offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

dazzer68

Original Poster
hi last year when i was in wdw i bought an everest tshirt (after id just been on the soft opening ride),in feb 2006, ive worn it twice (its disney so i lookafter it) and on the occasions ive worn it people look at it with disgust and it wasnt until my sister pointed it out to me that it lloks like a women on her back with her legs open! and undermeath it says 'scream like a girl!'
see pic, i wanted to know how i could get in touch with disney and what there comments were .any one know.looking at the shirt now and if you didnt know what the shirt was for it does look like a woman on her back! and im not comfortable wearing it any more!
DSC01657.jpg
any one know what to do?

dolbyman

err .. for me it looks like the everest siluette ... either wear it .. keep it off :shrug:

this somehow reminds me of this dolphins picture .. those with a clean mind see dolphins .. the other peeps with dirty stuff on their minds see .. well a couple doin the bees and flower thing :lol:

C&D

Those people that saw that, in the silhouette, should work for Disney because they have one heck of an imagination. That looks like a pretty cool shirt to me. If I had to look at that pattern abstractly, it looks more like a dead chicken after it has been run over by a car. :)

dazzer68

Original Poster
but im not the kinda guy who likes to cause offence or stand out i like to blend in and be nice! but can anyone see what i mean by the woman? or is it cause now ive been told i can see it?...noi doesnt say that on the back! theres an tiny eblem that reads disney animal kingdom expedetion everest in very small writing!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think you're worried about nothing. At the most it's your sister's vivid imagination at play. If you look at any graphic that isn't a photo-quality reproduction but rather a sketch, there will be people who see all sorts of things. There were people who complained that McDonald's "Golden Arches" represented the same thing, a woman's legs in an inappropriate position...

I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Kerby626

Hey people will see what they want. I admit I did see what your sister is saying. But you know what, it's cool. Disney made it, let them take it up with them. I'll give you an example....Besides being a Marine I'm into custom made knives. Mick Strider, who makes my knives has an insignia for his knives. If you look at it a certain way you can see something offensive. A friend was asked to remove his t-shirt with said insignia on it, while at DL.

mick-1.jpg

If this violates any board rules please remove it.

Nansafan

The only thing that I see wrong with the shirt is the color. My brother and I loved the shirt and were disappointed that it only came in red. We love the "scream like a girl" logo. Some people see pictures in the Rorsach images, other people see just ink blots. Wear the shirt if you want.

capellt

that's crazy, Does the shirt have any disney world logos on it? usually disney is good about slapping their logo on their somwhere.

I don't see it a problem, I would wear it either way, but then again I don't care so much what people think....at the same token, I see where she states it looks like a woman.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
One for the arm chair phsyciatrists i think.

To me I see an artist that has a drink problem, either that it was made during a quake

JustPlainBill

Sorry. I've tried very hard to see what you say you see, and I don't see it.
I have a great imagination (so I've been told) and have "right brain" tendencies. I have also been known to let my mind fall into the gutter on occaision. The image just is not there. I'd wear the shirt and tell anyone who complains to see a shrink, they have issues.

Joepic

hahahaa, that's funny. I can almost see what your talking about, but I definitely see the mountains first. Anyone who can notice 'that' right off the bat has a dirty mind.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
If you'd like to dissect that statement, it could refer to the higher pitch of a females voice which could translate to a higher pitched and more audible scream.

Or maybe I'm just putting as much thought into this as the OP.

The only way it could be a woman on her back would be if she were a badly drawn klan member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom