OFFICIAL: PI As of 1/01/07 will be 21 and over

Magicot

I hope this is a joke...

Laugh Floor is at MK, not at PI.
Yes, it is a joke.:brick:

As far as the new 21+ rule at the dance clubs goes, I have to say that I'm rather disappointed. I am 20 and would love to go to those clubs with friends during my first CP this spring, but now I can't. I can see that they want to prevent underage drinking and I agree that it's an important issue, but it's really too bad that the rest of us have to suffer. I had/have no desire to drink at those clubs, just hang out and maybe dance. There must be other ways of tackling this issue.

Also, the legal problems that Disney has with PI don't exist in the clubs alone: last March, my 20 year old brother was asked by some guy in the Cirque du Soleil bathroom, if he had any spare pot or cocaine on him.

Hmm, maybe security and law enforcement are the issues that they should be focusing on rather than keeping us naughty 20 year olds out of the clubs.:rolleyes:

Tim G

You can think of AC as a loosely structured show with various "acts" throughout the night in the club's "library." It's part-revue, with songs and little pre-planned bits, and part-improv that includes audience participation. The cast members play various characters who are all members of the Adventurer's Club, thrilling you with their tales of adventure and romance, but more often than not, those stories get ruined by the character's bickering with each other. Think of "The Addams Family" if it took place in a gentleman's smoking-parlour type club from the 1930s-40s, with songs and a sillier vibe, and you kind of have the gist. And in-between "acts," there are mini-shows that go on in the main bar area, plus two smaller rooms filled with various "treasures" collected by the members on their adventures or talking masks. Silly but harmless fun, usually appropriate for all ages. Some people plan on staying a short while and wind up staying all night. And they are encouraged to do so.
Oh... and so funny too, these almost unreadable characters...
:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh... and so funny too, these almost unreadable characters...
:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

If only they had used E5F0FD as the color. Then it truly would have been invisible until highlighting.
For example I have typed
PHP:
[color=#E5F0FD]If only they had used E5F0FD as the color. Then it truly would have been invisible until highlighting.[/COLOR]
( Now highlight below)

If only they had used E5F0FD as the color. Then it truly would have been invisible until highlighting.

DisneyDefenders

Some Observations

Everyone keeps saying they hate to see kids at PI. Just to clarify, kids were NEVER let into any of the clubs. Raising the age to get into a club from 18 to 21 still won't keep kids from walking through PI, it's just keeping a large number of potential ticket buyers from coming in.

Should this be true and implemented, I would recommend that they do it on a provisional basis and that they have certain nights where ALL clubs are 18+. Then they can gauge whether nor not the age restriction is helping or hurting PI.

My last recommendation is that PI add a karaoke club. Those are always fun and will attract lots of locals and tourists alike!

I love PI (especially Mannequins) and I really hope that what some of us are feeling is wrong and that it's around for a long time to come!

The Mom

Premium Member
I thought it was going to 18+.... you mean there might still be kids in there?
(im 20, and don't want AC to go to 21... till next year;))

Children under 18 are able to go into AC and CW IF they are with a parent. 18 year olds can go in without a parent. NO one under 21 can enter certain clubs, with or without a parent.

Kalikala

Also, how many 18-21 year olds, on VACATION, would go to PI to hang out? I think anyone who went in this age bracket were locals.

I went to PI at 19, 20, and 21 on vacation, so that's at least one! I never minded Mannequins being 21+- I'm surprised they're making 8Trax 21+ now! I'm a little sad that the 19/20 age group won't be able to go to these clubs now. I always appreciated my older friends giving up going to Mannequins so that we could all stay together, but now the options for 18-20 are pretty limited. This must really suck for the CP kids!

I'd like to see the return of the need of a ticket just to get in to PI, rather than to get into the clubs. Having to stop at the door of each one and show admission gets annoying.

I'd really like to see PI go 18+ only. Maybe they could have one club open to all ages for teens who wuold like to go dance, or parents who want to take their kids out, but it does put a little damper on things to have an 8 year old at the next table when you're busy with your Kungalooshing! In fact, there would probably be a decent market for a Radio Disney themed club for the teens and tweens- play some Hilary Duff and Jesse McCartney (I have no idea what kids listen to, which is probably evident here!), have some fun kid drinks available (smoothies, juice drinks, red bull type drinks, etc), maybe a pool table, flashy lights- sort of the fun high school dance atmosphere.

Everyone of all ages plays together all day, but at night, it would be nice for the adults to have their escape, and one for the kids that are too young for the clubs, but old enough to want to stay out a little later and have fun.

Epcot82Guy

Unfortunately, 18-20 CMs represent 0 revenue for PI, except in bodies. Plus, the liability of extra bodies outweighs any amount coming in. Even paying 18-20s don't generate anything. Sad, but true.

The problem with PI has been that it focused itself too much. THe trend in the early 90's was dance clubs. So, PI made a lot of those with different facades. Unfortunately, that's not the trend now. I think it would have done much better having several smaller spaces that cater to an older crowd balanced out by 3 or so signature dance clubs. Mannequins is still popular. So is BET. 8 Trax with a nice rennovation could be a great spot, too, and take over the 70s-80s-and 90s sectors (Pop Century @ PI? :lol: ). But the others were too much. Don't get me wrong. I love PI. It made my CP. But, it simply was/is not as popular as it needs to be.

Where PI would do extremely well would be to bring in more vendors like Raglan Road that have a more sophisticated, upscale feel. They also need to simply add more, smaller venues. The retail is not going to sell that well. But, small martini bars. An ICE Vodka bar. Several small venues that don't take large staffs, covers, or clientelle to thrive will work well. Then the profits from these can help the profits from the clubs. You concentrate people into a smaller number of dance venues which, to work, need to be crowded. And, it gets people on the island and drinking which, in turn, leads to, "Eh. Let's just shell out the $15 and go to these clubs." Make a walkway down near the waterfront to get the stroller brigade from West Side to the Marketplace. Bill the entire place as more upscale and partyesque so they are "welcome" but realize quickly the kiddies would be bored stiff. All of a sudden, you've got a popular district on your hands.

Castle Cake Apologist

Okay, I just remembered that Mannequins is usually 21+ anyways, but while I was there last they were having 18+ nights all week.

Does anybody know if they will still be doing this?

Or maybe Cast Member nights will be 18+ rather than 21+.

Anybody?

mdisney

Okay, I just remembered that Mannequins is usually 21+ anyways, but while I was there last they were having 18+ nights all week.

Does anybody know if they will still be doing this?

Or maybe Cast Member nights will be 18+ rather than 21+.

Anybody?
CM nights are sunday-thursday a little fyi

nickbrec

CP and being 21+

Wait a second, I have a question.. what if you're over 21 (by far) and want to get on the CP... are there any PI restrictions then? Or do you have to fall within a certian age bracket to even get on the CP??

Reason I'm asking, is I'm 28, thinking about making a move to Orlando, take some college credits at CFCC and work at Disney while I do it...

What does that mean for me?

slappy magoo

Everyone keeps saying they hate to see kids at PI. Just to clarify, kids were NEVER let into any of the clubs.

I can speak from personal experience and say you're wrong. Maybe it is not an on-the-books policy, but the last three times I was in 8Trax, there were kids in there. I'm not just talking about that hazy netherworld, not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman age bracket. I'm talking children. I'm talking adults bringing tweens and toddlers into 8Trax, treating it like they were at a wedding reception and nobody wanted to miss the big party by being the de facto babysitter so hey, junior and juniorette, wake upwe're going to Pleausure Island! And Aunt Kelli-with-an-"i" treats 'em like SUCH grownups by dancing with them, because she's flying solo tonight! Isn't that precious? Isn't that just aDORable? Why bother getting a sitter or forcing one member of your party to stay behind when you can just bring your children into a bar? Why didn't anyone ever think of this before?

And right at the next table is a group of late-twentysomethings on their eleventy-seventh drink, scoping out chicks, including, might I add, Aunt Kelli-with-an-"I" (this was the next to last time I was in 8Trax, and those guys asked Kelli her name and where she was staying. Kelli, despite being there with family and kids, saw nothing wrong with being uberflirty with strangers who felt her butt made a great hand-resting/grip-testing area. That's how I knew she was Kelli. With an "I" And perhaps a poor judge of character).

Y'see, I'm not just griping about an 18-to-get-in-21-to-drink policy,. I'm talking genuinely about grownups who want to experience PI so badly, they don't have a problem bringing small children with them. Even if they weren't let into the clubs, just milling about outside, it's still kinda creepy, there are plenty of outside portable bars, some people are falling-down drunk, and some peoples' judgments get impaired when they're drunkm maybe a little lonely, maybe a little sexed-up and if that girl with the braces says she turned 18 last week, why ruin a magical night with doubt? But when you add to the fact that some people ARE bringing kids into the clubs-whether it's official club policy or not, whether they're sneaking the kids in or whether the bouncers don't want to make a scene on a slow night or whatever the reason is-it's a bunch of lawsuits waiting to happen, it creeps me out. To a degree, I feel the same way if it were a hotel lounge, an area especially established for grownups to drink. I'm not as hardcore about it with CW and PI because they seem to me to be entertainment venues first that also happen to sell drinks. Not a lot of flirting or lowered inhibitions there. I don't pitch a fit when I'm told I'm too big for a pony ride or a Moon Bounce, kids (and especially their parents) should understand there are places little ones are too little to go.

mdisney

Wait a second, I have a question.. what if you're over 21 (by far) and want to get on the CP... are there any PI restrictions then? Or do you have to fall within a certian age bracket to even get on the CP??

Reason I'm asking, is I'm 28, thinking about making a move to Orlando, take some college credits at CFCC and work at Disney while I do it...

What does that mean for me?

you can be a cp at any older than 18 as long as you are a full or part time student the semester before. Also i would check out www. disneycareerstart.com

Epcot82Guy

Perhaps they should turn RNRBC into the world's largest ball pit so the kiddies can just be dropped off there until Mommy & Daddy (and aunt Kelli) are ready to stumble back to POP Century... :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Age limits are funny things, Mr Angry and Mrs Outraged are upset at the propspects of under 21s being exposed to alcohol, Id be interested to hear their standpoint on sending 18- 21 year olds to combat zones? But hey they havent been tempted to the demon drink.

PI is pretty crap apart from the Comedy club and Adventurers. IMHO of course

WDWKat26

Original Poster
PI is pretty crap apart from the Comedy club and Adventurers. IMHO of course

Yeah. I really enjoy just spending the night in Adventurer's Club now. I rarely will go dance at 8trax but that always ends early because (like last week) i'll get some guy who is old enough to be my Dad asking me if I, "Come here often".:brick:

Yanks07

Perhaps they should turn RNRBC into the world's largest ball pit so the kiddies can just be dropped off there until Mommy & Daddy (and aunt Kelli) are ready to stumble back to POP Century... :lookaroun
Sweet idea, but that wouldn't work. My upper teen boys and nephews 17-20 would bring their football in and practice being Marvin Harrison into the pit. Could get ugly.LOL:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom