Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

Maerj

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience needs to be replaced, but I'd rather see it replaced with a new attraction, one that ties into the overall theme of the pavillion, and in conjunction with an updated Journey Into Imagination.

I've been saying that I think they should retheme the whole thing to the Imagination Movers. Its a show on Playhouse Disney that's actually pretty good, lots of music and firly funny for a show aimed at preschoolers. They have an Idea Warehouse with all sorts of wacky rooms in it. They could change the ride into a tour of the Warehouse and let the Movers do a new 3D film.

Now, I know not everyone has seen the show but for the kids and families who have, they'll really be into it. For everyone else, they'll just think that its just something that was created just for the parks. It'd be a win-win situation.

nemofinder22

Was that supposed to make it look better? :lol:

money, money, money

Uhhh never said it was suppose too I posted what it looks like now unlike the old dated pic you posted above.

Clearly MK has the the superior TL which ends its themeing outside Rocket Tower Plaza...... yep.

Now back to a thread about the return of Captain EO.

Since the rumor turned out true I wonder how much truth is in the rest of it....:shrug:
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al120109a.htm
What has also come online in the meantime is the plan to return Captain EO to the Epcot version of the Imagination Institute as well, which is just one part of the larger Kodak pavilion in that Florida park. And the latest wrinkle is that the Oriental Land Company also wants in on the retro-fun and is looking to replace their current MicroAdventure! attraction at Tokyo Disneyland with Captain EO in 2010.

Figment1986

:lookaroun

:eek:

Nice way of holding your excitment.. If it's still playing around the holidays next year.. I might just get in line, while holding a FP for space.

Yep, hence the need for the AP... it's going to be a busy year flying back and forth to DL. We said if EO happened, might as well get an AP, as we'll be there in July for the 55th and September if an Expo happens. Might as well do the AP and throw in December for the holiday overlays :xmas:

Shamu and big bird misses you... :lookaroun

_Scar

and you prove my point. That photo is 12 years old. Disneyland no longer has those gold colors.

It's actually from 2004

meanwhile back in florida

Stitch%27s-Great-Escape-1.jpg

Dare I say it? I shall... it's better than nothing! :lol: Some people like SGE and nothing else seems to fit that small of a space unless combined with another building- which is highly unlikely.

I'm not going to bother with this since you have been told before by both Lee and Marni who have said it better than I ever could.

They've said Space Mountain is dinky? Where?

HMF

Some people like SGE and nothing else seems to fit that small of a space unless combined with another building- which is highly unlikely.
Some people like the Star Wars Holiday Special. Does that make it good?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I find it funny that the people complaining about the possibility of Captain Eo returning to Epcot are the exact same people who would be absolutely jumping for joy if TDO announced plans to rebuild Horizons.

_Scar

Some people like the Star Wars Holiday Special. Does that make it good?

I never said it was good- I said it was better than nothing. You can cancel and put on a classic Charlie Brown Christmas special on over Star Wars Holiday :lol:

PhantomX

I never said it was good- I said it was better than nothing. You can cancel and put on a classic Charlie Brown Christmas special on over Star Wars Holiday :lol:

That should be their slogan going foward.

Walt Disney World: At least its better than nothing!!

either that or "please give us money for our poor decisions!"

I don't know about you all, but I rather watch EO anyday then HISTA! We all have our loved and hated attractions, we all do and I for one am glad EO is coming back. :sohappy: Reminds me of watching horror movies from the 70's and 80's, they're so cheesy looking to us now, but we can't help watching them over and over again and have a good laugh. And ditto on what The Reason 14 said! There's been weeks after weeks that I go to the park and Image looks so sad and depressing and just blah.

PhantomX

I agree with you. I would say out of all the 3D attractions Disney has done over the years none of them were as good as Captain EO which was the first really popular 3D attraction to catch on. The news that Captain EO is making a comeback is dominating the local news in orange county and I have no doubt Tokyo will shortly announce the attraction for their Disneyland as well (MJ has always been hugely popular over there). I see the news poping up on all kinds of different forums and people who haven't been to Disneyland in years will be making a visit to see the attraction. It would be foolish if they don't bring it back here as well (and redo the imagination attraction next door while they are at it!)

tirian

I find it funny that the people complaining about the possibility of Captain Eo returning to Epcot are the exact same people who would be absolutely jumping for joy if TDO announced plans to rebuild Horizons.

The concept behind Horizons was future-thinking; I don't think anybody wants the exact same ride back. Captain EO reeks of 80s cheese, but it'll be fun for a year or so.

TP2000

Captain EO reeks of 80s cheese, but it'll be fun for a year or so.

Exactly. I'm a sucker for kitsch, regardless of the decade, and EO was 1980's kitsch personified. I can not wait to see this old friend again in February. :sohappy:

Really, this is the talk of SoCal this weekend. I ended up going to Disneyland this evening to see the brand new Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln show that opened today (and talk about AMAZING animatronics technology! This new Lincoln figure has incredible facial movement and realism!) and then I went to see HISTA for one last time. The entire pre-show queue was talking about the EO announcement, and the very attractive surfer girl hostess doing the pre-show spiel had to answer about a half-dozen questions about Captain EO on her way to the podium. :lol:

HISTA was tired and stale, and I was reminded why I haven't been to that show in Anaheim, Orlando or Tokyo in any of my park visits in the last 5 years. Captain EO will be huge this winter, and the lines for the show will be long at a theater that hasn't seen long lines since HISTA opened in 1998. And that alone will tell Team Disney Anaheim they made the right decision.

Now I just wonder when the announcements come for the Epcot Center and Tokyo Disneyland versions of Captain EO?

JEANYLASER

I've been saying that I think they should retheme the whole thing to the Imagination Movers. Its a show on Playhouse Disney that's actually pretty good, lots of music and firly funny for a show aimed at preschoolers. They have an Idea Warehouse with all sorts of wacky rooms in it. They could change the ride into a tour of the Warehouse and let the Movers do a new 3D film.

Now, I know not everyone has seen the show but for the kids and families who have, they'll really be into it. For everyone else, they'll just think that its just something that was created just for the parks. It'd be a win-win situation.

Yeah! I love Imagination Movers maybe a new 3-D movie starring the Imagination Movers will be nice for the kids! like me I love Imagination Movers!

Mr.EPCOT

A thought just occurred to me concerning the debate over whether or not this is taking advantage of Michael Jacksons death. I think the most important thing to consider is how the man and his family would feel about it. From what I've heard about how much he loved Disneyland, he'd be thrilled to have Captain EO back in the park. What his family might think, I have no idea, but I would think that the Disney executives received their blessing first.

SMRT-1

A thought just occurred to me concerning the debate over whether or not this is taking advantage of Michael Jacksons death. I think the most important thing to consider is how the man and his family would feel about it. From what I've heard about how much he loved Disneyland, he'd be thrilled to have Captain EO back in the park. What his family might think, I have no idea, but I would think that the Disney executives received their blessing first.

Of course there is advantage being taken.....even by his own brothers(they have their own reality show now)

Who would have thought that Captain EO would ever come back? The fans are getting what they want.......

Thrill Seeker

Personally I hope EO returns to Epcot. My question for those not happy about it is do you still go and watch HISTA? *silence* Didn't think so... This would give guests a reason to go over to the Imagination Pavilion and hopefully would spark the overhaul it so badly needs...

_Scar

That should be their slogan going foward.

Walt Disney World: At least its better than nothing!!

either that or "please give us money for our poor decisions!"

:brick:

Did you read at all what I posted?

The space is very small and limited. Would you rather have an empty show room? I don't think so.

jt04

Personally I hope EO returns to Epcot. My question for those not happy about it is do you still go and watch HISTA? *silence* Didn't think so... This would give guests a reason to go over to the Imagination Pavilion and hopefully would spark the overhaul it so badly needs...

Captain EO failed once at Epcot why repeat the error? HISTA has a similar problem in that it is dated and just never achieved "classic, timeless attraction" status. Disney should be directing their efforts towards that goal for the Imagination Pavilion instead of falling back to past failures.

Funny, many of the people who complain and use words like "tired" "stale" "unimaginative" "cheap" etc., also support binging back the failed EO. Odd.

lebeau

For the record, I don't want ANY dead attractions resurrected. I'd take a new attraction over Eo or Horizons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom