Ohana Menu Change

goofyfan13

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
The wontons will go

Wow, I had no idea about that. I loved those wontons. You honestly have to wonder though how many complaints from regulars to Ohana they are going to get? Maybe with enough complaints they'll bring the menu items back. *crosses fingers*

Mr. Toad

So I have a few minutes to kill at work and I browse the message boards and find this. Now I'm depressed :( It sounds like all of the things I like about Ohana are going away.

New2WDW

Laura22 said:
I tried to change my PS that night to 1900 Park Fare but everything is all booked now. Oh well.

This is a big problem! If anyone really wanted to change dinner sites, most of the other restaurants may be booked! Disney should at least give people the 60 - 90 day out process for these kind of changes like we have to do just to get into the place!

O'Yea! recent (untrue) news! Chef Mickey's Character Dinner - same food but we had to cut the characters!:rolleyes:

brich

New2WDW said:
This is a big problem! If anyone really wanted to change dinner sites, most of the other restaurants may be booked! Disney should at least give people the 60 - 90 day out process for these kind of changes like we have to do just to get into the place!

O'Yea! recent (untrue) news! Chef Mickey's Character Dinner - same food but we had to cut the characters!:rolleyes:
Imagine those who don't venture out into the online Disney forums who will not know of any change. The changes won't truly effect first timers as they have no first hand knowledge of the previous menu items but the for all the return guests, I'm sure they are returning for a reason. That being they enjoyed the course. Now it's changed :)

Laura22 said:
I tried to change my PS that night to 1900 Park Fare but everything is all booked now. Oh well.
Weren't you basing your Ohana PS on the fireworks and then they changed the fireworks time? And now they change the menu and your thinking of eating elsewhere? Oiy Not meant to be eh? :brick:

disneygirl_wdw

missionspace said:
First they ruined Norway, now Ohona!

I agree exactly. The two restaurants on my must eat list are ruined. I was planning on eating at Ohana's on my 21st birthday trip. My finacee loved it there and now no more pineapple, wontons, or shrimp. My 3 favorite things on the menu. I can deal with potatoes, but this! This is too much! I am not a big fan of bread pudding at all. :hurl: I guess I will try it and see, but I am very disappointed. :cry:

DonaldDoleWhip

I think my friend influenced the shrimp change. She was smuggling shrimp into her bag. :( Sorry, everyone.

I'm in shock. Absolutely in shock. It was hard enough getting a PS two months in advance unless there were cancellations. Think about it: It was always full, and it was incredibly pricey. Isn't that the best possible outcome? Why change it if it's doing so well?

Ohana means family in Hawaii. But a family from Hawaii wouldn't leave the pineapple behind. Not a good move. We may never go back to our favorite restaurant. This change is DRASTIC.

EDIT: no wontons?! That's it, we're never going back. What's next? Take away the Zebra Domes and Boma buffet from AKL?

MSTINKHERBELL01

DonaldDoleWhip said:
What's next? Take away the Zebra Domes and Boma buffet from AKL?

Hush your mouth! :zipit: Don't you dare say that outloud......I love thoes ZEBRA DOMES.....Plllllllease dont speak that into existance!:animwink:

ugotzme

just got off the phone with ohana front desk. asked about won-tons to see if thay were still on menu,thay said thay were and would remain on menu. thay said other changes would be taking place next week. new meat will be sasuage will have to give it a try. also if you call the poly 1-407-824-2000 you can ask for ohana and it will give you promps one is to leave a message for chief. maybe if he received enough messages thangs could change. tanks and still believe in the magic

goofyfan13

Original Poster
ugotzme said:
just got off the phone with ohana front desk. asked about won-tons to see if thay were still on menu,thay said thay were and would remain on menu. thay said other changes would be taking place next week. new meat will be sasuage will have to give it a try. also if you call the poly 1-407-824-2000 you can ask for ohana and it will give you promps one is to leave a message for chief. maybe if he received enough messages thangs could change. tanks and still believe in the magic

As long as the sausage doesn't replace the turkey, steak, or pork, I can deal. If they remove one of those items to bring in the sausage, all hell will break loose on my part. Thats great news about the wontons though.

tigsmom

ugotzme said:

Personally, I wouldn't believe them. Its not like they have never "bent the truth" before.

elle72688

How disappointing. Frist they took off the green beans, then the rice, then the shrimp, now the pineapple...and to think I have to ADR's for Ohana on my upcoming trip. I will give the new menu a try and see how it is, but something tells me my second ADR will be getting changed to Kona.

jiddng

tigsmom said:
From this weeks ALL EARS Newsletter:

"On Monday, August 29, the menu was the same, but on Thursday,
September 1, the pineapple with caramel sauce for dessert was
changed to bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. This is a
permanent change, and our waiter also informed us that other
items will be changing. The wontons will go, the fried rice will
go, scalloped potatoes have already replaced the rice, and more
changes are to come. The worst news is that the fire-grilled
shrimp will be replaced with a skillet of shrimp".

Add me to the list of those not very happy with this at all.

I'd be willing to try the skillet of shrimp. I'm hoping that means it's closer to scampi style, or broiled rather than steamed. Last time I ate at O'Hana, 2 of the 3 skewers of shrimp I had were way overcooked, almost burned. Since shrimp cooks very quickly, I wondered if the chefs were too busy with the other meats to really watch the shrimp.

Maybe the skillet of shrimp will fix that problem. Of course if it's only 1 skillet per table, it's MINE! :slurp:

DonaldDoleWhip

Relief about the wontons.

HAD NO IDEA ABOUT GREEN BEANS!!!

I like sausage. But I get enough sausage in Germany (Epcot).

We're done with Ohana...FOR EVER. Ohana is no longer a part of our family. And the breakfast always absolutely sucked in comparison to Cinderella, Contemporary, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, etc.

tigsmom

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Relief about the wontons.

HAD NO IDEA ABOUT GREEN BEANS!!!

I like sausage. But I get enough sausage in Germany (Epcot).

We're done with Ohana...FOR EVER. Ohana is no longer a part of our family. And the breakfast always absolutely sucked in comparison to Cinderella, Contemporary, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, etc.

I loved their green beans and thankfully have the recipe. I feel the same way about sausage, though... I could always head over to Germany for some.

passholder

I regret to commit sacrilege, but the bread pudding and the potato stuff was great. I could have done without the bananas in the caramel, but all I had to do was ask and they got some caramel for me without the bananas. We had the feast over this past weekend and it was wonderful. I am sorry to squash the nostagia for many of you and I hope this post is not burned at the pit in Ohana, but this time IMHO the change was good.

Shrike

brich said:
True.... But does Ohana need to grow? It always looks plenty busy when I'm in there. Cheesey potatos and bread pudding aren't what comes to my mind when thinking of a Polynesian theme. Pineapple and the Poly rice, in my mind, better represent the theme. I suppose pizza would be a good change there too. :eek:

Sorry Brich. My post was rather facetious, was intended to be commentary on the prevailing winds that have been blowing around these boards recently.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Can someone explain to me what exactly the new ohana's menu will be?

is it still all you can eat shrimp? they come in bowls now? lol..

what about meats? its just sausage? is going on..

I think im gonna cancel my ps for dec and switch to whispering cany one or soemthing.. i dunno.. UGH:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom