Oddest thing you pack?

DisneyGigi

Oops! I forgot- we bring our own fitted sheets. As DVC members- they don't clean/make beds daily. (unless you pay extra) My hubby and I got tired of making the bed every day with the flat sheets they use. We just cover them with our own fitted sheets. I'd rather trust my own anyway.

Plus- I can't live without my Tide pen.... Nah-nah- nah- nah-
Nah-nah-nah-nah Hey- Goodbye!

We stayed in a value and our beds were bad/changed daily. :wave:

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

It's the Vacation Club- they empty trash and replace towels on day 3 or 4 and that's it. You can pay $25 a day for daily housekeeping services. We choose to bring our own Chlorox wipes, windex, etc and save the money. This means making our own beds. :( We simply replace dirty towels with the clean pool towels when we need fresh ones.

It's a small price to pay to stay in the deluxe resorts every trip.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I pack almost my entire medicine cabinet:
Pepto
over the counter allergy meds
Tylenol (adults & kids)
Motrin (adults & kids)
Tums
antibiotic cream
hydrocortizone cream

I don't want to have to purchase them at the resort (too pricey).

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I pack almost my entire medicine cabinet:
Pepto
over the counter allergy meds
Tylenol (adults & kids)
Motrin (adults & kids)
Tums
antibiotic cream
hydrocortizone cream

I don't want to have to purchase them at the resort (too pricey).

Yup, me too, I almost need a separate bag for the pharmacy :lol:

Upvote 0

C.M.O

when my dd was little i brought down plug covers for the outlets. I am very sad to hear that the dawn travel dish wipes are not around anymore, I brought those too :cry: they came in very handy.

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

I added the Clorox Wipes LOL the Hamper, great idea.
I went to wal-Mart and purchased a travel container to put dish soap in. the covers snaps tightly but I put it in a zip-lock along with the toiletries just in case. I also bring laundry detergent. and our refillable mugs from the last year. as long as we are staying at the same hotel

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I added the Clorox Wipes LOL the Hamper, great idea.
I went to wal-Mart and purchased a travel container to put dish soap in. the covers snaps tightly but I put it in a zip-lock along with the toiletries just in case. I also bring laundry detergent. and our refillable mugs from the last year. as long as we are staying at the same hotel

Now a question about the refillable mugs. I have the mug from this year which has "A Year of a Million Dreams" design on it and the year 2007 written on it. I was told all the resorts had the same mug design this year. Would you be able to bring that mug again next year or would they be coming out with a new mug design. And no I'm not trying to be cheap - we bought those things and hardly used them!

*Nevermind - just discovered a thread on this topic!

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I'm there with the pillowcases, Breathe Right strips, and coat hangers. We also take marmite.

Infuture we'll be taking some kind of disinfectant wipe too - I'm from the UK so I suppose our equivalent is Domestos wipes? :shrug:

Upvote 0

jalpcm

Any suggestions on the type of fan to bring? I too can't sleep without a fan, but have never thought of bringing one along. That's really the only part of the trip I don't like because I am never able to get a good nights sleep. So if any of ya'll can share with me the type of fan you pack that would be great.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

My friends and I pack glow sticks also. We go to the dollar store and they sell like 15 glowsticks for $1. So we pack those and we have them for the night time events and when we have a few extras we give them to the kids around us. It is better than the the amount disney charges!

I like that - spread some pixie dust!:D

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Any suggestions on the type of fan to bring? I too can't sleep without a fan, but have never thought of bringing one along. That's really the only part of the trip I don't like because I am never able to get a good nights sleep. So if any of ya'll can share with me the type of fan you pack that would be great.

I have a Pollenex PureAir fan. It's suppose to be filtering the air, more than cooling the room, but all I really care about is the humming noise. It has an odd shape, but sits nicely on the nightstand, or floor if necessary.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

We always bring our old mugs....even the resort specific ones. Noone has ever said anything to us.

They make so much money off of our family's 2 or 3 trips a year- what's a little coke/coffee?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom