Oddest thing you pack?

dizzney

I always bring our own coffee, collapsible laundry hamper (can't live without it) lots of wipes, been buying the CVS brand car wipes (the small containers fit in my pocketbook) and last trip we bought the DVC soft sided cooler and carried it around the parks, it was great and now I use at home for soccer games etc.

I was actualy thinking though of getting those www.ownerslocker.com being advertised now to reduce the amount we bring and leave it there, has anyone actually used them? And are they worth it? :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

We bring pillows ourselves...not for us, but for our kids. Have you thought about using on of the space saving bags? They even make ones that you don't need to vacuum out - you just smash the contents (kind of rolling them) to get the air out...convenient!

Ooohh, thank you - I'm going to look into that!!!

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

Since we fly, I'm limited to what I can take from home, unfortunately:

Kleenex Splash n' Go whipes travel packs
small flashlight
nightlight for bathroom
Shout whipes
Stridex Facewhipes to go

These items I never leave home without!

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

I didn't think with was odd, but we always take our pillows. We take three one for DH and two for me.

I also never leave for any trip without the flannel quilt my mom made for me. I use it to cover up instead of the blanket on the bed.

We are also DVC members and we take our own dish tabs for the dishwasher and detergent for the washer. (We wash alot with a 6 mo old)

Niki

Upvote 0

wdwsog

Yep, saw that episode and since then have never left for any trip without the trusty wipes. We also bring plasticware as well as Lock N Lock containers. Just in case, to bring some Magic home. As far as sleeping through the night, I'm one that has to run the TV.

never saw the episode, but we also take off the bedpseads. Does anyone know if you can request that they remove them or do you guys just keep them in the room?

Upvote 0

foldmama

Hi All:

I always bring the following:
Nightlight
Wash and Toss for mugs
tart burner and soy tarts (I hate the smell of hotel rooms and housekeeping always stops me to ask why the room smells so wonderful.)
breakfast bars
Sweet & Low
Clorox Wipes
Zip Lock Bags
Charmin Wet Toilet Tissue

Love the idea of the mesh laundry bag - definitely going to bring one in December.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

My own CO/Smoke Alarm,folding scisors, and a plug in boot dryer. Actually I bring alot of wierd stuff....usually always use sometime during the week though.

Upvote 0

cooleo

I always pack those Dixie Cups, disposable. Have to be careful how you pack them or they get squished!

I also bring a collapsable laundry hamper, fits nicely in the suitcase. Then my dirty stuff isn't all over the floor or just stuffed in a suitcase.

Extra ziplock bags in all sizes...always find uses for them.

Crystal lite pouches for bottled water.

Straws....many places don't have them.....

I think I better start packing those wipes....I'm getting the creepies! :lookaroun

So am I! I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread. Now I won't be able to go without the wipes. :lol:

Upvote 0

msmith

Wifey takes care of the 'we must bring it' list, but I put my bits in too...

Laptop w/ GPS receiver and mapping system (she can sit in the back of the van w/ the boy and let me know when/where we are ;)

Xbox - have a console with about 40 games stored in it on an internal drive. Makes for a nice quick game if I so desire, but mainly is used as a DVD player for junior. (he's GOTTA have his Wiggles videos! :D )

Refrigerator - yeah... I'm that person... The fridge that you can rent for $10.00 a day is just junk. Doesn't really get that cold, and forget about even hinting at a need/desire for ice. Last trip I went and bought a dorm sized fridge/freezer (real freezer) combo and loaded it into the van... Stands up perfectly in back, and I could carry it to my room if I had to, but usually get a luggage cart. Cost me $120.00 (rental would've been $70.00) and I can actually refreeze our 'ice packs' for the ice chest that last all day. Alternatively, the milk that we bring with us in the ice chest on the ride up will last us all week. Beer? Yeah... Forget $16.00 per six pack... ;)

Upvote 0

lumpydj

Sweet N Low (can never find it there), WetNaps, Tide Pen, collapsable hamper, Disney spraybottle with Fan, 6 princess dresses (for DD) - NEVER wears them all, and Disney trivia cards (from Trivial Pursuit) - comes in handy when lines are long. DH and DD like to pack those "hillbilly" teeth...:eek: :hammer:

Upvote 0

Sadiebird

I pack heavy duty Home Depot Electrical clamps. I use them to put up a "wall" in our room between us and our 2 year old son. He sleeps better when he's in his own little "room". I use the blanket from the second bed to make the wall. With moving around the furniture, I can usually clamp the blanket to a bed post and a tall lamp or chair.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I always pack those Dixie Cups, disposable. Have to be careful how you pack them or they get squished!

I also bring a collapsable laundry hamper, fits nicely in the suitcase. Then my dirty stuff isn't all over the floor or just stuffed in a suitcase.

Extra ziplock bags in all sizes...always find uses for them.

Crystal lite pouches for bottled water.

Straws....many places don't have them.....

I think I better start packing those wipes....I'm getting the creepies! :lookaroun

They have straws everyplace except for AK. Straws are forbidden in AK because of the animals.

We always bring our christmas lights that we hang on our balcony since we are there just after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Being a total germ-a- phobe I always pack
Clorox Wipes and Spray Lysol, and hand sanatizer/wipes!
Spray Strarch for ironing, if needed
Propel packets for water
Our own pillows and blankets

Upvote 0

Boray

I always bring nightlights (with light sensors, so they turn on as it gets dark) and individually wrapped hand wipes as well as a small bottle of Purel. The wipes and purel come in handy at the parks before we eat. I just imagine all the things that my kids pick up on their hands on the hand rails and the attractions. Just wipe and purel before eating and wipe after to get the stick off of their hands after eating.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom