Nothing coming in 2010?

No kidding, never mind the new attraction (of any ticket level), where's the new stage show? Fireworks or parade? Hotel? Table service restaurant? Hard ticket event? etc. You wouldn't tell relatives/friends to go to WDW this year just to go to a pizzeria.

If any of the above happened within the year of 2010, than something of marketable substance will have happened. At this point that does not seem to be the case.

Well, I happen to believe that a New Table service is coming with the expansion. Some else posted that 2010 could be an off this year. That can be possibly with the expansion too.

Well, I happen to believe that a New Table service is coming with the expansion. Some else posted that 2010 could be an off this year. That can be possibly with the expansion too.

Additions take time and money. They are about to almost totally recreate a land, and are adding plenty to keep things new and fresh. There adding "substance" as well for wdw74'. But with this addition comes money and they need ways to both save money as well as not spend it. If they do all the things that most of the people want on these boards, then when it comes time for the new fantasyland to open. This same board will be complaining about what they cut. "Suffer" for a year and deal with them fixing the little things (love this, much needed) That way your not complaining when something gets cut because they decided to add an E-Ticket n 2010, when they didnt need to.

wserratore1963

:sohappy:
Lets see if I can put your mind at ease...

• The start of the Fantasyland Expansion
  • The closure of Star Tours to make way for Star Tours II
  • Continued work on Disney's Hollywood Studios, including the Backlot Tour, the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area and more of Pixar Place
  • New additions to the Toy Story Mania programming (holiday updates, Toy Story 3 tie-ins, etc...)
  • Continued beautification of Epcot
  • New pizzeria in Epcot
  • Revamped Mexican quick service to replacing Cantina de San Angel
  • New kennels completed by end of 2010
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Refurbishment
  • Continued expansion and updating of Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor script/options
  • Continued (progessing) work on Jungle Cruise
  • New Innoventions attraction
  • New Walt Disney World sponsor in Stanley Construction
  • Plus there are still many of the things that remain up in the air, like Captain EO among others.
Bravo

Well Said

Nothing big is coming this year, because they are simply focusing on the FL expansion project. The money they are using on this project is going to be untold amounts (expect cutbacks imo). So can you blame them for cutting back a little this year in prep for something as big as the expansion to FL? Or have we forgot that the economy is still in the toilet. There will announcements and promotions throughout the year and minor changes that may not catch they eye at first but I promise you that the crowds will keep coming regardless.

Something or nothing new....I still love Disney

Tip Top Club

Well let's not be unreasonable here. We can't expect to have something new and exciting EVERY YEAR! I mean, come on, they just added American Idol Experience in 2009. And some new Disney Vacation Clubs! Of course 2010 is going to be an off year!

Okay well, someone earlier said that if the little things don't get done you have Six Flags on your hand, but their CEO, a man called Mark Shapiro announced when he took over the company in 2005 that every park (and they have a quite a few parks) would be getting something new every year, and he kept that promise until the bankrupcy, and plenty of parks are getting new additions during the bankrupcy as well! So If Six Flags can continue to add new attractions while they are bankrupt, a company as successful as Disney Parks and Resorts, which absolutly RAKES in the cash for Disney, should be able to add something marketable to the top tourism destination in the world.

At least that's one industry watcher's opinion...

Oddysey

Too late for EO's return to epcot anyway, micheal is starting to lose his media attention that he had after his death it will be fully gone in a few months. A refurb is more likely and on its way id say in the next year (or less)

Didn't stop them with American Idol. Just sayin :wave:

I agree SirGoofy, I'm awaiting some new info on parades or fireworks/entertainment myself. I love the shows/parades they have now, but some new shows would be more than welcomed.

COProgressFan

The only addition that matters.;):sohappy:

As for no new additions, I'm fine with no rides or attractions, but the fact that there's no new parades, castle shows, fireworks, etc really bothers me.

Especially since some of these things could be done really cheaply and improve the guest experience a lot. How hard would it be to put together a new or special fireworks show for this year, like Magical at DL? Or even a just stage a semi-decent show at the newly build Tomorrowland stage which sits there like an eyesore?

I know we can't expect big new rides every year, but if attendance is suffering, and discounting is ongoing, it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to offer a few cheap new entertainment additions to attract visitors this year. Summer Nightastic was a big success. Instead, in 2010, visitors to can be drawn to WDW with....um....the possibility of buying likely mediocre, overpriced pizza at Epcot, and um...some construction walls in FL for a project that was long overdue and still wont open for another two years?

_Scar

But first, tell me how Disney is doing something new this year. Granted, I don't expect them to go all out, seeing we have a great line up of things planned for our parks, but there has to be something, after all...It's Disney!!

Read Jedimasters post. What was the point of that EE?

I'm delighted that some people can be excited by basic care and maintenance. It shows that their love for the corporation knows no bounds, nor their minds sullied into demanding new and fresh experiences. No sireee a few coats of paint and replace the odd light bulb and we are raring to go.

Big things are coming, but obviously not now. It's better to look at the brighter side of things rather than cry and complain like a 5 year old because a brand new hundred million dollar ride isn't coming every year. I want new things- they are coming in 2011/2012. I do hope there's more shows/fireworks/parades to be announced, but I don't expect that until the 40th.

Um, which of those are coming in 2010?

They were just examples of the little things people overlook that make their experience at WDW amazing. :)

jmmc

I don't think we need to have a new, major attraction every single year. Especially when we know we're getting new things next year, and there's a lot of renovating and refurbs going on. Keeping things looking new and up to date is important, too. I know I can't get to WDW as often as I like, and a brand new attraction every year isn't necessary for me to enjoy the place.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well let's not be unreasonable here. We can't expect to have something new and exciting EVERY YEAR! I mean, come on, they just added American Idol Experience in 2009. And some new Disney Vacation Clubs! Of course 2010 is going to be an off year!
Don`t make me laugh...

Idol is a flop and DVC is a money maker from those that are already spending more for less.

Or are you being sarcastic? :shrug:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Don`t make me laugh...

Idol is a flop and DVC is a money maker from those that are already spending more for less.

Or are you being sarcastic? :shrug:

It is sarcasm.

I hope that Harry Potter is a HUGE success and Disney takes a BIG hit. Then, we'll see some action. Otherwise, I'm not holding my breath for more than has been announced.

WDW1974

The problem with going years without ADDING anything significant and taking things away is eventually you have so many holes, you don't even know where to start.

WDW has focused itself on marketing celebrations/campaigns, replacing attractions with weaker ones, and building timeshares for many years.

So even when something substantial is added ... like say EE .... it is met with skepticism (not helped by the horrendous show quality).

But to have four parks and not add anything in them for years (attraction, show, parade, pyro etc) is pathetic. Nothing was added in 2009 except for AIE ... you could add the street party at MK (or did that start in 08?) ... but really ... four parks, nothing.

2010 ... same thing.

2011 ... maybe a few things LATE ...

And that's on the heels of years of neglect and years of parks not getting very much ... but I've said this all before.

If people plan a trip to WDW because Stanley is sponsoring construction walls ... or because a new pizza joint is opening at EPCOT ... or because the scripts are being tweaked on the JC, well ... more power to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom