have either but had an awesome meal anyways!! Although we did feel a bit rushed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom