Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Hey...aren't you part of the 55th crowd? :p :lol:

Yep, hence the need for the AP... it's going to be a busy year flying back and forth to DL. We said if EO happened, might as well get an AP, as we'll be there in July for the 55th and September if an Expo happens. Might as well do the AP and throw in December for the holiday overlays :xmas:

_Scar

When the huge line develops at Captain EO in Disneyland this February, at the same theater that has had hundreds of empty seats for every HISTA show for nearly a decade, then perhaps WDW management will reconsider passing up on the WDI offer to re-install EO in to Epcot as well.

This EO news today is already HUGE here in SoCal media, and the lines will be epic for EO this winter. The radio stations are all talking about it, the TV news has blurbs on "film at 11!", and the local newspaper websites have bumped Obama's speech in Copenhagen down the page to cover this. Funny stuff! :lol:

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing EO again. I stopped going to HISTA years and years ago.

Goodness knows when I'm in WDW at my beloved Epcot I don't waste any time at HISTA there. So I'll make one last visit to HISTA at Disneyland this weekend, and then don't let the door hit you on the way out Professor Szalinski!

If this is more important than the president's speech, then I must ask: what is this country coming to? This really must be a slow news day if it's really on all the media outlets.

It's been reported that Disney has been considering this move (for DL at least) ever since his passing. Still, I'm not sure how they came to decision now, or even why it was on the table in the first place. :shrug:

This is right, although Al Lutz was one of the first to say "EO is back!" it was long rumored after his death.

Jasonflz

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: This is great to have. Hope we get it in Epcot again. Nice little tribute to Michael Jackson.

the-reason14

Good! Hopefully itll come back to epcot too. And for the people whining, how is eo worse than whats there now? Bringing eo back to epcot may actually cause attendance in the theater to go up. Its also temporary and may be the first step in getting a new show and refurb the imagination ride. And the bad part is..........

PhantomX

This is AWSOME news. I will be making a special trip to Disneyland to see it and do hope they have merchandise for the charecters as well. I also look foward to it returning to Epcot along with Dreamfinder and the REAL figment.

PhantomX

In your opinion, who's TLand is better?

Considering California now has Captain EO, a better Space Mountain, and soon Star Tours 2? Im gonna go with Disneyland's TL hands down.

Once they create a new version of the Peoplemover it will once again dominate.

_Scar

Considering California now has Captain EO, a better Space Mountain, and soon Star Tours 2? Im gonna go with Disneyland's TL hands down.

Once they create a new version of the Peoplemover it will once again dominate.

I can tell you haven't seen its new look, have you? :zipit:

it's baaaaad compared to what it used to look like

MarkTwain

In your opinion, who's TLand is better?

I've been to both, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I honestly don't think I could choose.

Here's a comparison of advantages and disadvantages:

Disneyland:
+ better Space Mountain ride
+ Star Tours
+ Tomorrowland Terrace (they have a cool stage that rises in and out of the ground)
+ Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (amazing experience)
+ Autopia (much more fun than the Indy Speedway
+ Monorail moving in and out of the land
= Buzz Lightyear (detachable guns, but not as good queue or screen room)
- Astro Orbitor (on the ground level, causes big traffic problems)
- Honey I Shrunk the Audience
- feels dead, no vitality, eg empty PeopleMover tracks, and non-moving sculpture where Oribtor should be

Magic Kingdom
+ bigger, cooler Space Mountain
+ Astro Orbitor (a much more beautiful centerpiece to the land than DL has)
+ TTA (this is a HUGE plus, in what it brings in vitality and theme to the land)
+ Carousel of Progress (another huge plus, in how well it really is what Tomorrowland is supposed to be all about)
+ Much more lively to be in, with a more unified theme, and more aesthetics and motion
= Buzz (not as high-tech as DL's, but better queue and has a "grander" feel, and not to mention the cool giant screen room)
- Stitch
- Indy Speedway
- arguably, MI Laugh Floor

I hope that's a good run-down of both lands. I guess you could say Disneyland has better attractions, and Magic Kingdom has a better overall atmosphere.

... What was the thread subject again?? :veryconfu :lookaroun

PhantomX

I can tell you haven't seen its new look, have you? :zipit:

it's baaaaad compared to what it used to look like

New look? Did the whole place change overnight? Tomorrowland has recovered tremendously from the 1998 debacle and is well on its to once again being the premium Tomorrowland. Restoring the blue/white/silver colors and creating a new submarine voyage attraction was just the start of the revival.

Meanwhile in florida there is abunch of toon rides, an old and dinky space mountain (now with arcade machines in the queue!), and a peoplemover with one goofy voicetrack.

_Scar

New look? Did the whole place change overnight? Tomorrowland has recovered tremendously from the 1998 debacle and is well on its to once again being the premium Tomorrowland. Restoring the blue/white/silver colors and creating a new submarine voyage attraction was just the start of the revival.

Meanwhile in florida there is abunch of toon rides, an old and dinky space mountain (now with arcade machines in the queue!), and a peoplemover with one goofy voicetrack.

I can only judge by photos, but from what I've seen a lot has changed- for the worst. There's some odd, ugly 'communicator' when Orbiter should be, gold/copper color scheme, Orbiter is on the ground (!)

rocketjets_orbitor2004.jpg

449420311_18c7303e12.jpg

rocketjets_observatron.jpg

dis04_23.jpg

IMO- 1955 TLand looks more inviting than what they currently have :lol:

I can't judge the rides, but I think the look of their TLand is :hurl: and therefore that's how I mold my opinion.

I have a question for you-

How is our Space Mountain dinky? It's a quite a long coaster that's pretty thrilling for Disney standars. And it's also pretty massive.

Arcade machines? An interactive queue is better than a boring queue. And these are by no means your 1970s arcade game. :lol: I've seen them close up, and honestly there pretty cool- I wish I hadn't used FP :(

Are toon rides really that bad? Some toon rides are amazing (Splash, Peter Pan, TSMM, etc). I don't get why people use this as a way of demeaning a land/park.

Have you heard DL's Peoplemover Audio? DL's was pretty wacky- more psychedelic. When I rode TTA a week ago the voice sounded pretty normal. It's just more tooned up- which I don't think is a big deal because I think it's better for kids. With that said, I don't think the spiel should affect the opinion of the ride at all. :lol: If people hate it so much, bring an iPod.

imagineer boy

Ugh, look, MJ was a very talented singer and dancer no question. But he wasn't the second coming of Christ, and this over-abundance of worship needs to stop. Bringing back Eo isn't going to help. :brick: Its just a cheesy dated movie you can watch on youtube.

_Scar

Was that supposed to make it look better? :lol:

Ugh, look, MJ was a very talented singer and dancer no question. But he wasn't the second coming of Christ, and this over-abundance of worship needs to stop. Bringing back Eo isn't going to help. Its just a cheesy dated movie you can watch on youtube.

money, money, money

If Disney makes a profit- they don't care if you're dead, alive... black, or white... yea yea yea

PhantomX

and you prove my point. That photo is 12 years old. Disneyland no longer has those gold colors.

changes4_monorail2009.jpg

MarkVIIdarkbeer2.jpg

162742142_8c6805436b.jpg

eo.jpg

topten_EO_Fuzzball.jpg

meanwhile back in florida

Stitch%27s-Great-Escape-1.jpg

How is our Space Mountain dinky? It's a quite a long coaster that's pretty thrilling for Disney standars. And it's also pretty massive.

I'm not going to bother with this since you have been told before by both Lee and Marni who have said it better than I ever could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom