Nothing coming in 2010?

What I bolded:

The only reason that belief runs like wildfire in Disney and in the Disney Fan Community is because some MBA put it in a power point. I could care less about crowds. I'm looking for quality.'

The belief runs like wildfire because its the truth! I saw it everyday I was there. When going up to our room one night we noticed a light out by the elevator. 10 minutes later I went downstairs to get a drink and happened to look back at the light that was out. Wouldnt you know it was back on. The little things, understandably maintenance, but still, the agility that it is done.

While quality is good, and Im the first to agree that recent projects because of budget has been lacking amazing quality, but still a quality product indeed.

But i agree Id rather have amazing quality attractions But id rather have amazing quality attractions then a new major marketing half a**ed attraction every year. I can wait, if its a quality product.

_Scar

If you knew what was being planned, you'd be pretty happy, too. :xmas:

MI? We'll see. I'd be more interested in a close RSR. :lol:

I think you two are having entirely separate conversations. I think Scar is trying to say that Disney pays more attention to detail than six flags does, and he is listing what they do. I don't think EPCOT_Explorer is talking about the small details. He is asking what Disney is doing significant that can be considered a reason to go to the parks for people who have been millions of times. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I think you guys might be talking about two different things.

Can't believe I missed this, but I do think you're right on some level. I think EE is talking about what would bring new-comers and repeat-customers coming to WDW and I'm talking about what keeps people coming back. They overlap a little.

EPCOT Explorer

The belief runs like wildfire because its the truth!

While quality is good, and Im the first to agree that recent projects because of budget has been lacking amazing quality, but still a quality product. Even though you may not care about crowds the Disney Company does. Thats how they make money, and Id rather have amazing quality attractions then a new major marketing half a**ed attraction every year.

Truth or not, it should not equate WDW getting the shaft when it comes to plussing, expansion, and a better experience.

You make money, with crowds. Yes. Always. But you need to keep bringing people in. In my belief, the ONLY thing keeping WDW around right now, is the fact that it has a reputation. It has DISNEY attached to it. It has Mickey Mouse on it's gate.

If you were to make a theme park, today, without the Disney monkier, but the same quality, I sincerely wonder if it would survive. Disney was once all about unique and fantastic (and quality) storytelling. With the place making that goes on now...What do they have besides a name? And a History?

EPCOT Explorer

I think you two are having entirely separate conversations. I think Scar is trying to say that Disney pays more attention to detail than six flags does, and he is listing what they do. I don't think EPCOT_Explorer is talking about the small details. He is asking what Disney is doing significant that can be considered a reason to go to the parks for people who have been millions of times. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I think you guys might be talking about two different things.
Sorry, I missed this, too....But yes, you have my line of thought.

MI? We'll see. I'd be more interested in a close RSR. :lol:

Can't believe I missed this, but I do think you're right on some level. I think EE is talking about what would bring new-comers and repeat-customers coming to WDW and I'm talking about what keeps people coming back. They overlap a little.
No, PH. :xmas:

And yes, that is what I'm talking about. Attracting new audiences while placating the old ones. Be respectful to your History and the people that were first attracted to your product (just don't charge them 75 buck to prove that they were...It's not pleasant. ;) ) WHILE attracting new audiences and new customers with the same sort of showmanship, albeit on a modern scale and product.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Truth or not, it should not equate WDW getting the shaft when it comes to plussing, expansion, and a better experience.

You make money, with crowds. Yes. Always. But you need to keep bringing people in. In my belief, the ONLY thing keeping WDW around right now, is the fact that it has a reputation. It has DISNEY attached to it. It has Mickey Mouse on it's gate.

If you were to make a theme park, today, without the Disney monkier, but the same quality, I sincerely wonder if it would survive. Disney was once all about unique and fantastic (and quality) storytelling. With the place making that goes on now...What do they have besides a name? And a History?

I wouldn't go quite that far. I can still find unique and quality things around the parks. I think for the second time in WDW's existence they're about to get a major push (HP, I ain't gonna type the whole friggin' acronym, but I will type this :lol:, the first was IoA's opening) and I'm sure they'll respond. I'm not sure if right now is kind of a wait and see thing or a sitting on laurels attitude, but either way I predict some dough being dumped on WDW in the future. It's just the near future is not so exciting. The question is - What will we and the non-Disney expert tourist think of their response?

No because Walt Disney World, was a bold endeavor and will never be repeated on such a grand scale as it was. And to answer what else they have,
QUALITY ATTRACTIONS, AND AMAZING STORYTELLING, this can not be overlooked. American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Big Thunder, Splash ect... there is plenty. Classic attractions or not they still upkeep these and keep them running they havent gone anywhere.

krankenstein

I wonder how many are like me and have had multiple chances to see Idol, but have never given it a spare second.

I've been 6 or 7 times since it opened. I saw it once, but haven't been back. I'm meh about it.

That said, what drives me crazy about it is the people that have not experienced it and dis it and the people that call it karaoke. :shrug:

_Scar

No, PH. :xmas:

And yes, that is what I'm talking about. Attracting new audiences while placating the old ones. Be respectful to your History and the people that were first attracted to your product (just don't charge them 75 buck to prove that they were...It's not pleasant. ;) ) WHILE attracting new audiences and new customers with the same sort of showmanship, albeit on a modern scale and product.

Pixie Hollow dark ride or roller coaster or something? Doubt it...

They always are attracting new audiences no matter if WDW does the advertising or maybe they stumble upon a Travel Channel special or word of mouth. Plus the 99 for 4 parks sounds very enticing for FL residents. WDW can still attract guests without attaching a brand new ride into the commercial.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've been 6 or 7 times since it opened. I saw it once, but haven't been back. I'm meh about it.

That said, what drives me crazy about it is the people that have not experienced it and dis it and the people that call it karaoke. :shrug:

Well, I ain't gonna dis it, but I have no desire to see it. However, if my lovely wife were to lean on me, I'd probably give it a go since it would give me relationship leverage (rare for me).

EPCOT Explorer

I wouldn't go quite that far. I can still find unique and quality things around the parks. I think for the second time in WDW's existence they're about to get a major push (HP, I ain't gonna type the whole friggin' acronym, but I will type this :lol:, the first was IoA's opening) and I'm sure they'll respond. I'm not sure if right now is kind of a wait and see thing or a sitting on laurels attitude, but either way I predict some dough being dumped on WDW in the future. It's just the near future is not so exciting. The question is - What will we and the non-Disney expert tourist think of their response?
I have no doubt that the future is going to be better for WDW. I am optimistic there.

For once, I'm looking at the here and now, though. :lol: What can they offer this year that really get's people to go "WOW!" and get's them to book. (Save for discounts. Easy way out.)

SirGoofy

No because Walt Disney World, was a bold endeavor and will never be repeated on such a grand scale as it was. And to answer what else they have,
QUALITY ATTRACTIONS, AND AMAZING STORYTELLING, this can not be overlooked. American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Big Thunder, Splash ect... there is plenty. Classic attractions or not they still upkeep these and keep them running they havent gone anywhere.

But here's the thing that REALLY worries me. Look at all those attractions that you've listed. All of them are anywhere from 15-35 years old.

Nothing built in the last 15 years(in WDW) comes close to these attractions, IMO, and Disney can't just rest back on its laurels in Florida for much longer.

It is karaoke!:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Pixie Hollow dark ride or roller coaster or something? Doubt it...

They always are attracting new audiences no matter if WDW does the advertising or maybe they stumble upon a Travel Channel special or word of mouth. Plus the 99 for 4 parks sounds very enticing for FL residents. WDW can still attract guests without attaching a brand new ride into the commercial.
Pixie Hollow. Or something. Keep doubting it. Until more proof comes out, at least. I'm pulling for it.

They can keep attracting guests with discounts, sure, but like I said, they can't do that forever. Easy way out.

I don't deny that, either. And they SHOULD market those attractions.

But...How long can you advertise things that are not really "new"? Unless it's embedded in the public conscious (like JC and IASW, like we've seen...) you can't keep harping on it.

(But I wish you could. a SSE Advert on TV would get me going. :D)

But here's the thing that REALLY worries me. Look at all those attractions that you've listed. All of them are anywhere from 15-35 years old.

Nothing built in the last 15 years(in WDW) comes close to these attractions, IMO, and Disney can't just rest back on its laurels in Florida for much longer.
:
Which I hope Disney realizes. I think that they need a scare in order for them to change. They have to reach rock bottom (hopefully not too bad) then work there way up again. I think sadly thats the only way they will change.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I like Soarin', EE, Turtle Talk, TSMM, LMA, FNTM (actually I find almost everything at DAK to be top notch and that park ain't 15 years old). IMO, the heart of WDW (MK) is what needs the most help.

SirGoofy

Which I hope Disney realizes. I think that they need a scare in order for them to change. They have to reach rock bottom (hopefully not too bad) then work there way up again. I think sadly thats the only way they will change.

Agreed, much like what happened at Disneyland not too long ago.

I like Soarin', EE, Turtle Talk, TSMM, LMA, FNTM (actually I find almost everything at DAK to be top notch and that park ain't 15 years old). IMO, the heart of WDW (MK) is what needs the most help.

But I personally believe none of them are anywhere near classic Disney(other than possibly FNTM). Each of them is missing one (or two) key ingredients.

_Scar

DAK? It's filled to the brim with quality. KJS, FotLK, EE, FN:TM, Dinosaur.

Wishes- although not your favorite- set the bar for what should be expected at Disney parks fireworks-wise.

krankenstein

No way! I can't vote the bad karaoke singers out. :D :lookaroun

On topic, Disney has no reason not to be opening a nice B or C level attraction at one of the 4 parks this year. New counter service restaurants that will be ran by outside vendors and doing maintenance that should've been going on all along doesn't cut it with me. :shrug:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No way! I can't vote the bad karaoke singers out. :D :lookaroun

On topic, Disney has no reason not to be opening a nice B or C level attraction at one of the 4 parks this year. New counter service restaurants that will be ran by outside vendors and doing maintenance that should've been going on all along doesn't cut it with me. :shrug:

Well said. I agree with that. Plus, since I keep discussing other things, bloated piece of crap is also apt. But sometimes, bloating is fun. :lookaroun

krankenstein

DAK? It's filled to the brim with quality. KJS, FotLK, EE, FN:TM, Dinosaur.

Wishes- although not your favorite- set the bar for what should be expected at Disney parks fireworks-wise.

If they would fix CTX and EE they would be, as they are... not so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom