offencive wdw everest tshirt..help?

mickster

Tricky, aren't I? I really thought people wouldn't care to hear that part again.

Oh please! :rolleyes: Obviously, omitting that part of my post makes your own argument appear stronger.

Maybe if you would've posted that after you asked that, I'd think that you're open-minded when it comes to Everest.

In what way have I come across as not "open-minded when it comes to Everest"? Because I don't agree with you that it's an awesome attraction? I wasn't impressed with it, so it MUST mean that I'm closed-minded right? :rolleyes: It seems to me, that attitude in and of itself is closed-minded.

Yea, other than the fact the guy who made two everest-hate threads thinks an everest T-Shirt was intended to be dirty, they have nothing in common.

The only thing they have in common is the fact that it happens to be Everest on the t-shirt. How is that MY doing? Have there been other "dirty t-shirt" threads about other attractions that I've conveniently ignored or something? My comments on this thread have been about the t-shirt, not the ride. In fact, I even stated in this thread that I didn't think the drawing even looked like Everest. It could just as easily have been about Splash Mountain (an attraction I happen to love by the way) and if I saw something that looked like an offensive image, you'd still be reading the same comments from me. You're the one who is obsessed with making me out to be an "Everest hater". I'm not sure why.

Oh, and for the record, I don't hate Everest. I've actually gone to great lengths in these "other threads" (particularly the one that was deleted) to make that point clear. But you and others choose to ignore those parts of my posts.

mickster

The only thing glaringly offensive to me is the gross misspelling of the word "offensive" in the post title. Did anyone else make that joke yet? 11 pages huh? I bet someone already made that joke........

:lol: I thought the same thing, but surprisingly I think you're the first to point it out.

jmvd20

The only thing glaringly offensive to me is the gross misspelling of the word "offensive" in the post title. Did anyone else make that joke yet? 11 pages huh? I bet someone already made that joke........

:lol:

Nope, I think you got it first.

I noticed it but didn't want to risk offending anyone by pointing it out...:)

The Mom

Premium Member
:lol: I thought the same thing, but surprisingly I think you're the first to point it out.

Perhaps the rest of us feel that remarks about spelling and gramatical errors are rude. ;) BTW, any post pointing out someone else's spelling/grammatical error will inevitably contain one. ;)

mickster

Wear it proudly! I bought one of those shirts and didn't see that at all and I have a mind that is quick to see all things dirty. :D

I get a kick out of how people qualify that they don't see it, by pointing out that they have dirty minds themselves. :lol:

In reality, I honestly don't think a "dirty mind" is what's required to see the image. But it makes for a convenient way to make people feel guilty for seeing it, and at the same time adds a bit of false credibility to those who claim they do not see it (i.e. "Hey, my mind is in the gutter and even I don't see it!"). I think what's required to see it is really a heightened sensitivity to what others may find offensive. If anyone on here happens to work in an HR department, then you probably know that most sexual harassment policies (and sexual harassment laws for that matter) are geared toward this mindset. The idea is to create a more respectful environment by understanding that what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. I realize this is a message board and not a workplace, but it's too bad the same ideals aren't in place where this topic is concerned. Instead of people saying, "You know, it's not something that personally offends me, but I can see how it might be taken offensively.", people instead seem to have the attitude of, "I don't see anything wrong with it, so those who do need to lighten up."

For the record, I do see it (and saw it immediately) but am not at all offended by it (nor am I offended by that "mud flap" logo that someone posted, or the photo of that tree from Snow White, or that massage toy from Epcot.):wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I still find the username 'mickster' to be a derogatory term towards the irish :lookaroun

mickster

I still find the username 'mickster' to be a derogatory term towards the irish :lookaroun

:lol: I actually came up with the name because I was imagining the "copy machine guy" from Saturday Night Live talking to Mickey Mouse...

"The Mickster!! Mick-meister!! Mick-o-rama!! Making some copies!!"

mkt

Premium Member
:lol: I actually came up with the name because I was imagining the "copy machine guy" from Saturday Night Live talking to Mickey Mouse...

Good ole Rob Schneider portraying Richard the copy guy

jmvd20

I hadn't thought of that skit in a long time. Used to watch SNL all the time back in the good old days. It actually was my favorite show for a long time.

Rufus T Firefly

Um, forgive my naivete, but then why are you here? :shrug:

The OP is from the UK and the word offense is spelled offence there. Check out the British movie from the 70's entitled The Offence. Sean Connery plays a cop who kills a suspect while trying to beat a confession out of him.

mickster

I hadn't thought of that skit in a long time. Used to watch SNL all the time back in the good old days. It actually was my favorite show for a long time.

That period was the "golden age" of SNL in my opinion. That was when they had Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Mike Myers, Chris Farley and Dennis Miller. Best SNL cast ever!!

CoffeeJedi

The OP is from the UK and the word offense is spelled offence there. Check out the British movie from the 70's entitled The Offence. Sean Connery plays a cop who kills a suspect while trying to beat a confession out of him.
In that case, I'm offended by the blatantly British spelling of that word! 'Cuz if anyone knows offensive, its us Americans!

mkt

Premium Member
In that case, I'm offended by the blatantly British spelling of that word! 'Cuz if anyone knows offensive, its us Americans!
Cor Blimey Guvnor!

Chocks away, Tally Ho!

Bah, Humbug. Balderdash!

A bobby in a lorrie!

dazzer68

Original Poster
Its me the OP, im very sorry for starting this thread seems to have caused alot of falling out, it wasnt meant to start a debate on everest, english american relations, american comedy shows, english spelling (color vs colour),hidden messages, rude things in rides,degoratory terms,urban legends, anything like that at all.

i just wanted to know if any one else could see it and could i have a contact address.

please dont let this go on and beat the 'WDW picture of the day' which i much more valid than arguing over a picture on my t shirt.

g'or blimey gov, love a duck, whats up with your boat race, up the apple and pears, its not really like mary poppins at all!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Its me the OP, im very sorry for starting this thread seems to have caused alot of falling out, it wasnt meant to start a debate on everest, english american relations, american comedy shows, english spelling (color vs colour),hidden messages, rude things in rides,degoratory terms,urban legends, anything like that at all.

i just wanted to know if any one else could see it and could i have a contact address.

please dont let this go on and beat the 'WDW picture of the day' which i much more valid than arguing over a picture on my t shirt.

g'or blimey gov, love a duck, whats up with your boat race, up the apple and pears, its not really like mary poppins at all!
Don't be sorry, thread swerve is a common occurrence on message boards, the good news is no-one is blaming you for any of this. And somewhere in there I gave you the Guest Relations e-mail address and MKT gave you three snail-mail addresses to actually deal with what you see as a concern with the company and its merchandise.

If it were really nasty in here, The Mom would have locked it down...

Laura

Premium Member
.....cocky.....rude......Jerk......rude....rude....bad....cocky...rude...high and mighty....jerks.

Nice use of inflammatory adjectives! :lookaroun

Oh wait, was there some content between them? :lookaroun

I have many thousands posts, and I'm proud to have no life! :D

Its me the OP, im very sorry for starting this thread seems to have caused alot of falling out

You could post about ceiling fans and people will find a way to bicker about it. :lol: Don't sweat it!

I'm actually not even sure I understand what everyone is arguing over. :shrug: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom