Nothing coming in 2010?

_Scar

If they would fix CTX and EE they would be, as they are... not so much.

A lot of classics have their bad years before things get tidied up. HM comes to mind... And ture, EE's yeti is now one of the only problems persistently no working but it wil get fixed most likely within the year.

SirGoofy

DAK? It's filled to the brim with quality. KJS, FotLK, EE, FN:TM, Dinosaur.

Wishes- although not your favorite- set the bar for what should be expected at Disney parks fireworks-wise.

You know my thoughts on most of the rides you talked about there. DAK is a lovely park, but there's just not enough to do.

EPCOT Explorer

Which I hope Disney realizes. I think that they need a scare in order for them to change. They have to reach rock bottom (hopefully not too bad) then work there way up again. I think sadly thats the only way they will change.
I think that might be happening. It's happened before. There are some subtle signs of it, too.

I think the extremely realistic "Western Brothel Experience" coming to Frontierland has the potential to be a huge hit.

I like Soarin', EE, Turtle Talk, TSMM, LMA, FNTM (actually I find almost everything at DAK to be top notch and that park ain't 15 years old). IMO, the heart of WDW (MK) is what needs the most help.
New meaning to Western River Expansion. :D

Agreed on MK, too.

Agreed, much like what happened at Disneyland not too long ago.
Exactly.

_Scar

Why? :shrug:

I can't stat an opinion? :confused:

Isn't it your bedtime anyway?

If this thread is a bloated piece of crap then why post in it? I'm not bashing your opinion. Just merely stating common sense. You have free will- why not use it?

And that's really mature. :rolleyes:

You know my thoughts on most of the rides you talked about there. DAK is a lovely park, but there's just not enough to do.

I know- but if EE and Dino got the love they need then you gotta admit DAK is full of quality attractions not over 15 years old. Right?

SirGoofy

A lot of classics have their bad years before things get tidied up. HM comes to mind... And ture, EE's yeti is now one of the only problems persistently no working but it wil get fixed most likely within the year.

Big difference. HM wasn't less than 10 years old when it was in desrepair.

And the yeti will be fixed this year? News to me.

EPCOT Explorer

There is...But there isn't. You really can spend a day just walking around. I did. :lol:

But there has to be more rides, too. Rides AND Exploring. There's a balance.

_Scar

Big difference. HM wasn't less than 10 years old when it was in desrepair.

And the yeti will be fixed this year? News to me.

Dino isn't less than 10 years old either :lol:

But I'm just saying attractions have their bad years before they get fixed. :shrug:

And I used the term most likely considering Joe will be out of Hawaii and hopefully back to pay attention to DAK and the rumors of E:E refurb come true. Wishful thinking.

krankenstein

How many times do you average riding EE in a given year?

The only effects that has been consistently working for me (I average around 20 rides a year) is waterfall A and the projection. I haven't seen the Yeti working since '07ish, finally saw the bird work for the first time ever this trip, but it only worked 1 of 5 rides, you have a 50/50 chance of seeing the station steam, the cloud effect works maybe 20% of the time and I have only seen waterfall B or the cave mist work once or twice. It is in a horrible state when it comes to maintenance and CTX is in about the same shape. :shrug:

cdunbar

If this thread is a bloated piece of crap then why post in it? I'm not bashing your opinion. Just merely stating common sense. You have free will- why not use it?

And that's really mature. :rolleyes:
Have you ever heard the phrase you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? If you haven't you might seriously consider looking it up it might completly open up your world...:cool:

http://www.orlando-florida.net/walt-disney-world/resources/timeline.htm

I was curious as to how common it was for Disney to do notable things at WDW so I dug this up; From what I gather since opening theres been AT LEAST one thing happening in WDW thats notable or a reason that there wasn't (such as efforts to work on new parks). Theres one or two years in 1970's/1980's where nothing happened

It's generally expected Disney does something thats a bit more notable than maintenance in the parks. Thats why I'm surprised theres no new show or parade or yearly "theme" overall to make up for the fact that all the new stuff currently touted is due next year. I am rather dissapointed that post-millennium Disney got lazy with these things

I remember going to the parks in 1998 and 1999; when MGM's Parade was based on the big Disney film that year, Remember the Magic and then the Millenium Celebration followed up. Tapestry of Nations, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, Fantasmic, Millennium Village, *regularly* updated Innoventions and that was before Animal Kingdom and Disney Quest being the big new things were taken into account! The turn of the century was a great time to be attending WDW for the first time like I did

Then in the middle of the last decade the updates seemed to stop. MGM got stuck on Stars n Cars and MK on Dreams come true and AK has had the same parade since opening! Its like after 2000 they said "well we cant beat that lets give up"

I mean if Disney wants to pretty up the Park then by all means, but means I expect it to SPARKLE when I do go back for the 40th maybe!

_Scar

How many times do you average riding EE in a given year?

The only effects that has been consistently working for me (I average around 20 rides a year) is waterfall A and the projection. I haven't seen the Yeti working since '07ish, finally saw the bird work for the first time ever this trip, but it only worked 1 of 5 rides, you have a 50/50 chance of seeing the station steam, the cloud effect works maybe 20% of the time and I have only seen waterfall B or the cave mist work once or twice. It is in a horrible state when it comes to maintenance and CTX is in about the same shape. :shrug:

I ride around 7-0 times a year, but as many times as I've seen some combinations of effects working at one time I'm judging many effect statuses on what people post here on status watch. And the bottom is they both need to be refurbed.

I said it b/c your comment was just as mature. It's called making an innuendo to a point. My 5 year old cousin could have formulated that same response. :shrug:

If you think this thread is crap then don't post. Not immature at all it's merely what you should do when you think something is worthless- move on.

Have you ever heard the phrase you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? If you haven't you might seriously consider looking it up it might completly open up your world...:cool:

I know what it means- I just don't know why it would apply to me.
:confused:

krankenstein

I ride around 7-0 times a year, but as many times as I've seen some combinations of effects working at one time I'm judging many effect statuses on what people post here on status watch. And the bottom is they both need to be refurbed.

Yes, they do need refurbs. Btw, don't always trust people status reports on here. I can't even begin to count how many times people have said the Yeti was moving and he didn't. :dazzle:

If you think this thread is crap then don't post. Not immature at all it's merely what you should do when you think something is worthless- move on.

I will interject my personal thoughts anywhere I want to. Despite my feeling of the current status of the thread, it is my right to say what I want, where I want, when I want. The only person who can tell me that I should "move on" is a mod, which you are not. Now, lets stop these personal attacks and flaming that you started and get this thread back on topic, which is the lack of a new attraction opening at WDW next year. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

I know what it means- I just don't know why it would apply to me.
:confused:
Because your posts come off extremely abrasive. While this is a heated discussion, there's not a need to come in and be condescending.

Ease up on your main thruster. ;)
Yes, they do need refurbs. Btw, don't always trust people status reports on here. I can't even begin to count how many times people have said the Yeti was moving and he didn't. :dazzle:

I will interject my personal thoughts anywhere I want to. Despite my feeling of the current status of the thread, it is my right to say what I want, where I want, when I want. The only person who can tell me that I should "move on" is a mod, which you are not. Now, lets stop these personal attacks and flaming that you started and get this thread back on topic, which is the lack of a new attraction opening at WDW next year. :wave:
I was doing some thinking...and I realized something. There isn't even a major refurb that will open. In past years we had Pirates, Mansion, SSE, SM, and a few others that WERE marketable because there WERE changes.

I think this year is dead for that, too, right? :lol:
Immature inuendo? Is that a critique of my postings of the last 8 years.

:D

_Scar

Because your posts come off extremely abrasive. While this is a heated discussion, there's not a need to come in and be condescending.

What out of my posts were meant to be condescending? Quote it because I know you must be misinterpreting what I'm saying.

And in Krank's case I was just stating what he should do if he doesn't like a thread. No condescending attitude- no trying to control him- just saying he doesn't need to post here if it's crap. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom