Nothing coming in 2010?

EPCOT Explorer

Every animal exhibit and the Coral Reef Restuarant is not Nemo and that's well over half the pavillion.

I didn't realize the manatees and all the other tanks were related to Nemo. Or are you just trying to exaggerate to make a point?

I honestly do think that the Manatees and a few of the other areas in the pavilions are the only areas that haven't gotten the overlay.

The other rooms near the center of "Sea Base" are all Nemo.

Have a good evening, everyone. See you all tomorrow.

muteki

I didn't realize the manatees and all the other tanks were related to Nemo. Or are you just trying to exaggerate to make a point?

Most of the rooms have been altered from their original state with Finding Nemo theming. Now, the difference may be an informative sign vs. an informative sign with a clown fish, but the difference is there. In other cases, it's a smiling shark photo-op vs. an deep sea diving suit simulation/demonstration (I really miss those). Pretty much the only things that haven't changed are the fish in the tanks.

WildcatDen

Now, really...:lol: Good night! Time for bed.

Sleep tight brother. Not really picking on you but when you go away from the boards for a while and them come back late one night, you realize not much has changed. I just quoted you since it fit my reply. Still it is funny to see those same offenders and defenders doing their daily battles. Even more funny given the current state of things in the world. But then again, WDW is about ESCAPING reality. And for me and my famiy, they still do that quite well.

So, in short, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and soft toilet paper. . .

TalkingHead

Most of the rooms have been altered from their original state with Finding Nemo theming. Now, the difference may be an informative sign vs. an informative sign with a clown fish, but the difference is there. In other cases, it's a smiling shark photo-op vs. an deep sea diving suit simulation/demonstration (I really miss those). Pretty much the only things that haven't changed are the fish in the tanks.

Which is sorta the point. The fish, manatees, and sea creatures are all still prominently displayed.

"The difference may be an informative sign vs. an informative sign with a clown fish, but the difference is there."

Do you realize how petty that sounds?

The information's there.

It's presented in a more colorful way that attracts more viewers' attention.

What's the problem?

It's a quesiton of rhetoric--if you want a dry, scientific presentation go to a city aquarium, not a theme park. For a theme park, though, the Seas of today seems to me to be much more successful than the Seas of old ("And it rained...and rained...and rained...zzzz.")

RSoxNo1

Wow, lots of things to respond to... let's try it.

How do Cartoon Fish fit in the Future?

They don't any more than real fish.

I do not think that in these circumstances that EO is mediocre. If it were done randomly, then yes. It would be a horrid fit. But seeing that MJ has passed on and Disney is paying tribute in Disneyland, why not in EPCOT too? It's not for thematic reasons like Jake is trying to play off on. It's because TDO is too cheap to do something that changes things up.

Bringing back Captain EO makes too much sense for Epcot. The Imagination pavilion is horrid, and we all know how much Disney loves to split the R&D costs for stuff like this. Couple that with the fact that nothing is coming to the parks and this is a no brainer. Unfortunately, some of the decision makers don't seem to have brains so we may be out of luck. BTW, I never liked Captain EO, my only interest is the possibility of a new type of Fastpass for my collection.

I know I'm late in this,but whoever said FW should be Discvoveryland(or world)-that it rediculous! FW may not be futuristic now,but it certainly was at one point and still an be.

EO should not come either. Let's get a new 3D show in there. One that won't capitalize on a person's death.:rolleyes:

Do you really want that in there for about 15 years?

So what should we call it? I also suggested, "The Future of 1982 World". What about "Future World... Kinda". EO would be a temporary thing, and it would be removed when the refurb the attraction and gut the pavilion.

The Living Seas were a little futuristic,but I never walked in and went "Wow! Look at the future of sea exploration!" Never happened. It was educational,which fits EPCOT's mission, and Nemo is more educational,still fitting the mold.

I never viewed The Living Seas as being futuristic. Before the Nemo makeover, I rarely went in there because the appeal just wasn't there. Nemo improved the pavilion dramatically. Now not only will I spend time at Turtle Talk with Crush, and The Seas with Nemo and Friends attraction, I will also spend time watching the fish, dolphins and manatees - things that dont' have the Nemo theme.

TLS was also more boring than watching a one man Broadway show staring Jeff Goldblum.

:snore:

Agreed.

Ooooo, good point!

:sohappy:

Never seen Crush yet (shy family :eek:), but I heard he answers marine biology questions for the kids. Is this true?

Crush is great - although I enjoy at DCA better because I'm selfish, and kids never ask good questions. At DCA, adults can ask questions and interact with Crush a bit more.

RSox- Sorry I missed this..:lol: I had to defend my jugular from jake first. :lol:

While it might be a accurate description, I think that's only because that's the direction they've allowed EPCOT to take. I think that's wrong. It's too generic. Futurism is something relevant, something dramatic and dynamic. Discoveryland? Can be found anywhere. DAK could fit that bill, IMHO.

Bull!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been in there!? :lol:

The main reason why I feel Discoveryland is a better option is because the closest thing to a cohesive theme is that of Scientific Discovery.
I understand what you're saying that Discoveryland is a very broad theme - but considering how broad the range of pavilions are at Epcot it's far more accurate than Future World. When have all of Epcot's attractions fit into the Futuristic mold? However, since 1982 all of the pavilions have been about Scientific Discovery.

muteki

Which is sorta the point. The fish, manatees, and sea creatures are all still prominently displayed.

"The difference may be an informative sign vs. an informative sign with a clown fish, but the difference is there."

The information's there.

What's the problem?

It's a quesiton of rhetoric--if you want a dry, scientific presentation go to a city aquarium, not a theme park. For a theme park, though, the Seas of today seems to me to be much more successful than the Seas of old ("And it rained...and rained...and rained...zzzz.")

I was responding more to the idea that parts of the pavilion are the same as before (or Nemo-less) than giving a judgement as to which was better, but interpret it as you wish :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Sleep tight brother. Not really picking on you but when you go away from the boards for a while and them come back late one night, you realize not much has changed. I just quoted you since it fit my reply. Still it is funny to see those same offenders and defenders doing their daily battles. Even more funny given the current state of things in the world. But then again, WDW is about ESCAPING reality. And for me and my famiy, they still do that quite well.

So, in short, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and soft toilet paper. . .
Oh, I know there was no harm intended. Lively discussion is par for the course.

Your bolded points, however...;)

Much has changed, though. The change in WDW from a few years ago, and from a decade ago.

A decade ago, it seems that we had a entirely different business model. Synergy was lest important (Plush sales) and the creation of unique venues were more apparent.

A few years ago? Quality was suffering. Now? It seems to be improving, albeit at a slow rate.
There are many aspects to WDW, and they are all interconnected.

And yes, WDW IS about escapism. I just don't want to escape into the same Fantasyland in every park. It needs to be different. Unique. Each ride can't just be plopped down in every park...It gets boring like that.

The information's there.

What's the problem?

Yes, the information is there, never denied that. TSwNaF does inform. (Though, poorly, IMHO.)

The problem is lack of cohesive theme to the land it's in.

The main reason why I feel Discoveryland is a better option is because the closest thing to a cohesive theme is that of Scientific Discovery.
I understand what you're saying that Discoveryland is a very broad theme - but considering how broad the range of pavilions are at Epcot it's far more accurate than Future World. When have all of Epcot's attractions fit into the Futuristic mold? However, since 1982 all of the pavilions have been about Scientific Discovery.
I think you are right. Honestly. I just think that that "Scientific Discovery" theme needs to be married to the "Future/Where we are going, and where we have been" theme so that it is narrowed and more dynamic.

You do that through architecture, thematics, music, and MOST attractions. :D

jakeman

A decade ago, it seems that we had a entirely different business model. Synergy was lest important (Plush sales) and the creation of unique venues were more apparent.
That is simply not true.

I did traditions 11 years ago this summer. One of the very first thing we talked about was synergy and promoting brands across all available platforms.

I can't believe will all the TDO bashing you do, you are perfectly fine rolling the dice that EO will only be here for a short time and it won't be used as an excuse to push back a refurb of the Imagination Pavilion.

I would also question EO's relevance now. It's been almost 8 months since MJ died. Putting EO in, even in the next month would make TWDC look like a slow, stupid, giant looking to make a buck. I really think the window to do this with good PR has past. That goes for here and DL.

EPCOT Explorer

That is simply not true.

I did traditions 11 years ago this summer. One of the very first thing we talked about was synergy and promoting brands across all available platforms.

I can't believe will all the TDO bashing you do, you are perfectly fine rolling the dice that EO will only be here for a short time and it won't be used as an excuse to push back a refurb of the Imagination Pavilion.

I would also question EO's relevance now. It's been almost 8 months since MJ died. Putting EO in, even in the next month would make TWDC look like a slow, stupid, giant looking to make a buck. I really think the window to do this with good PR has past. That goes for here and DL.

And that was an error on my part. :lol: Should read more than a decade ago. Sorry!

The TDO bashing is because they are not doing EO in the first place. It's unseen if they would leave it in there too long, seeing that this isn't going to happen. :lol: How can you say what will happen?

MJ is still popular, seeing that his CD sales are still up, and the This Is IT DVD is being released.

EPCOT Explorer

That just because a movie is popular does not mean it automatically makes a good ride.
*ding*

Winner. :D

:rolleyes:

Spend some actual time in the pavilion you'll see.

Yeah, like I POSTED, which you should have READ, the pavilion, sure, there's some information. :ROFLOL: The ride? Fails at that. If it weren't the headliner of the Pavilion, it would be fine. But as it is, the main draw does nothing for that.

SirGoofy

Yeah, like I POSTED, which you should have READ, the pavilion, sure, there's some information. :ROFLOL: The ride? Fails at that. If it weren't the headliner of the Pavilion, it would be fine. But as it is, the main draw does nothing for that.

The ride get's people into the pavilion. The learning is in the pavilion. The ride is the entertainment. Not everything in Epcot has to teach you.

Besides, the only thing I remember learning in the original Seacabs is what the back of my eyelids look like.:lol:

_Scar

Sure, the ride only entertains. But it's very little of the pavillion. There's so many more exhibits to see.

I never said it was, I think the ride is fine but it just doesn't fit in EPcot.

Just because it doesn't go "this is how the world will be in 2055" doesn't mean it doesn't fit.

That just because a movie is popular does not mean it automatically makes a good ride.

Good thing that isn't the case in Nemo's pavillion :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom