October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

Brian_WDW74

And now on the other thread, the lights are going up early on Cinderella castle so that they're up for her party...:brick:

Wow. You mean that my purely speculative comment, where I said that IF they are taping a Miley Cyrus event for broadcast then it would make sense that the lights would be put up now, has been transformed into a statement of fact? Amazing! :ROFLOL:

goofntink

Thanks for digging up some info! But, there was never a scheduled party for the 4th from what I have seen or heard. The answer I received when I was being told they needed to cancel my dinner reservation on the 4th was that it was due to a special event.

Guess I need to clarify my post.What I was told is they cancelled the MNSSHP party for the 3rd.They did not say why,but that it was NOT for a Miley Cyrus B-Day party.And the park will still close at 7 p.m.As for the 4th you are correct there is no scheduled special event or party,and the park will be closing at 9 p.m. They could not understand the reason for the change to reservation for the 4th,but as for the reason dining is changing reservations for the 3rd,I was told the restaurants were scheduled to be closed for the MNSSHP,and even though the party was cancelled,they still decided to close them after 3 p.m. I was also told that on days they have the special events,they do not make reservations for Crystal Palace, Tony's,and a couple others for after 3 p.m.

PrincessK

Guess I need to clarify my post.What I was told is they cancelled the MNSSHP party for the 3rd.They did not say why,but that it was NOT for a Miley Cyrus B-Day party.And the park will still close at 7 p.m.As for the 4th you are correct there is no scheduled special event or party,and the park will be closing at 9 p.m. They could not understand the reason for the change to reservation for the 4th,but as for the reason dining is changing reservations for the 3rd,I was told the restaurants were scheduled to be closed for the MNSSHP,and even though the party was cancelled,they still decided to close them after 3 p.m. I was also told that on days they have the special events,they do not make reservations for Crystal Palace, Tony's,and a couple others for after 3 p.m.

But the 4th was never a MNSSHP date.:shrug:

goofntink

But the 4th was never a MNSSHP date.:shrug:

Correct,I never said that it was,as my post stated.There is NO scheduled event for the 4th,and they could not understand the change for Dining reservation either. Also the 4th had the closing time on the calendar as 9 p.m. and they did not change it.

New2WDW

Original Poster
Wait, seriously??

No! :lol:

Thanks Goofntink for your clarification.
I have been able to get dinner reservations close to 6 pm on party nights in the past - so unless they made some sort of change in policy this year that info sounds a little false to me. (Last year I had a 5:50 pm ADR for the Plaza on a MNSSHP night - then I was later able to get Liberty Tree so I changed it,)

djpoore94

At least now we know the hours, just not the reasons!

This seems to be turning from Hoopla to Brouhaha:

brou·ha·ha
thinsp.png
Audio Help /ˈbru
thinsp.png
hɑˌhɑ, ˌbru
thinsp.png
hɑˈhɑ, bruˈhɑ
thinsp.png
hɑ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[broo-hah-hah, broo-hah-hah, broo-hah-hah] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.excited public interest, discussion, or the like, as the clamor attending some sensational event; hullabaloo: The brouhaha followed disclosures of graft at City Hall. 2.an episode involving excitement, confusion, turmoil, etc., esp. a broil over a minor or ridiculous cause: A brouhaha by the baseball players resulted in three black eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom