October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

bfbulldog

Miley is paying them a lot more than what they would earn from MNSSHP.

I'm concerned about the night of the 4th, I have ADR's at the Wave for dinner, and was then going to the MK for Spectro and Wishes....

Let's see MNSSHP figure about 25,000 people on average average admission of $50 is 1,250,000 dollars plus food, gifts and souvenirs, figure another $750,000 to 1,000,000. So you got a low of 2,000,000-2,500,000 for one night and you think Miley is paying Disney a lot more than that for a party? I'm not convinced she's paying one red cent. It Sounds like this is just an opportunity for Disney to film and market this event and release a video.

PrincessK

Like me. I was only going from Oct 1st to the morning of the 5th. I'm driving down from Long Island (about 19 hours) leaving on Monday the 29th with my boyfriend and hoping to take our time going down, spending the night in some state then continuing the next day, but due to the cancelation of our Oct. 3 MNSSHP we are leaving on the 29th at 7pm and driving all through the night to make it to the Sept 30th MNSSHP. We only have 3 day park hoppers because we are doing Universal on Thursday. So my days at the parks are Wed / Fri / Sat. Now its a half a day on Saturday. Come on.

You and me both. I'm there for four days and now the MK is closing early for two! I'm beyond furious right now.

DisneyJoe

Me and my wife are flying down for our anniversary (21 years, October 3!) - arriving around 1pm on Friday, flying out Monday around 11am.

Was planning on seeing Spectro and Wishes on Saturday night....we're both very disappointed now.

I need to find something special to do.

mousefan1972

Me and my wife are flying down for our anniversary (21 years, October 3!) - arriving around 1pm on Friday, flying out Monday around 11am.

Was planning on seeing Spectro and Wishes on Saturday night....we're both very disappointed now.

I need to find something special to do.

Congrats!!

We also have an anniversary on Oct. 3rd; 10 years for us. :sohappy: But we are going down one month early to celebrate. For some reason, the airfare from Boston was way higher for Oct. than Sept.

That s ucks that MK is closing early. :( What about a special dinner one of the nights, instead?

PrincessK

Just got off the phone from reservations. They are APPAULED that people are hearing this. The very nice woman I spoke to said the park hours are still listed as 9pm closing, and if there were to be a closure for an event, it would be at 7pm....she also said the ONLY time in recent history the park closed that early was for 9/11. She asked where I got my info--and knowing that she wouldn't understand this board, I told her Disney Dining was calling people. She said there was a chance the restaurants were closing early, but highly unlikely that the park would go down that early.

We'll see....

Hope this helps someone.

TrojanUSC

We have closed the park many times for Michael Jackson, who gladly forked up the sum it costs. I have NO idea what it costs now, but back around 2000, it was roughly 40-60,000/land, for 3 hours -- this also depended on the number of attractions you wanted operating, etc. This is also done frequently for conventions and other private events (One Mighty Party at the DHS comes to mind).

tim gover

We have been "ejected" from MGM on two occasions once for aChrysler staff function and once for a Lucasfilm one.On neither day were we informed that the park would be closing early and we were not even told by concierge services in our hotel that we would not be able to use our ADRs.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Just got off the phone from reservations. They are APPAULED that people are hearing this. The very nice woman I spoke to said the park hours are still listed as 9pm closing, and if there were to be a closure for an event, it would be at 7pm....she also said the ONLY time in recent history the park closed that early was for 9/11. She asked where I got my info--and knowing that she wouldn't understand this board, I told her Disney Dining was calling people. She said there was a chance the restaurants were closing early, but highly unlikely that the park would go down that early.

We'll see....

Hope this helps someone.

Both times I have called they did not know about it either but after doing a little digging read off to me the 3 pm closure of all of MK. I wish and hope it is not so, but I have already had to cancel my dinner reservation. :cry: My other bad thing is that we do not get Park Hopper option due to the extra money it costs so if we go to the MK that day we will not be allowed to go anywhere else. If I did not know about this before hand it would really be bad. Maybe they would give everyone the option of hopping?

HeatherK

We'll see....

Hope this helps someone.

I really hope so. A 7pm closing is not that bad. But 3pm. If they were doing that, I hope that they wouldn't charge people the full $75 if it is only open until 3. I was also hoping to end my weekend with MK but since this 3pm closing is going around, I won't be able to. It just stinks.

wdwfan22

Both times I have called they did not know about it either but after doing a little digging read off to me the 3 pm closure of all of MK. I wish and hope it is not so, but I have already had to cancel my dinner reservation. :cry: My other bad thing is that we do not get Park Hopper option due to the extra money it costs so if we go to the MK that day we will not be allowed to go anywhere else. If I did not know about this before hand it would really be bad. Maybe they would give everyone the option of hopping?

If the Magic Kingdom closes at 3:00 pm on the 4th you will be permitted to park hop whether or not you have the feature.

MousDad

If the Magic Kingdom closes at 3:00 pm on the 4th you will be permitted to park hop whether or not you have the feature.

I would hope that they would have the sense to do this. If they only plan on plopping up signs a day or 2 before, there better be a line on said signs that plainly reads "Please stop by Guest Services or any ticket window for your free Park Hopper upgrade."

Or, they could do the sane thing and just put it on the calendar.

New2WDW

Original Poster

This would help me out, are you pretty sure about this? :veryconfu My family and I will have a room key with mult-day base tickets. Would they give us a secondary pass of some sort or just allow the room key to be used at another park? Just curious.

DisneyJoe

Congrats!!

We also have an anniversary on Oct. 3rd; 10 years for us. :sohappy: But we are going down one month early to celebrate. For some reason, the airfare from Boston was way higher for Oct. than Sept.

That s ucks that MK is closing early. :( What about a special dinner one of the nights, instead?

Thanks, we have a few special dinners planned, trying to go to places that we've never been to before.

RiversideBunny

This would help me out, are you pretty sure about this? :veryconfu My family and I will have a room key with mult-day base tickets. Would they give us a secondary pass of some sort or just allow the room key to be used at another park? Just curious.

They should be able to reset their computer checking system so that having already been in the MK won't count if you go to another park.

Of course, that's if they all get coordinated on the early closing.
So far they don't seem to be eloquently organized.

:king:

wdwfan22

Your room key that has your park ticket on it would be allowed to be used at another park (at least this is how it has been done in the past) Cast Members are always posted at the gate though and will explain the process.

MousDad

Your room key that has your park ticket on it would be allowed to be used at another park (at least this is how it has been done in the past) Cast Members are always posted at the gate though and will explain the process.

What about those without a room key?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just playing devil's advocate here on the Miley Cirius birthday rumor. The date completley makes sense even if it is nearly 2 months early. Does anyone think Disney is not going to film their number one money makers sweet 16th birthday at their flagship park and turn it into a TV sepcial? If that is the case they will need time to turn the footage into said special. Sure, they could do it in less thant 2 months but the date in early October works betther than late October as the closer they get to Halloween the greater the attendance gets for MNSSHP.
Hey, I am 1 degree of seperation from her (just found that out the other day) you want to see if I can get us invited so we can crash that thing?

:drevil:

Wait a second, we should just sell the tickets and put our kids through college with the profits.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey, I am 1 degree of seperation from her (just found that out the other day) you want to see if I can get us invited so we can crash that thing?

:drevil:

Wait a second, we should just sell the tickets and put our kids through college with the profits.
College nothing. Daddy needs a 2009 Dodge Challenger!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom