offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

Erika

Its me the OP, im very sorry for starting this thread seems to have caused alot of falling out, it wasnt meant to start a debate on everest, english american relations, american comedy shows, english spelling (color vs colour),hidden messages, rude things in rides,degoratory terms,urban legends, anything like that at all.

i just wanted to know if any one else could see it and could i have a contact address.

please dont let this go on and beat the 'WDW picture of the day' which i much more valid than arguing over a picture on my t shirt.

g'or blimey gov, love a duck, whats up with your boat race, up the apple and pears, its not really like mary poppins at all!

Please don't feel bad. The fact that it turned into anything nasty is no reflection on you, just the state of things. Sometimes you never know what is going to set people off. It's too bad, but it happens.

slappy magoo

That period was the "golden age" of SNL in my opinion. That was when they had Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Mike Myers, Chris Farley and Dennis Miller. Best SNL cast ever!!

ok, NOW this thread has offended me! To call the late 80s-early 90s era SNL the "golden age" makes the corpses of John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Michael O'Donoghue & Chevy Chase's sense of humor spin like a dreidel manhandled by an an ecstasy abuser having a seizure in a tornado. Buy the 1st season box set, skip the first disc where they were still figuring out how to do it, watch the rest and see all other casts as the mere caretakers to the legacy that they are.

Besides, the first year with Will Ferrel & Cheri Oteri is still better than the Wayne's World-era claptrap. I'm an anonymous poster on a wdw discussion board do obviously, I know what I'm talking about.

Erika

ok, NOW this thread has offended me! To call the late 80s-early 90s era SNL the "golden age" makes the corpses of John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Michael O'Donoghue & Chevy Chase's sense of humor spin like a dreidel manhandled by an an ecstasy abuser having a seizure in a tornado. Buy the 1st season box set, skip the first disc where they were still figuring out how to do it, watch the rest and see all other casts as the mere caretakers to the legacy that they are.

Besides, the first year with Will Ferrel & Cheri Oteri is still better than the Wayne's World-era claptrap. I'm an anonymous poster on a wdw discussion board do obviously, I know what I'm talking about.

:ROFLOL: :sohappy: :wave:

jmvd20

Its me the OP, im very sorry for starting this thread seems to have caused alot of falling out, it wasnt meant to start a debate on everest, english american relations, american comedy shows, english spelling (color vs colour),hidden messages, rude things in rides,degoratory terms,urban legends, anything like that at all.

i just wanted to know if any one else could see it and could i have a contact address.

please dont let this go on and beat the 'WDW picture of the day' which i much more valid than arguing over a picture on my t shirt.

g'or blimey gov, love a duck, whats up with your boat race, up the apple and pears, its not really like mary poppins at all!

A lot of times threads will go off on a tangent from what they were originally intended to be. You start talking about a flower at MGM and somehow the wand gets brought up, then monorail expansion and 5th, 6th, 7th gates etc...

You don't have anything to be sorry about for starting the thread. After all topics here are meant to be discussed and this one definitely has/had a discussion going! :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I still find the username 'mickster' to be a derogatory term towards the irish :lookaroun

Surely that would be Mick (but only if you are left footed), or tattie howker, or boggy, or Declan, or Paddy or Seamus.:drevil:

As for spelling its the Queens English, so were right your wrong and besides most of its latin or french anyway. No Presidents involved.

cmothemoose

I saw the first 2 pages of this thread, then skipped to the end. Clearly it has gotten a bit off topic, but that is one of the things I love about threads like these. But in keeping with the original intent... I think the artist/s that designed that shirt got away with one. Not unlike some Disney movie cover art or background effects (you know what I mean). This has very little in common with the actual outline of EE. It does look like some X rated art work we used to do as kids though. Too bad.... I like the "Scream Like a Girl" bit.

JikoMarie

The OP is from the UK and the word offense is spelled offence there. Check out the British movie from the 70's entitled The Offence. Sean Connery plays a cop who kills a suspect while trying to beat a confession out of him.

Since everyone else is getting off topic, so will I.

Are you sure that offencive is correct? I happen to use British spelling being raised in Canada and, while I know that "offence" is an acceptable spelling of the American "offense", according to all dictionaries I have consulted "offencive" is not a word. While I do not find the use of "offencive" offensive, I think the poster who pointed out the mistake was correct.

JikoMarie

Alright. I just showed that image to two more people without saying anything about it and after reading the "Scream Like A Girl" part, they immediately saw the woman in a childbirth position. So they must have B-I-G imaginations too!

CRO-Magnum

After careful review and consideration...

hi last year when i was in wdw i bought an everest tshirt (after id just been on the soft opening ride),in feb 2006, ive worn it twice (its disney so i lookafter it) and on the occasions ive worn it people look at it with disgust and it wasnt until my sister pointed it out to me that it lloks like a women on her back with her legs open! and undermeath it says 'scream like a girl!'
see pic, i wanted to know how i could get in touch with disney and what there comments were .any one know.looking at the shirt now and if you didnt know what the shirt was for it does look like a woman on her back! and im not comfortable wearing it any more!

... I'd be mad that I paid for a shirt my 5 year old could have made. In all honesty I think it's a cool shirt and no, it's not offensive.

Interestingly if you look closely you can imagine either a woman laying horizontally with her head and long hair to the right, or a woman laying prone with legs spread with the two dark patches on the white comprising her inner thighs, but I could only see this after up'ing my dosage of Vicodin past the dose recommended for horses.

sillyspook13

... I'd be mad that I paid for a shirt my 5 year old could have made. In all honesty I think it's a cool shirt and no, it's not offensive.

Interestingly if you look closely you can imagine either a woman laying horizontally with her head and long hair to the right, or a woman laying prone with legs spread with the two dark patches on the white comprising her inner thighs, but I could only see this after up'ing my dosage of Vicodin past the dose recommended for horses.
I saw a spider...:lookaroun

JML42691

Since everyone else is getting off topic, so will I.

Are you sure that offencive is correct? I happen to use British spelling being raised in Canada and, while I know that "offence" is an acceptable spelling of the American "offense", according to all dictionaries I have consulted "offencive" is not a word. While I do not find the use of "offencive" offensive, I think the poster who pointed out the mistake was correct.
The one thing that you have to remember is that when it comes to movie titles, Spellcheck is turned off. Like the recent movie, The Pursuit of Happyness...
Or are we back on topic now???:confused:

Timmay

Thread of the year, people...thread of the year!! :lol:

I showed the pic around the L&D floor at the hospital...not one person said it looked like a woman. One even said, "Hey, that's Everest at Disney World...have you been there yet". Just classic.

JikoMarie

The one thing that you have to remember is that when it comes to movie titles, Spellcheck is turned off. Like the recent movie, The Pursuit of Happyness...
Or are we back on topic now???:confused:

But it was spelled "Happyness" on purpose . . . to coincide with how the non-English speaking person who owned the pre-school spelled it.

CoffeeJedi

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom