October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

goofntink

That is still a mystery. I know this weather from T.S. Fay has pushed back some work and changed schedules also.The bridge work closure has been continued till the 2nd.

PrincessK

Ok--let's put this to rest.

Tanya from Disney/MK Opps just called me (Hi Tanya! :wave:) I am so appreciative that she took the time to call me to let me know about the new party. She wanted to pass along the info that if any of you were "kicked out" of dining on the 4th in the MK, Disney will be calling you back to let you rebook what you originally wanted. She has no idea why this went down like it did, but all is right in the MK once again.

No hoopla other than the one we have once in the parks and the parties those nights!

And Tanya, if you're reading--and I know you are because we just talked about it--thank you again. You really went above and beyond the call of duty!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

New2WDW

Original Poster
Ok--let's put this to rest.

Tanya from Disney/MK Opps just called me (Hi Tanya! :wave:) I am so appreciative that she took the time to call me to let me know about the new party. She wanted to pass along the info that if any of you were "kicked out" of dining on the 4th in the MK, Disney will be calling you back to let you rebook what you originally wanted. She has no idea why this went down like it did, but all is right in the MK once again.

No hoopla other than the one we have once in the parks and the parties those nights!

And Tanya, if you're reading--and I know you are because we just talked about it--thank you again. You really went above and beyond the call of duty!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

This is totally weird! Before dismissing ImagineerMMC's comment about tickets for a party on the 4th I checked the site and no sign of it! And now it is showing up! :hammer: MY APOLOGIES TO ImagineerMMC! :cry:

So now I want my Dining Reservation back on the 4th! I hope this will happen and then I can get back to normal on my vacation planning.:brick:

PrincessK

This is totally weird! Before dismissing ImagineerMMC's comment about tickets for a party on the 4th I checked the site and no sign of it! And now it is showing up! :hammer: MY APOLOGIES TO ImagineerMMC! :cry:

So now I want my Dining Reservation back on the 4th! I hope this will happen and then I can get back to normal on my vacation planning.:brick:

You'll get it back. They're making the calls over the next couple days to offer it back.

I guess this all went down officially within the past few hours. We tend to know the scoop first and Disney is a few hours behind us. LOL

Enderikari

You'll get it back. They're making the calls over the next couple days to offer it back.

I guess this all went down officially within the past few hours. We tend to know the scoop first and Disney is a few hours behind us. LOL

:rolleyes:Right you are SOOO in the know... "Disney" is not a person, but rather a company(I hate to be the burster of bubbles) and I assure you that there are many people who knew before you did

PrincessK

:rolleyes:Right you are SOOO in the know... "Disney" is not a person, but rather a company(I hate to be the burster of bubbles) and I assure you that there are many people who knew before you did

I'm just posting what I was told, hoping it will help someone who this affected. I apologize if I've offended you.

MousDad

But did they know before you knew that they knew that she didn't know that they didn't say what they knew?

Zip-D-Dude

Dont know if this has been posted yet or not but.. according to Screamscape:
"Park News - (8/20/08) A few of you have wondered just why the Christmas Holiday lights are being added to the castle so soon this year, and if the latest rumors are true the park may be used to film some kind of Hanna Montana holiday video scene."

Could this be the hoopla in question????:drevil: (throws that our there like a bomb)

Disneyson 1

Sooo, the fourth is a non-HOOPLA!!!, and the third is still a mystery.... We think that Hannah Montana is to blame for the HOOPLA!!!, but we're not sure. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we just solved the mystery... HOOPLA!!!

olmec26

Sooo, the fourth is a non-HOOPLA!!!, and the third is still a mystery.... We think that Hannah Montana is to blame for the HOOPLA!!!, but we're not sure. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we just solved the mystery... HOOPLA!!!

I thought that we had just established that nothing is happening on the 3rd, as the park hours have returned to normal...

Rob562

I thought that we had just established that nothing is happening on the 3rd, as the park hours have returned to normal...

Actually, what noone has really pointed out is that they took the original schedules for Friday the 3rd and Saturday the 4th and simply SWAPPED them.

Originally, it was:
Friday: open until 7PM followed by MNSSHP
Saturday: open until 9PM

Now, it's:
Friday: open until 9PM
Saturday: open until 7PM followed by MNSSHP

Same exact thing, just the opposite days. So there's no loss of MK park time when looking at the two days, just a swap, and absolutely no idea why they would have done that (and they did it in the most bass ackward way you can imagine them doing it...)
I don't think they *ever* have the hard-ticket Party events (P&PP, MNSSHP and MVMCP) on Saturdays.

Everyone can calm down now... close up your fallout shelter, clean up the popcorn popper, put away the lawn chairs... Nothing to see here... ;)

-Rob

MousDad

Why would they have people cancel their dining ressies if it was just a party date change. That makes no sense. Something else was definitely up. Emphasis on the was.

KingStefan

Why would they have people cancel their dining ressies if it was just a party date change. That makes no sense. Something else was definitely up. Emphasis on the was.

Isn't it just because the TS restaurants close early on days when there is a hard-ticket event in the evening?

If that is the case, it means a whole bunch of ADRs just opened up on the 3rd, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom