October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

wbboy29

that's an entirely different situation though... If Disney had the means to announce that an earthquake was coming, they'd be a whole lot richer....

KCW, it was a joke. Hence the "Miley Cyrus being a natural disaster" comment. Although I guess that part of my comment wasn't a joke.......... cause she REALLY is :lol:

MousDad

While it does stink that the Magic Kingdom is closing early it's not the end of the world. Epcot is always open till 9.

That's why they need to let people know ahead of time. So they go to Epcot and not MK. Unless they're offering free hopper, like I said earlier (which I highly doubt they will).

goofntink

While at the MK last night doing work, I asked about the 3rd and 4th.Also mentioned rumor of Miley B-Day Party.They said that the Miley rumor is totaly false and untrue.The 3rd is not for an event,they cancelled the MNSSHP,and the park will close at 7 p.m.The 4th is not effected and the park will close at the scheduled hour. Wanted to add the reason for cancellation of dining reservations is that it was a scheduled party date and on those days no dining reservations are available after 3 p.m. at MK.

New2WDW

Original Poster
The 4th is not effected and the park will close at the scheduled hour. Wanted to add the reason for cancellation of dining reservations is that it was a scheduled party date and on those days no dining reservations are available after 3 p.m. at MK.

Thanks for digging up some info! But, there was never a scheduled party for the 4th from what I have seen or heard. The answer I received when I was being told they needed to cancel my dinner reservation on the 4th was that it was due to a special event.

imamouse

If dining ressies are being canceled, then the park will be closing to the general public for a [rumored] special event, right? No dining after 3 pm and no change to park hours on the 4th do not jive.

New2WDW

Original Poster
I was just over at ALLEARS.net reading the Dateline Disney information which comes directly from Walt Disney World's Media Office and it listed info about this years Halloween party and that Mickey and Minnie will be wearing new costumes and it showed the dates:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Parties are slated for Sept. 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 30 and Oct. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31. To purchase advance tickets, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY or visit disneyworld.com/halloween." [/FONT]

And the 3rd showed up! I went to the link and it of course did not show the 3rd as a date to purchase tickets. :veryconfu

There was also NO MENTION of any closures or special events on the weekend in question. So still no news, but it does show that the increase in MNSSHP tickets is going to new costumes for Mickey and Minnie! Who said they are not adding new stuff to the parties to warrent price increases! :lol:

djpoore94

Probably a press release from before the cancelled the Oct. 3 date :shrug:

All of this Hoopla talk has me really interested to see what is going on. Since October 4 is our arrival day and we don't really have anything planned except for 8:30 ADR, I really want to go to MK as soon as we arrive just to see what is happening!

Mr.EPCOT

While at the MK last night doing work, I asked about the 3rd and 4th.Also mentioned rumor of Miley B-Day Party.They said that the Miley rumor is totaly false and untrue.The 3rd is not for an event,they cancelled the MNSSHP,and the park will close at 7 p.m.The 4th is not effected and the park will close at the scheduled hour. Wanted to add the reason for cancellation of dining reservations is that it was a scheduled party date and on those days no dining reservations are available after 3 p.m. at MK.

Whoever told you all this was full of it.

Rob562

OK, there seems to be some confusion over dates, park hours and what's been going on and what's been canceled, as well as all the wild speculation/rumors flying around.

I thought I'd give a recap for those who are having trouble keeping things straight. (This info is all to-the-best-of-my-knowledge as of the time it was posted):

The dates involved in the discussion are Friday, October 3 and Saturday, October 4.

FACTS:
-Both Friday and Saturday are still listed on the WDW webpage as having the same operating hours that they've had for a long time: Friday 9A-7P, Saturday 9A-9P. Spectro is still scheduled for 8PM and Wishes for 9PM. Neither was scheduled on Friday because of the early closing.

-*Originally* on Friday, there was a Halloween Party scheduled. That's why the MK was scheduled to close at 7PM. That MNSSHP has been canceled. Guests with tickets for that date have been contacted (or at least should have been) to arrange for an exchange to a different night or a refund. After the cancellation, the Friday park hours have not changed.

-Some people are reporting having been contacted by Disney Dining to re-schedule any evening Table Service reservations they have at the MK on Saturday that are later than 3PM or so. There are also reports that people have been told the park is closing at 3PM, but no calendar confirmation of that. A MK CM I know also checked the Cast Hub, and the park hours are still listed as what is one the WDW webpage.

-There have been NO official announcements (or in my opinion even any credible inside sources) as to what is going on at the MK on *either* of those evenings.

-And to throw another fact in there, the recent change to park hours because of Fay (where the parks opened at 8AM) was reflected on the WDW webpage almost as soon as the info came out. So it seems like someone is on-the-ball with updating that calendar in a timely fashion.

RUMORS/SPECULATION:
-When the MNSSHP was canceled, the general consensus was that it was for some kind of Press Event.

-It's also possible that for some reason sales on that night were WAY below the other nights, and Disney decided to just cancel it outright and save the money.

-The Miley Cyrus rumor is the one that has caught on the most. The *rumor* says that Disney is closing the park early on one or both of the nights (though Saturday is the more common one) for her 16th birthday party, perhaps to be filmed, perhaps not. There are people posting it in various places and forums stating it as fact. In my opinion, this started out as pure speculation, caught fire, became a full-fledged rumor, and now it's been posted and re-posted so many times, people who aren't keeping a close eye on the discussions (or saw the beginnings of it) believe it to be true.

-Another minor speculation was some sort of movie premiere, but the only thing they really have coming out around then is that Chihuahua movie.

I *think* that about covers it. Did I miss anything?

-Rob

MousDad

^ Thanks for that summary - it seems entirely accurate.

Here's where I'm confused: Why would they cancel MNSSHP on the 3rd and still close the park at 7 PM, if the rumored early closure is for the 4th?

It makes absolutely no sense to have the park close at 7 PM one night and 3 PM the next day. The only explanation (and a ridiculous one it is) is to have a press event on 1 night, and some other event (Miley/Movie premiere) on the other. Would they really be dumb enough do something park altering on back to back nights?

New2WDW

Original Poster
Great summation Rob!

One other thing that adds to the mix is that there is currently a scheduled MNSSHP for Thursday Oct 2 and for Sunday Oct 5. So potentially, if the two days in question do have early closures, this could pose a serious black out for regular MK attenders for the whole weekend which just happens to be half of my vacation! :cry:

I had previously worked my vacation planning around 5 MNSSHP events out of 10 nights of stay and MK is the park my family loves to go to the most and with Base Tickets only I will really lose out. (can't afford the PH option) I am just trying to find out ahead of time what is going on so I can adjust my schedule if possible. Then compile the ADR's that I might need to change around if possible within 40 days arrival - it just causes a little frustration.

kcw

KCW, it was a joke. Hence the "Miley Cyrus being a natural disaster" comment. Although I guess that part of my comment wasn't a joke.......... cause she REALLY is :lol:

Thanks for clarifying... I was sure that people on here had really lost their minds!

RUMORS/SPECULATION:

-The Miley Cyrus rumor is the one that has caught on the most. The *rumor* says that Disney is closing the park early on one or both of the nights (though Saturday is the more common one) for her 16th birthday party, perhaps to be filmed, perhaps not. There are people posting it in various places and forums stating it as fact. In my opinion, this started out as pure speculation, caught fire, became a full-fledged rumor, and now it's been posted and re-posted so many times, people who aren't keeping a close eye on the discussions (or saw the beginnings of it) believe it to be true.

Great post! I've been watching this since the original thread and couldn't believe how the Miley suggestion turned into fact so quickly!?! And now on the other thread, the lights are going up early on Cinderella castle so that they're up for her party...:brick:

RWilliams

Premium Member
Great post! I've been watching this since the original thread and couldn't believe how the Miley suggestion turned into fact so quickly!?! And now on the other thread, the lights are going up early on Cinderella castle so that they're up for her party...:brick:

I just recently heard from some entertainment cast members that the lights are going on the castle early because Miley is taping a Christmas special soon that will be airing in November. I have no idea if this information is credible at all but it was related so I thought I would pass it along. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom