Nothing coming in 2010?

jakeman

Yeah, like I POSTED, which you should have READ, the pavilion, sure, there's some information. :ROFLOL: The ride? Fails at that. If it weren't the headliner of the Pavilion, it would be fine. But as it is, the main draw does nothing for that.
What does Soarin' teach?

RSoxNo1

That just because a movie is popular does not mean it automatically makes a good ride.

Just because a movie has racial undertones doesn't mean it won't make a popular ride. The movie/character tie in is irrelevant if the attraction is done well. It's when the tie in is used as a replacement for quality that it becomes a problem.

What does Soarin' teach?

It teaches me what Oranges smell like.

EPCOT Explorer

The ride get's people into the pavilion. The learning is in the pavilion. The ride is the entertainment. Not everything in Epcot has to teach you.
Never said it did.

The ride is perfect entertainment. Does it fit the theme? Nope.

Sure, the ride only entertains. But it's very little of the pavillion. There's so many more exhibits to see.

:
Very little?! It's the headliner!
What does Soarin' teach?

Nothing, but it fits the theme quite well. :wave:

_Scar

Never said it did.

The ride is perfect entertainment. Does it fit the theme? Nope.

Very little?! It's the headliner!

Nothing, but it fits the theme quite well. :wave:

It may be, but the pavillion still offers so much more than that. It only takes a small chunk of TLS.

misterID

The original theme "The Living Seas" was more scientific and fit 80's/90's EPCOT. But man, was it boring. Nemo gets more people in there. And even though it has more of a cartoonish vibe, it fits todays EPCOT.

To be honest, they probably would have had to add Nemo if EPCOT still followed its 80's/90's theme. It was never a fun pavillion, imo.

Figment632

Sure, the ride only entertains. But it's very little of the pavillion. There's so many more exhibits to see.

Just because it doesn't go "this is how the world will be in 2055" doesn't mean it doesn't fit.

Good thing that isn't the case in Nemo's pavillion :sohappy:

You clearly have no clue what EPCOT is supposed to be about. No one said anything about 2055 but it is interesting that there is nothing at all and I mean at all, even a little futuristic through out an entire pavilion in a land called Future World.

What does Soarin' teach?

Well when it opened the ride system was almost one of a kind and had never been done before (besides in DCA). It is mor of an accent to the theme but you are right they should film something new for this ride exclusivly for EC.

EPCOT Explorer

I dosen't unless we are talking Project Gemini!
attachment.php

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

You could say that again it would have been a disaster!

I just wish they would use the money that would have been allocated to do this to help out the existing park in that fashion.

And a tiny part of me thinks I would have liked the aesthetic changes. Even the curved entrance and cut up Communicore.

But the content? No...

EPCOT Explorer

You just said Soarin' fits the theme well. Please, explain the future in Soarin.:wave:

Granted, it could fit it better, it's more modern than anything, but it fits TheL and FW much better than a cartoon.:shrug:

Besides, it's PART of the Land. Not the Headliner, like Nemo is for TheS.

Figment632

I just wish they would use the money that would have been allocated to do this to help out the existing park in that fashion.

And a tiny part of me thinks I would have liked the aesthetic changes. Even the curved entrance and cut up Communicore.

But the content? No...

The only think I wouldn't have mind was the hedge maze.

SirGoofy

Granted, it could fit it better, it's more modern than anything, but it fits TheL and FW much better than a cartoon.:shrug:

Meaning "It really doesn't have anything future related, but I like it, so it's okay.";):p

Besides, it's PART of the Land. Not the Headliner, like Nemo is for TheS.

No way, no how, buddy. You're kidding yourself if you think Soarin' isn't the headliner of the land. You see the sign for it BEFORE you see the sign for the pavilion itself, not to mention it's the thing everyone runs to when the park opens. They aren't running for Living with the Land or Circle of Life.

Figment632

Goofy why is it okay to slap a cartoon all over a FW pavilion but not have one in AL? You should be fine with an UP attraction in AL and the JC becoming The JC through The Jungle Book.

SirGoofy

Goofy why is it okay to slap a cartoon all over a FW pavilion but not have one in AL? You should be fine with an UP attraction in AL and the JC becoming The JC through The Jungle Book.

Sure. I know it makes no sense. But...

A) Epcot had no cartoons what so ever. It's not the end of the world to me that there's one Pavilion that's been cartooned. Whereas all of the MK is becoming cartooned, and it's becoming a Kiddy-only park. Something that Epcot isn't even close to. I'm okay with them throwing one bone to the kids there.

B) JC is still an incredibly fun and popular attraction, something TLS was not. Also, cartoons would ruin the safari like feel of JC, whereas Nemo improved The Seas by leaps and bounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom