Nothing coming in 2010?

SirGoofy

Yes, way, yes, how. It's still the THE LAND, isn't it? It's not the Soarin' Pavilion, in the same way that The Seas with Nemo and Friends is both ride and name.

I missed this somehow.

So if the name was still "The Living Seas" and the pavilion was exactly the same as it is today, you would be perfectly fine with it?

SirGoofy

Where does it stop? DIsney seems (exception to HKDL expansion) incapable of building an attraction that is original it has to have a character tie in. SO should UOE have an MI overlay?

SO you would be fine with a permanent Nightmare overlay of HM?
Again there are a lot of popular character that could work in AL.

BY your logic if a character is popular it is fine to pu them in an attraction. SOo you should be fine with a Stitch overlay of JC?

:brick:

You seriously don't get what I'm saying.

TLS was a dying attraction, and they did something to save it. You don't like it. I get it. But most people do. None of the attractions you've listed are no where near hurting, let alone dying.

Figment632

:brick:

You seriously don't get what I'm saying.

TLS was a dying attraction, and they did something to save it. You don't like it. I get it. But most people do. None of the attractions you've listed are no where near hurting, let alone dying.

My real problem was them slapping Nemo in because it was cheaper than to redo the whole pavilion.

EPCOT Explorer

Really? What demographics have been "forced out"? Because I see a hell of a lot more people in the pavilion now.:lol:

Still doesn't change the fact that it has some of the highest guest satisfaction numbers in the park, along with ridership on the level of Space Mountain.:wave:
It's new. It's popular.

I saw a ton of people in TLS, too.

And your point on JC is?

Evan it is scary how much you and I agree on EC!
Very.:lookaroun

I missed this somehow.

So if the name was still "The Living Seas" and the pavilion was exactly the same as it is today, you would be perfectly fine with it?

No, because they've altered the flow of the pavilion, too. No more hydrolators, no preshow, just the ride to welcome you. It's too prominent in that sense.

The delicate balance of entertainment, information and theme TLS had is gone in favor of fantasy in this case. If Nemo were a ride INSIDE a bigger and more far reaching SEAS pavilion, I'd be fine.

SirGoofy

And your point on JC is?

Just because you don't think it's fun doesn't mean that the majority of the guests think the same.

No, because they've altered the flow of the pavilion, too. No more hydrolators, no preshow, just the ride to welcome you. It's too prominent in that sense.

So the change of the flow to The Land and everyone ignoring the other attractions there in favor of Soarin'(a ride that, like Nemo is there for entertainment purposes), doesn't bother you either.:veryconfu

The delicate balance of entertainment, information and theme TLS had is gone in favor of fantasy in this case. If Nemo were a ride INSIDE a bigger and more far reaching SEAS pavilion, I'd be fine.

Last time I checked...it is a ride inside a larger Pavilion that includes a multitude of animal exhibits.

EPCOT Explorer

So the change of the flow to The Land and everyone ignoring the other attractions there in favor of Soarin'(a ride that, like Nemo is there for entertainment purposes), doesn't bother you either.:veryconfu

Last time I checked...it is a ride inside a larger Pavilion that includes a multitude of animal exhibits.
LwtL's popularty has soured (hah) thanks to Soarin'. It's had consistent waits for a while. It's far from ignored, and probably the reason it's gotten some attention in the past few years.

It's not inside, though, it's the headliner. You have to ride it. It's almost omnipotent. The ride is the pavilion, the tanks and exhibits seem to be remains of TLS. With Nemo plaster on them. :lol:

Now...Seriously.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

I think Nemo sucks. You don't. I'm done if you are..:lol::lookaroun

Figment632

Just because you don't think it's fun doesn't mean that the majority of the guests think the same.

So the change of the flow to The Land and everyone ignoring the other attractions there in favor of Soarin'(a ride that, like Nemo is there for entertainment purposes), doesn't bother you either.:veryconfuQUOTE]

I will give you COL but I doubt LWTL isn't making its number it is still popular do you have proof otherwise?

RSoxNo1

So the change of the flow to The Land and everyone ignoring the other attractions there in favor of Soarin'(a ride that, like Nemo is there for entertainment purposes), doesn't bother you either.:veryconfuQUOTE]

I will give you COL but I doubt LWTL isn't making its number it is still popular do you have proof otherwise?

Living with the Land isn't a very popular ride. Sure, it has a huge capacity, but I think it's popularity is probably below The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

I actually thought that they could conceivably draw more people to Living with the Land by using the virtual queue/queueless waiting system at Soarin' and people would ride Living with the Land while they wait.

plutoismyhero

Living with the Land isn't a very popular ride. Sure, it has a huge capacity, but I think it's popularity is probably below The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

I actually thought that they could conceivably draw more people to Living with the Land by using the virtual queue/queueless waiting system at Soarin' and people would ride Living with the Land while they wait.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

EPCOT Explorer

In recent years, I have never seen it NOT busy. :shrug:

And it's gotten some attention, too, because of it.

Studios Fan

It's a people-eater walk on like TTA is over in Tomorrowland. The main problem I have is that the Land pavilion used to be much calmer. Now it is a madhouse for people to rush down the steps to get FPs. It would have seemingly been smarter to have Soarin' exit into the pavilion like Nemo does and have the entrance for Soarin' enter directly from outside the building.

EPCOT Explorer

It's a people-eater walk on like TTA is over in Tomorrowland. The main problem I have is that the Land pavilion used to be much calmer. Now it is a madhouse for people to rush down the steps to get FPs. It would have seemingly been smarter to have Soarin' exit into the pavilion like Nemo does and have the entrance for Soarin' enter directly from outside the building.

Or, have Soarin on the top floor like COL. I do miss "calm" Land, though. Food used to be better.

RSoxNo1

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Maybe I was going at different times, but I haven't had to wait for this for years. Over Thanksgiving they were running Fastpass on it, but we weren't in the area on that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We were there the week following Thanksgiving, and walked on it every single time. That being said, we always walk on The Seas with Nemo and Friends as well, and both are large capacity attractions.

aladdin2007

Here here, what were they thinking. I mean they have you coming around to the stairs right where the elevator is coming up, two ways of traffic jamming together at the same point. The imagineers (or stupid TDO as usual) were not using their brains there. It really needs some reworking not only for our safety and sanity lol, but for our future enjoyment. :wave:

WDW1974

You kiddies are giving me a headache ...

Besides, this discussion has NOTHING to do with the fact NOTHING is coming to WDW in 2010.

EPCOT Explorer

You kiddies are giving me a headache ...

Besides, this discussion has NOTHING to do with the fact NOTHING is coming to WDW in 2010.
Oh no, I think it's a testament to it!

Unless you wanna talk about trees and shrubbery!:goodnevil:ROFLOL::lookaroun

Maybe we'll get that updated Horizons dark ride/Space Mountain combo in 2010 they planned for with DLP.

Or not.
That's what this last prefurb was for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom