OFFICIAL: PI As of 1/01/07 will be 21 and over

docandsix

Other Questions on the Adventurers' Club...

What about the availability of food and non-alcoholic beverages? Are there places to sit or is it just a standing room only establishment? Permitted or not, are children welcome? (That is, do they stand out like sore thumbs?) When does AC open and how many shows are there during the night? Is it loud and obnoxious like other "clubs?"

In other words, as a non-drinking guy with kids ages 6-12, should I even give it a try?

Oh goodness, I didn't thouroughly read the original post at first and thought I'd be banned from the Adventurers Club for the next 2 years. I'm glad the 21 rule isn't in effect there! I honestly never liked the dance clubs, so I really don't mind the new rule. However, I have a few friends who I know won't be very happy over this.

GymLeaderPhil

What about the availability of food and non-alcoholic beverages? Are there places to sit or is it just a standing room only establishment? Permitted or not, are children welcome? (That is, do they stand out like sore thumbs?) When does AC open and how many shows are there during the night? Is it loud and obnoxious like other "clubs?"

In other words, as a non-drinking guy with kids ages 6-12, should I even give it a try?
Food is not available inside AC or The Comedy Warehouse. Beverages are available. The West Side and Marketplace are within walking distance and do offer all sorts of eats.

Seating is available all throughout both clubs, but it can fill up quickly on peak nights.

There are children here and there throughout the evening. Some PI purists dislike the sight of the youngins, but most club-goers are kosher with a few tikes. It is Disney afterall. Whether they stick out like a sour thumb is decidedly how they act in public places - especially in high energy and loud situations.

All clubs open at 7pm, unless a private party have booked a specific venue. There are various shows at both The Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club scattered throughout the night. I've never found either obnoxious, but they can be loud.

Question: Once I'm living in Florida again, I was hoping to expose the joys of the Adventurers Club to my 16 year old brother. Would I be enough of an adult to take him in (19 by then) or would it need to be someone over 21?

mdisney

Question: Once I'm living in Florida again, I was hoping to expose the joys of the Adventurers Club to my 16 year old brother. Would I be enough of an adult to take him in (19 by then) or would it need to be someone over 21?

i believe you have to be 21 sorry

Victor

Good. Earlier this year when my girlfriend and I were at PI, we were stopped by Disney security and asked for ID because we were walking around with drinks. Yes we're young, but we aren't illegal, and definitely don't look under 21. It's a pain in the butt when you're trying to have a good time and have to be stopped by a rent a cop with a flashlight. This kind of thing has never happened anywhere else, but I get why it happened. There was an overabundance of the 18 and under crowd there (it was spring break) and they were taking precautions. All that aside, I think this policy will get rid of the precaution and get back to the pleasure.

JLW11Hi

Good. Earlier this year when my girlfriend and I were at PI, we were stopped by Disney security and asked for ID because we were walking around with drinks. Yes we're young, but we aren't illegal, and definitely don't look under 21. It's a pain in the butt when you're trying to have a good time and have to be stopped by a rent a cop with a flashlight. This kind of thing has never happened anywhere else, but I get why it happened. There was an overabundance of the 18 and under crowd there (it was spring break) and they were taking precautions. All that aside, I think this policy will get rid of the precaution and get back to the pleasure.

Wait, according to your profile you are exactly 21 years old. Were you that surprised that you got stopped?

It sounds like a good idea. I just feel bad for the CPs that come down who are under 21. What the heck are they going to do on Thursdays now? Then again, it will keep out some of the more obnoxious ones. I would go to Comedey Warehouse on cast member nights and every time they asked for a suggestion of a place, some CP would yell out "Vista Way!" and think it was hilarious. The comedians on stage would just roll their eyes, like they haven't heard that about a million times before.

dvitali

A previous poster mention that the Comedy Warehouse do not sell food but sell beverage or drinks. Do they still sell snacks like popcorn or cheese dip? Last time I was there was in 1999 and they have popcorn and cheese dip. The drinks were both alachol and non alachol varaity (beer?). Maybe someday can get me a menu of all the food and beverage being sell in Downtown Disney.

The Mom

Premium Member

I first went to AC with a group of forum members sans young children a few years ago, and both my 18 year old daughter and I thought it would be perfectly appropriate for MY then 11 year old. However, my husband uses a lot of puns and wordplay (including double entendre) on an almost daily basis, so The Son was used to it. He also has a sister who is ten years older, and she has never "talked down" to him. (and apparently hasn't always been careful about her language or the movies she watches around him :rolleyes: )

So there was nothing there that he hasn't heard before, and he was able to enjoy an evening there without ruining a more adult evening for others. The last time I was there, I wanted to stay for Hoopla, so my husband did take him back to our hotel, while I continued to party with mkt, PhotoDave, Master Yoda & bride, Foxfire, sillyspook, disneytati, and several others.

I don't think it would be appropriate for the 6 year old, however, only because he/she would get bored, and might start asking a lot of questions, which might annoy other guests.

As I mentioned, I know MY children, and know what sort of humor would appeal to them. (The Son loves the Black Adder series, especially the Private Plane episode, so anyone familiar with both the series and the AC would understand that he really can appreciate the club.) I also waited 18 years before I had a chance to check it out myself, and preview it before taking him there.

Oh, as far as your other question goes, it is set up like a private club, with chairs, etc with the bar being to one side. You do not have to sit at the bar, but make sure you watch those who do. The Library is set up like a nightclub, with numerous tables and chairs.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I-4Warrior

This is nothing but great news for me and my friends. Nothing kills a party-type atmosphere worse than having fun, loosening up and seeing someones 2 year old dancing in the middle of the walkways at PI while their parents/grandparents laugh and clap at how cute it is that their little one is jamming to the Black Eyed Peas. It used to be an environment where you could let your behavior skew a bit left of typical WDW family-environment behavior, but after the stroller brigade started to breach the gates, it became a place where you had to feel much more buttoned-up so as not to offend the ears/eyes of little ones who shouldn't be there in the first place. And I'm not talking about acting totally nuts or inappropriate, I'm just talking about acting like a 21+ member of society when they're with the friends... not with their friends and their kids.

e4ymod

I think PI should be 21+ at every club and in the entire complex. It isn't a place to bring your kids.
I agree completely. Families aren't the only ones going to Disney. Sometimes, us single, child-less adults need a place to get away from all the kids your see running around the parks.

e4ymod

Children are welcome, but IMO, they do stick out like sore thumbs. They will most probably be the only ones there. Also, some people don't really appreciate the company because it causes the performers to tone down the show a bit sometimes, and like I mentioned before, some people go there because they want to get away from all the shows and activities catered for kids.

monorailguy01

that really bites, They should make all clubs 18 and older, I mean think about it, Bars sell beer and what not when theres people 18 in there, I can get in anyway because I am 22, I am just trying to help my fellow members on here or anywhere that can't get in. This has got to be the one thing that I can not stand about Disney, the night life really stinks for people who are 18,19, and 20.... But what are you going to do. I guess not much of anything, and what I don't get is the comedy club and adventures club sells liquor and you can get in when your 18, but you can't get into a club... So stupid...

Sorry for going on about this I know its not a big deal, but they should change the age....

PigletIsMyCat

This is awesome. I used to work nights at PI, I'd be out in the streets, and I was very surprised at the mixture of obnoxious teens wearing too little clothing, voracious drunks stumbling around, and families with tykes in strollers. I have only been to PI at night to drink/party/whatever ONCE. I was so irritated by the amount of strollers with crying children and the throngs of teenage girls that my buzz wore off quite fast. We have never been back to PI since. We just walk past it.

As far as the 18, 19, and 20 year olds with 'nothing to do', isn't that the same as every other place in the country? Old enough to 'party', but not old enough to drink. There are many other places the in between crowd can go. Disney Quest, for one. Shop at MP or WS. Eat somewhere. And let the adults have PI.

Epcot82Guy

Actually, Florida is one of the few states that allow the 18-20 crowd into the bars. It is a liability issue waiting to happen, and a sanction on Disney for underage drinking could be quite bad for PR. Believe me, I understand your point, but I think there is a compromise. I would sooner like to see them reduce the Boardwalk's ages to 18 since control there is much easier.

Rosso11

I really believe this means the end of the PI dance clubs. I feel as if they are doing this on purpose so attendance drops and they can abandon them completly and rent out the space. This move will absolutly not bring in more locals. Most locals who are of age would not be going to PI for the dance clubs. I just don't understand why they wouldn't have made this move before they opened up PI to everyone. If they truly wanted a 21 and up place they should have kept it closed off. Lets be honest they are extremly outdated for the most part. The club scene has changed so much in the last few years and PI has been left far behind. Lately there have been so many 18-20 year olds in the clubs because they have no where else to go and for an 18 year old on vacation PI is actually pretty cool. However, for anyone over 21 there are so many better options. If Disney is truly serious about having clubs that atract the over 21 crowd they need outside help. They need to rent this space out to established clubs out of Miami, New York or Vegas. This would draw more locals , tourists and the huge Orlando convention crowd.

slappy magoo

I really believe this means the end of the PI dance clubs. I feel as if they are doing this on purpose so attendance drops and they can abandon them completly and rent out the space. This move will absolutly not bring in more locals. Most locals who are of age would not be going to PI for the dance clubs. I just don't understand why they wouldn't have made this move before they opened up PI to everyone. If they truly wanted a 21 and up place they should have kept it closed off. Lets be honest they are extremly outdated for the most part. The club scene has changed so much in the last few years and PI has been left far behind. Lately there have been so many 18-20 year olds in the clubs because they have no where else to go and for an 18 year old on vacation PI is actually pretty cool. However, for anyone over 21 there are so many better options. If Disney is truly serious about having clubs that atract the over 21 crowd they need outside help. They need to rent this space out to established clubs out of Miami, New York or Vegas. This would draw more locals , tourists and the huge Orlando convention crowd.

You may have to chalk this up to different strokes. I think if I were single and lived nearby, I'd probably have an annual pass to PI and go quite often for various reasons. First of all, I do enjoy standup/improv, and it'd be great to be able to essentially have two comedy/cabaret clubs right next door to each other, and then have the option of going dancing if I were so inclined (while still also being close to so many restaurants and a multiplex). The security & atmosphere there, while not ideal, would probably be suitable to keep out most local dealers and gangs.

Now here's where the pig in me comes out.

In my experience, no matter where you go on vacation, there are always people, including women (last I checked, they were still considered, people right? Congress closed early, that's something I don't think theyh changed), looking for a reason to go a little nuts. If I were local, and if I were single, I figured I wouldn't be going to a club looking for true love anyway, right? I'd head to PI, where sooner or later you'd find the company of a lady, probably the only single or recently divorced member of a family gathering, maybe a group of female coworkers cutting it loose in Orlando, maybe single friends of a woman having her fairy tale wedding at WDW, and looking for the company of a devlishly handsome man like myself. OK, I'm not devilishly handsome, but I'm not too shabby when thrown into dim bar-style lighting. If they're looking to go a little nuts, then in that make-believe scenario, I could be their little nuts.

That did not sound right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom