Official Epcot 25th Celebration Events

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm still looking for an answer to this question too! I'll be there 11/25-11/30 and I'd LOVE to see the Epcot "retrospective" display. Somebody, please help answer this question! ;)

The info quoted here was from a cast brief communication. I don't think they gave a date for opening of the display. I saw in one area that Marty Skylar will make appearances over the weekend, so it would be my guess that that will be open before the first as well.

I have to believe that this is a significant display, taking weeks to set up and most likely to be open for months.

There haven't been any "official" Disney announcements that I have seen, hopefully within a week or so...

CSUFSteve

While the Year of a Million Dreams celebration continues across all of Walt Disney World, Guests who are visiting Epcot on October 1 will know they are a part of a special day as the park commemorates its anniversary in a number of ways:

As part of the celebration, Guests will be invited to take a stroll down memory lane with a Disney legend, Marty Sklar. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of children and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Guests can hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World Resort.

Guests visiting the park on October 1 will also be able to attend the rededication of the park.

In addition, Guests will have the opportunity to visit the Epcot 25th Anniversary Gallery to explore the fascinating journey that brought Epcot from dream to reality. This exclusive exhibit showcases concept art, models and memorabilia from the early days of Epcot.

No real news, but DVC member services read this off to me today as well. They said there was no other official news on Epcot's 25th nor any times, locations, etc. They said they get their CM reference guides a week before so to call back Monday. I've no doubt someone here will have info ahead of that!! :)

Magicot

A couple things:

1) Does anyone know exactly where the gallery could be exhibited in Epcot? Someone mentioned Innoventions. Are we looking at that area where the NASA stuff was shown or a covered up area in West or East? Maybe they've already been working on it in one of the concealed areas.

2) It was also mentioned that Marty Sklar will be giving his take on Epcot's past as well the resort's future. Could he be revealing new refurbishment plans? Imagination? More details on SSE?

jedimaster1227

A couple things:

1) Does anyone know exactly where the gallery could be exhibited in Epcot? Someone mentioned Innoventions. Are we looking at that area where the NASA stuff was shown or a covered up area in West or East? Maybe they've already been working on it in one of the concealed areas.

2) It was also mentioned that Marty Sklar will be giving his take on Epcot's past as well the resort's future. Could he be revealing new refurbishment plans? Imagination? More details on SSE?

1. Innoventions West. The parcel of exhibition space is quite large and sufficient for the gallery. The gallery itself is tentatively scheduled to remain through at least December. I took this one from a higher source, so trust me on this one. He was extrememly excited to provide me with the early details and will be providing me with scheduling details for Celebration 25 within the next few days.

2. Marty's seminars are cast only events. If we see any announcements on the future of Epcot, they will be made during the rededication...

Another note that wasn't included in the release to the cast:

National Treasures (the new American Adventure exhibit) will be dedicated on October 1st. Convenient, considering we have an American Adventure meet planned for Monday... Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge of that! :animwink:

Scott Powers will be releasing the public details in a new article for Epcot's 25th tomorrow on the Orlando Sentinel tourism page and in our local newspaper... Pick up a copy while you can! :animwink:

Jekyll_Baker

Scott Powers will be releasing the public details in a new article for Epcot's 25th tomorrow on the Orlando Sentinel tourism page and in our local newspaper... Pick up a copy while you can! :animwink:

Pleast - at least scan it, or post a link so that we unfortunate souls outside of central Florida can read it too. :wave:

TheBeatles

That doesn't rule out having Marty meet our group though... As I said, I am still working on some last minute projects... Don't be too upset yet... I have plenty of surprises for our group-especially those of you who are attending our dessert party! :animwink:

I'll live :)

One time I missed the chance to meet Marty Sklar and Tom Fitzgerald.

I'll be at the dessert party and can't wait to see what you have planned.

EPCOT.nut

That doesn't rule out having Marty meet our group though... As I said, I am still working on some last minute projects... Don't be too upset yet... I have plenty of surprises for our group-especially those of you who are attending our dessert party! :animwink:

We are going to have sooo much fun at the Dessert Party! :sohappy:

jedimaster1227

I'll live :)

One time I missed the chance to meet Marty Sklar and Tom Fitzgerald.

I'll be at the dessert party and can't wait to see what you have planned.

While I'm not making any promises, I can say that I'm working diligently on it... And he hasn't been the only one I've been working to get join us...

We are going to have sooo much fun at the Dessert Party! :sohappy:

Thats the idea! :animwink:

TheBeatles

While I'm not making any promises, I can say that I'm working diligently on it... And he hasn't been the only one I've been working to get join us... :animwink:

At this point, I'm 100% satisfied with what we have going on. So anything you can't pull off, no big deal because I am already happy.

Figments Friend

Marty Sklar will br there Sep. 28, 29, 30, Oct.1

There will a 4 min tag on ROE on Oct. 1 only. I heard they will double the product for a amazing one time show.

There will be a special party at World Showplace, maybe a 25 anniversary cake so everyone can share? Also, they will one - of - kind special items given away (or purchased) on this one day only.

The rededication ceremony will be similar to the original one 25 years ago. And it will start at exactly 10:01 (10/1 , get it?)

WOW!! Is this official?? I am literally sitting here with my mouth agape. Not at the fact that i arrive in town the night before Marty does ( very cool) BUT the often-fantasized-about special bonus additions to RoE!! HOLY (bleep!)!!!!

We have created a MONSTER!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

jedimaster1227

WOW!! Is this official?? I am literally sitting here with my mouth agape. Not at the fact that i arrive in town the night before Marty does ( very cool) BUT the often-fantasized-about special bonus additions to RoE!! HOLY (bleep!)!!!!

We have created a MONSTER!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I should be able to get confirmations on everything soon... I wouldn't be surprised though... But again, this isn't the only reason why our dessert party will be ultra special! :animwink:

Disney_Freak429

I should be able to get confirmations on everything soon... I wouldn't be surprised though... But again, this isn't the only reason why our dessert party will be ultra special! :animwink:

Adam, it will already be special just as it is. Being with all of my fellow Disney Freaks will be the true magic of the event.

I would kill to be within 5 feet of Marty but being there alone is worth everything to me. I am so blessed to be able to be there with everyone.

As for those who will not be able to be there I will give live text updates as much as I can during my trip. I will have pics & maybe video (From my phone). The video if it works will be uploaded to Youtube right away (while I am there) & will post a text update to let you know I posted a video. Pics will be up when I get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom