October 3rd & 4th Hoopla?

darthjohnny

Does anyone know when they closed Disneyland for the premieres of the Pirates of the Caribbean films? If the park really is closing at 3:00PM, maybe it is for a movie premiere, such as High School Musical 3 (though you would think they would do it in California though). :shrug:

Mr.EPCOT

Does anyone know when they closed Disneyland for the premieres of the Pirates of the Caribbean films? If the park really is closing at 3:00PM, maybe it is for a movie premiere, such as High School Musical 3 (though you would think they would do it in California though). :shrug:

If I remember right, I don't think they closed the whole park, just the entire west side.

PrincessK

A quick update from the head of MK Opps for the Guest Relations department:

Disney Dining has now started calling people to cancel any reservations they have for dinner on Saturday October 4th--essentially any time after 3:30pm. I spoke with MK Opps for Guest Services and while there is no official word, speculation is that the MK will be closing early (but not 3pm) that day. While the MNSSHP was cancelled for the 3rd, the woman also mentioned that Disney realizes that the MK cannot shut down both a Friday and a Saturday night. While they are not going to reopen the party on the 3rd, they are seriously considering reactivating the hours at least, to make up for the shortened Saturday hours. Please note, there has not yet been an official announcement, but MK Opps expects something official very soon.

The woman was very nice and was so upset that we all started to find out before they could declare anything officially. She said a 3pm closing would be highly unlikely, but we can assume that with no dining options for dinner that the MK will close early. (She thought maybe 5?) She also was almost certain that the early closure on the Friday will be reversed. They simply cannot shut down the MK party 3 nights in a row. (Thurs MNSSHP, Friday early, Saturday early.) They'll make up for the hours on Friday.

She said she would be sure to call me back when the official word comes in.

New2WDW

Original Poster
A quick update from the head of MK Opps for the Guest Relations department:

Disney Dining has now started calling people to cancel any reservations they have for dinner on Saturday October 4th--essentially any time after 3:30pm. I spoke with MK Opps for Guest Services and while there is no official word, speculation is that the MK will be closing early (but not 3pm) that day. While the MNSSHP was cancelled for the 3rd, the woman also mentioned that Disney realizes that the MK cannot shut down both a Friday and a Saturday night. While they are not going to reopen the party on the 3rd, they are seriously considering reactivating the hours at least, to make up for the shortened Saturday hours. Please note, there has not yet been an official announcement, but MK Opps expects something official very soon.

The woman was very nice and was so upset that we all started to find out before they could declare anything officially. She said a 3pm closing would be highly unlikely, but we can assume that with no dining options for dinner that the MK will close early. (She thought maybe 5?) She also was almost certain that the early closure on the Friday will be reversed. They simply cannot shut down the MK party 3 nights in a row. (Thurs MNSSHP, Friday early, Saturday early.) They'll make up for the hours on Friday.

She said she would be sure to call me back when the official word comes in.

Good to get more info on the matter, but it still sounds funny. Don't you think that this would have been thought of before they actually started closing / canceling dinners, parties, etc. Can I get my dinner ressie back? Like I said from the start.....What is going on?

PrincessK

Good to get more info on the matter, but it still sounds funny. Don't you think that this would have been thought of before they actually started closing / canceling dinners, parties, etc. Can I get my dinner ressie back? Like I said from the start.....What is going on?

Call Guest Relations...she told me that they are able to fix dining issues and get people in where they need to be. She said they have "emergency reserve" dining options that only they have the ability to book. She double-checked to make sure that I was all set for dining and told me that they haven't turned away a request for dining yet.

New2WDW

Original Poster
She also was almost certain that the early closure on the Friday will be reversed. They simply cannot shut down the MK party 3 nights in a row. (Thurs MNSSHP, Friday early, Saturday early.) They'll make up for the hours on Friday.

I was thinking about this and this reversal would be really messed up. They slotted 10/3 as a MNSSHP date and offered tickets, now they have removed this date from the Disney site as well as the ticket sales for this night. And now there is mention of them reinstating the hours for MK to be open because someone did not realise the MK was closing for three nights in a row? :veryconfu

By the way PrincessK, I was able to change my ADR for the 4th at Tony's, thanks for the info! I was just venting a little.:D

And now new deals are out for the Fall and still no mention of these closures in case people try to come down during the time in question. :hammer:

PrincessK

I was thinking about this and this reversal would be really messed up. They slotted 10/3 as a MNSSHP date and offered tickets, now they have removed this date from the Disney site as well as the ticket sales for this night. And now there is mention of them reinstating the hours for MK to be open because someone did not realise the MK was closing for three nights in a row? :veryconfu

By the way PrincessK, I was able to change my ADR for the 4th at Tony's, thanks for the info! I was just venting a little.:D

And now new deals are out for the Fall and still no mention of these closures in case people try to come down during the time in question. :hammer:

Oh trust me, this is beyond furiating for me as well. I'm really only there for 3 days and the one part of the park I want to be at, I can't. I'm just trying to keep a good attitude as much as possible. I really don't want this to ruin my trip.

Gah. LOL :brick:

Maybe we should all meet up for a pity party drink while we're there--I propose the UK on Saturday night. LOL

New2WDW

Original Poster
Oh trust me, this is beyond furiating for me as well. I'm really only there for 3 days and the one part of the park I want to be at, I can't. I'm just trying to keep a good attitude as much as possible. I really don't want this to ruin my trip.

Gah. LOL :brick:

Maybe we should all meet up for a pity party drink while we're there--I propose the UK on Saturday night. LOL

Or we could hide out in the park and see what is really going on! :lol:

My plan currently is to go to the MK in the morning, take my wife to Tony's for lunch (instead of dinner) and see what happens and if we have to hop to another park or go back to ASMovies. Hope everyone can work around these Official/Unofficial/Superficial closures!

New2WDW

Original Poster
Just received another call from the original guy who started all this stuff about changing my dinner reservation. I told him I had taken care of my dining and that I changed it to lunch and continued to ask him what was going on.......he gave me the response that he did not know and that there was no specific time given but it would be sometime late afternoon that "they" were thinking. Who is "they" and why is this so wishy-washy?

Another weird thing this guy said was that my dinner reservation was still showing and I made that change a couple of days ago. It should of been cancelled when I switched it to Lunch.

This guy was polite about the situation but definitely sounded like he was withholding information when I asked him what was going on and the time frame. He stumbled in his words and kind of rushed me off the phone.

mcstensrud

hoop·la Audio Help (hōōp'lä', hŏŏp'-) Pronunciation Key
n. Informal
  1. <LI minmax_bound="true">
    1. <LI minmax_bound="true">Boisterous, jovial commotion or excitement.
    2. Extravagant publicity: The new sedan was introduced to the public with much hoopla.
  2. Talk intended to mislead or confuse.

brucie

Well I just read the whole thread, Im glad I'm not there then, because gest relations would get an ear full if I had to leave the park early without warning. But it is weird? I don't see them causing this much confusion and problems for a press release?

But I hope there is Hoopla of some sort

DTM93

Sorry if this was mentioned but travel agents and other people have been told that Disney is introducing two new hotels, I don't know if this will actually happen or be announced but that might be the Hoopla?
But this might be a rumour even though we were told but she knew NOTHING about Florida.

Just received another call from the original guy who started all this stuff about changing my dinner reservation. I told him I had taken care of my dining and that I changed it to lunch and continued to ask him what was going on.......he gave me the response that he did not know and that there was no specific time given but it would be sometime late afternoon that "they" were thinking. Who is "they" and why is this so wishy-washy?

Another weird thing this guy said was that my dinner reservation was still showing and I made that change a couple of days ago. It should of been cancelled when I switched it to Lunch.

This guy was polite about the situation but definitely sounded like he was withholding information when I asked him what was going on and the time frame. He stumbled in his words and kind of rushed me off the phone.

A CM on the phone is proablly the last person to know about things like this. If they do know something and were proablly told not to release the information until they are given their go ahead....then they are just doing what was asked of them so they will not face punishment.

That is my guess on the matter.

I do not know what is going on any of the dates of early closure. :shrug:

New2WDW

Original Poster
A CM on the phone is proablly the last person to know about things like this. If they do know something and were proablly told not to release the information until they are given their go ahead....then they are just doing what was asked of them so they will not face punishment.

That is my guess on the matter.

I do not know what is going on any of the dates of early closure. :shrug:

I understand. Someone is keeping a good lid on this whatever it will be. I guess I will just have to wait and play it by ear....

tripplanner

We have closed the park many times for Michael Jackson, who gladly forked up the sum it costs. I have NO idea what it costs now, but back around 2000, it was roughly 40-60,000/land, for 3 hours -- this also depended on the number of attractions you wanted operating, etc. This is also done frequently for conventions and other private events (One Mighty Party at the DHS comes to mind).

In 1998 it cost $120,000 to close one ride in MGM for 3 hours. This would have been for a convention.

wbboy29

Why does anyone think it's Disney's responsibility to warn/announce the early closing of the park? Everyone seemed to understand when DL closed all of their rides with no announcement, after the earthquake, a couple weeks back. And heck if you ask me Miley Cyrus in a BIGGER natural disaster than that........ :lookaroun

wdwfan22

For those of you complaining please read the back of your tickets carefully. You have been given prior notice of an early closure.

If you purchased a ticket, the following terms apply: Nontransferable; must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Parks, attractions or entertainment may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.

While it does stink that the Magic Kingdom is closing early it's not the end of the world. Epcot is always open till 9.

kcw

Why does anyone think it's Disney's responsibility to warn/announce the early closing of the park? Everyone seemed to understand when DL closed all of their rides with no announcement, after the earthquake, a couple weeks back.

that's an entirely different situation though... If Disney had the means to announce that an earthquake was coming, they'd be a whole lot richer....

For those of you complaining please read the back of your tickets carefully. You have been given prior notice of an early closure.

You're right, Disney does not have to announce that they're closing a park early.... however it would be the right thing to do out of courtesy to their guests... especially when it's 2 nights in a row

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom