Official Epcot 25th Celebration Events

gbruenin

My other half has to catch a flight back Monday night (couldn't get out of stuff early Tuesday morning) so if you see a slightly forlorn merf wandering around World Showcase, feel free to say hello and adopt me.

Merf, for all the work you do keeping the rest of us updated with pics/news/etc, don't feel too forlorn...you'll have a 1000 new friends with you.

Gary

Figment82

Retro guide maps!! :D

I'm taking my video camera for sure, just to get my own personal footage of the event. But I'm happy to know that there will be so many other people filming so if for some reason I end up behind someone really tall at the Dessert party, I needn't worry. :)

GymLeaderPhil

So wait, they're doing something with the restaurant menus?

Disney is now planning a public "rededication ceremony" inside Epcot that day that will echo much of the original 1982 dedication. It also will have an exhibit hall dedicated to the park's first 25 years; a special "IlluminNations" light show at the close of the day; and retro guide maps, restaurant menus and other souvenirs.

Brett

I'm gonna be heading down on Oct 11th for the weekend. Any news as to how long the celebration will last? I'll be bummed if I miss out on all the glorious EPCOT Center-ish stuff.

cyberkode

My trip is planned for aug 28-30 and driving back on Oct 1.. I really hope I can either get another day off work and stay at least for some of Monday. I used to work at EPCOT at the Coral Reef Resturant during my CP during Jan-Aug 2003 so I am really jealous that I am not there now working, but I was there during the 100 years of magic and had a special name badge so that was cool. I wonder if EPCOT employees will have a special name badge for the 25th? I wonder if my old Disney ID will work to go to the CM events :fork:

Captain Hank

I had a feeling there would be...but I also thought the MK would get new ones when the Mansion reopened..
It's possible that HM maps will be phased in as the older maps get used up. I know it took several weeks after The Seas With Nemo and Friends officially opened for it to be featured on the guidemaps.

PKD

32633410.jpg

Polyman

Actually, it's a shot in the hallway of the Epcot Cast Services building. It's really decorated quite nicely for the 25th. The entire hallway has that red carpet you see. Both sides of the hallway are decorated with numerous trees that contain white twinkling lights. There are a lot of vintage photos and murals of the original construction and opening.:wave:

TinkerBell9988

In that poster in the picture from the article, it looks like "heaven's light" is shining on where the wand used to be (if you look at SSE from the inside of EPCOT)... It reminds me of the beginning of the Lion King when Rafiki presents Simba, and the sun comes out...

:lookaroun

:lol: It just looks so spiritual and renewing! :ROFLOL:

EDIT: I see the LaL stones near the bottom of the poster, so it is not, in fact, a view of SSE from the inside of the park. But the light in the poster does insinuate something... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom