Nothing coming in 2010?

MousDad

I still say that Future World is about anything that prepares us for or enables us to embrace a better future, and should not only be about things that are futuristic.

It doesn't have to all be about the flying car of the future ... today! (some of you will get that)

In fact, sometimes the best way to embrace the future is to dwell on the past. Hi, SSE, I'm looking at you!

Figment632

I still say that Future World is about anything that prepares us for or enables us to embrace a better future, and should not only be about things that are futuristic.

It doesn't have to all be about the flying car of the future ... today! (some of you will get that)

In fact, sometimes the best way to embrace the future is to dwell on the past. Hi, SSE, I'm looking at you!

How does the Nemo ride do this, the pavilion might but the ride does not.

SirGoofy

How does Soarin' do that?

Not everything in the pavilion has to. That's the point. The whole thing is supposed to be taken as a whole, not it's individual parts.

I honestly don't see how this is hard to understand...:lol:

MousDad

-Gets people of a younger, impressionable age interested in things oceanic by providing material that they can easily identify with.

-Provides an implied or subconscious embracing of the pavilion content by both incorporating main pavilion elements seamlessly within the attraction proper, and by physically depositing or transporting you to the pavilion at the conclusion.

-Supports the post show elements unobtrusively, but cohesively.

In short, it does everything the old ride did, just in a different way. A fair compromise with a return of increased interest, IMO. If your rule is "characters suck - get em out period," then that's fine with me. But don't say it doesn't support and keep with the message of the pavilion.

Figment632

How does Soarin' do that?

Not everything in the pavilion has to. That's the point. The whole thing is supposed to be taken as a whole, not it's individual parts.

I honestly don't see how this is hard to understand...:lol:

Thats fine the main focal point of the pavilion should and the Nemo ride is the main focal point. It does none of these things and that is why it doesn't fit. It has nothing to do with the cartoon part of it. Take Turtle Talk I think that is a great addition to the pavilion.

Figment632

-Gets people of a younger, impressionable age interested in things oceanic by providing material that they can easily identify with.

-Provides an implied or subconscious embracing of the pavilion content by both incorporating main pavilion elements seamlessly within the attraction proper, and by physically depositing or transporting you to the pavilion at the conclusion.

-Supports the post show elements unobrusively, but cohesively.

In short, it does everything the old ride did, just in a different way. A fair compromise with a return of increased interest, IMO. If your rule is "characters suck - get em out period," then that's fine with me. But don't say it doesn't support and keep with the message of the pavilion.

Nemo doesn't fit and look at my name do I hate characters?

SirGoofy

-Supports the post show elements unobtrusively, but cohesively.

Agreed!

Thats fine the main focal point of the pavilion should and the Nemo ride is the main focal point. It does none of these things and that is why it doesn't fit. It has nothing to do with the cartoon part of it. Take Turtle Talk I think that is a great addition to the pavilion.

Soarin is the main focal point of The Land. What does it teach?

lebeau

You guys are so silly. The theme of Future World is whatever the sponsors of the various pavilions want it to be. Barring a sponsor, it is whatever Disney thinks will move the most merchandise.

As far as the theme of Future World goes, I'll take Nemo over the return of Eo.

Figment632

You guys are so silly. The theme of Future World is whatever the sponsors of the various pavilions want it to be. Barring a sponsor, it is whatever Disney thinks will move the most merchandise.

Well I wouldn't take either. To put it simple Nemo was the cheap way out for Disney.

Figment632

Yes, completely overhauling a pavilion with a terrific queue, an extended ride, and the best dark ride built in a long long time is the cheap way out.:rolleyes:

For cheap, see: WoL.

Yes it was ask Martin about it some time. They also did not overhaul the whole pavilion mostly the pavilion got a fresh coat of paint. The ride is a nice little C-ticket. The funny thing is I like the ride just not where it is placed.

SirGoofy

Yes it was ask Martin about it some time. They also did not overhaul the whole pavilion mostly the pavilion got a fresh coat of paint. The ride is a nice little C-ticket. The funny thing is I like the ride just not where it is placed.

Listen, I know there were always other plans. There's always other plans.

But in a time when there's actually things wrong with the parks, that people complain about something that's quality.

EPCOT Explorer

Oy.

Meaning "It really doesn't have anything future related, but I like it, so it's okay.";):p

No, not really. It's not glaringly disparent with TL. It fits the whole feel of the Land and of FW because of the presentation. The Seas? Not really. There's no different presentation there.
No way, no how, buddy. You're kidding yourself if you think Soarin' isn't the headliner of the land. You see the sign for it BEFORE you see the sign for the pavilion itself, not to mention it's the thing everyone runs to when the park opens. They aren't running for Living with the Land or Circle of Life.
Yes, way, yes, how. It's still the THE LAND, isn't it? It's not the Soarin' Pavilion, in the same way that The Seas with Nemo and Friends is both ride and name.

Goofy why is it okay to slap a cartoon all over a FW pavilion but not have one in AL? You should be fine with an UP attraction in AL and the JC becoming The JC through The Jungle Book.
Exactly. To use Jakeman's term..." Fanboi Hypocrisy ".

It does not fit the theme of the land that it resides in.

Sure. I know it makes no sense. But...

A) Epcot had no cartoons what so ever. It's not the end of the world to me that there's one Pavilion that's been cartooned. Whereas all of the MK is becoming cartooned, and it's becoming a Kiddy-only park. Something that Epcot isn't even close to. I'm okay with them throwing one bone to the kids there.

B) JC is still an incredibly fun and popular attraction, something TLS was not. Also, cartoons would ruin the safari like feel of JC, whereas Nemo improved The Seas by leaps and bounds.
Throwing them a bone isn't plastering the whole pavilion in Nemo and forcing other demographics out. :wave:

And JC is fun only if you have a good skipper. I've never experienced that, and frankly don't have any ties to the JC. I'd like to, but I don't. Always fell flat for us.

Finding Nemo is as futuristic as any other pavilion except Mission: SPACE. Now if they would just get on board with my Discoveryland idea we'd be on to something.
SSE, too.

And UoE, if it didn't look so old.

EXACTLY.:sohappy:

And yeah, got it. :D
I always thought LWTL was the main focal point?

Also I am fine with characters when they are used correctly.
It was, and exactly.

Nemo is too much of a good thing. It should have stopped with Turtle Talk.

TS really needs a sponsor, then. Not this band of "funds" that it has now.

SirGoofy

Throwing them a bone isn't plastering the whole pavilion in Nemo and forcing other demographics out. :wave:

Really? What demographics have been "forced out"? Because I see a hell of a lot more people in the pavilion now.:lol:

And JC is fun only if you have a good skipper. I've never experienced that, and frankly don't have any ties to the JC. I'd like to, but I don't. Always fell flat for us.

Still doesn't change the fact that it has some of the highest guest satisfaction numbers in the park, along with ridership on the level of Space Mountain.:wave:

Figment632

Oy.

Yes, way, yes, how. It's still the THE LAND, isn't it? It's not the Soarin' Pavilion, in the same way that The Seas with Nemo and Friends is both ride and name.

Exactly. To use Jakeman's term..." Fanboi Hypocrisy ".

It does not fit the theme of the land that it resides in.

SSE, too.

And UoE, if it didn't look so old.

EXACTLY.:sohappy:

And yeah, got it. :D

It was, and exactly.

Nemo is too much of a good thing. It should have stopped with Turtle Talk.
TS really needs a sponsor, then. Not this band of "funds" that it has now.

Evan it is scary how much you and I agree on EC!

Figment632

Really? What demographics have been "forced out"? Because I see a hell of a lot more people in the pavilion now.:lol:

Still doesn't change the fact that it has some of the highest guest satisfaction numbers in the park, along with ridership on the level of Space Mountain.:wave:

Where does it stop? DIsney seems (exception to HKDL expansion) incapable of building an attraction that is original it has to have a character tie in. SO should UOE have an MI overlay?

SO you would be fine with a permanent Nightmare overlay of HM?
Again there are a lot of popular character that could work in AL.

BY your logic if a character is popular it is fine to pu them in an attraction. SOo you should be fine with a Stitch overlay of JC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom