offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

Erika

It continues to amaze me not only how readily people are willing to fight but what they are actually willing to fight about. :brick:

It is possible to discuss and even disagree without resorting to bullying or namecalling. Please give it a try.

The Mom

Premium Member
Excuse me, but I don't predict any banning. :shrug:

As someone else mentioned, some people saw something offensive, some people saw it after they looked at it after the offensiveness was mentioned, and others still don't see it.

I see rudeness in people telling others WHAT they SHOULD be seeing, and implying that they KNOW what the designer had in mind.

I believe the OP has gotten the information he wanted, and will write to WDW about what he considers an offensive shirt. IMO, it isn't, but that's only MY opinion. But for someone to come on here and post that anyone who does or doesn't see something offensive is either wrong or lying WILL be headed toward a banning.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Other like MTK and yourself 2 children who need to learn manners and respect for people and not think your high and mighty.

Most of my posts in this thread were done in jest. The only things in life I take seriously are my job and my relationships with my family, friends, and girlfriend. It takes quite a bit to offend me, and I try to think that people are strong enough to read through sarcasm and see that it is just my sense of humor.

If my attempts to add some levity to this thread were misinterpreted, please allow me to apologize.

I notice that the opening poster is from the UK and have a theory why people are seeing a suggestive image on the Everest shirt.

A popular clothing brand worn in the UK by what Americans would term trailer trash is the brand 'Kappa' whose symbol is that of a man and a women sitting back to back (shown below), unfortunately if you place your hand over the top half of the image in line with the top of the knees you create what appears to be the image of the open legs of a person and I think some are seeing a resemblance between the two.
logo600.gif

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
First off jvmd, I wasn't asking for a discussion with you and second I was stating a fact. It's people such as yourself who are just cocky, and looking either to be funny or make a joke thinking your reply is funny. I don't think or find you funny in the least. Seeing I've had enough of this site and the rude people on it I'll let you be the one who gets it seeing your reply to my post wasn't asked for. Jerk.
This site has many people such as yourself that are not only rude but think they own the rights to Disney World discussion boards. Many people who are first time posters get rude comments from members like you. I guess it's jerks like you that give Disney sites like this bad names.
I doubt very much anyone will allow this post to last long, but they allow people such as yourself to post cocky comments and look for fights in type. That is the way this site works. As I said, my last post because this site has way too many people with way too much time on their hands (1000's of posts, get a life). Disney World is a vacation place, it's not YOURS so please stop thinking that it's a way of life. Some are so rude as to actually attack people through this site (Brad Rex and others) with postings and attacking their work with Disney as if they not only know their job but can do it.
This site does has some friendly and helpful people. Other like MTK and yourself 2 children who need to learn manners and respect for people and not think your high and mighty.
In closing, I hope a few new people read this and understand that some people are actually nice on here. Not all are jerks such as you.
I know, I know my rights to use the boards have been suspended...big deal.

I find that very offensive, I DO have a life thank you! :mad:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Most of my posts in this thread were done in jest. The only things in life I take seriously are my job and my relationships with my family, friends, and girlfriend. It takes quite a bit to offend me, and I try to think that people are strong enough to read through sarcasm and see that it is just my sense of humor.

If my attempts to add some levity to this thread were misinterpreted, please allow me to apologize.
PS. I was also the person who provided the original poster with the desired contact information he/she had requested.

jmvd20

First off jvmd, I wasn't asking for a discussion with you and second I was stating a fact. It's people such as yourself who are just cocky, and looking either to be funny or make a joke thinking your reply is funny. I don't think or find you funny in the least. Seeing I've had enough of this site and the rude people on it I'll let you be the one who gets it seeing your reply to my post wasn't asked for. Jerk.
This site has many people such as yourself that are not only rude but think they own the rights to Disney World discussion boards. Many people who are first time posters get rude comments from members like you. I guess it's jerks like you that give Disney sites like this bad names.
I doubt very much anyone will allow this post to last long, but they allow people such as yourself to post cocky comments and look for fights in type. That is the way this site works. As I said, my last post because this site has way too many people with way too much time on their hands (1000's of posts, get a life). Disney World is a vacation place, it's not YOURS so please stop thinking that it's a way of life. Some are so rude as to actually attack people through this site (Brad Rex and others) with postings and attacking their work with Disney as if they not only know their job but can do it.
This site does has some friendly and helpful people. Other like MTK and yourself 2 children who need to learn manners and respect for people and not think your high and mighty.
In closing, I hope a few new people read this and understand that some people are actually nice on here. Not all are jerks such as you.
I know, I know my rights to use the boards have been suspended...big deal.

I'm acting high and mighty? You come on here acting high and mighty telling people here what to do and what not to do. Basically telling people not to discuss things on a discussion board. I do not remember ever once resorting to personal insults yet you call me a jerk how many times?

What I think is rude is coming into this thread and basically telling everyone here to get a life. If my post offended you that badly then so be it. Just remember that I hold nothing against you even though you have resorted to petty name calling and personal attacks.

Shiloh

I think the "Scream like a girl" tag is offensive for a different reason. It is implying only girls scream at "scary things". Well, men and boys can scream too..it is not unmanly to do so as the tag implies.

The Mom

Premium Member
Again, the OP has the information he requested. I do believe that there is no more to discuss...either you see whatever (ever see that episode of "Everyone Loves Raymond" where his mother takes a sculpting class and creates something "offensive?") or you don't .(or didn't until it was brought to your attention) Either you believe that the person who designed the tee did this on purpose, or you don't.

Now, please feel free to discuss this forever, but nothing will change the above facts. All I ask is that you stop the name calling and ridiculing that I'm seeing from both sides of the issue. If not, I WILL get angry and lock this thread. :mad:

JML42691

C'mon guys, lets not get Mom angry...

And yes, I have seen that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Such a shame to see the show go (and the fact that I watched the last episode from an emergency room:(

CoffeeJedi

...I wasn't asking for a discussion...
Um, forgive my naivete, but then why are you here? :shrug:

The only thing glaringly offensive to me is the gross misspelling of the word "offensive" in the post title. Did anyone else make that joke yet? 11 pages huh? I bet someone already made that joke........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom